Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YIKES AND HOLY SMOKES ALL CAPITALS!!

Winter arrived at the Chateau late last night. Fargin temperature dropped from a lovely 83F to a vicious 56F <-- EEK. EEK.

Do you realize if the temp drops the same amount tonight... we will have lumpy water.
Remember that 5-7" snow storm we were supposed to get yesterday? If ya could collect every snowflake at the ranch and put 'em in a Dixie cup, you might have five inches if'n you didn't pack it down.

Three trades get paid if they're right or wrong: A preacher, a weatherman, and a doctor.

Afternoon stoners. Errands day for me and it sure costs lots of $$ to run errands these days. Grow store, hardware store, liquor store, and gun store sure will put a dent in the old credit card.

Storm has move in and the temp is dropping like a $5 dollar prostitute on New Years Eve! I don't mind the cold but throw in wind and it is miserable to me. Not supposed to see the sun for days.......great.

Guess I will take a nice hot Jacuzzi and take a big fat bowl with me.......

People... we gots trouble; the thermomadinger on my back patio says 48 degrees Farginheit!!

The peacocks that hang around the Chateau would NOT shut up this morning. Herself was trying to get some more z's, and two of them were standing outside the bedroom window sounding like a steamboat calliope (in heat).

So I rushed outside the back and waved a seed bag at them. They came a-runnin' (YAY!) but they honked even louder (BOO!)

Got them settled down, and decided to build a fire in the fireplace... except all the wood is out in the shed, 'way the heck over there in the back. Screw the fire. Crank the thermostat to "Ludicrous Speed".

This is all done in the fargin dark/gloom.

The bedroom door opens, a pussycat (4-legger) comes flying out... and the bedroom door slams.

Uh-ooh.

Great Avatar GW

Thanks, here are some from my earlier years of scientific discovery:

44F @ 47% RH with 15 mph winds, and predicted to soar to 49F before days end.

Arbitration day here! Much of yesterday spent in preparation and ready.

The stucco and painting bids on the rental came in within budget, so will pay to have them done by the professionals while I watch. It's been over a decade since I've prepped and sprayed a unit and was for sure not looking forward to it.

Attachments

• mad_scientist.jpg
    mad_scientist.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Investigating elecrical socket.jpg
    Investigating elecrical socket.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Beginning of scientific investigation.jpg
    Beginning of scientific investigation.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 3
and what about me?...and everyone else?.....chopped liver?...I can’t get no respect.
You are a shyster......A little hippie ...... A little red neck.....always a suspect......but you are a brother so you can play in my sand box anytime.

Walt and G W......thanks for being here.

I'll second that

Thanks for the good thoughts and appreciations brothers! I appreciate ya'll too!

and what about me?...and everyone else?.....chopped liver?...I can’t get no respect.

Sending you a big socially distanced and masked hug of appreciation Big, but no kisses because of the mask thang!

43F @ 58% RH, double gaugus and predicted to reach 48F.

A grueling 4.5hr arbitration yesterday afternoon, which I hope ends this litigation once and for all.

I have a physical exam early this morning, and then it is a double gorgeous day to do some outside maintenance on the vacant rental. It involves a ladder and I hope I can do it with the 22', because it has gotten increasingly more difficult for me to manage a 26' by myself.

WE'RE NUMBER 1, WE'RE NUMBER 1, WE'RE NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Portland was just identified as the US city with the highest number of stolen cars per capita.

Attachments

• free hugs.jpg
    free hugs.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back