Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
meanwhile back at the farm

Man are my neighbors hollyhocks killing it or what!?

9DC19E92-7953-4CF7-8474-9F55AEDB69A6.jpeg
888A38F4-36EE-47C0-AE2C-4A0EADB633EA.jpeg

You can have him. Goodnight and goodbye. I am burning out brightly. This is a guy whom you have embraced. We hsd a dust up and I was wrong and apologized. Now, he wants me out and y''all are largeLy silent. That speaks volumes.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can have him. Goodnight and goodbye. I am burning out brightly. This is a guy whom you have embraced. We hsd a dust up and I was wrong and apologized. Now, he wants me out and y''all are largeLy silent. That speaks volumes.

You gotta do what you gotta do my dear, but consider that we are mostly silent because no one asked you to leave and it was you who started the critiques. What would you have us say?

We don't get along on this forum because we are all nice people, saying nothing but kind words to each other, but because we respect each others space. We accept that we are all raving a-holes, but it is OK because we are our raving a-holes.

We also don't typically get involved with dust ups between two other members, but let them work things out themselves. Male camaraderie includes bon mots competitions that needle each other to the absurd, but they are not really personal attacks or denigrations, just playful ribbing. They are funny because we all know that they are not true, or if they are true, as miscreants we can joke that we admire them in a man.

As we all sometimes get out of hand in our exuberance, there are times that we just roll our eyes and ignore our brother or sister's extreme excursions, as the kindest thing to do and realize that they are cutting us the same slack.

57F @ 82% RH, partially cloudy and predicted to reach 88F.

Four more shootings with at least 10 shots fired at each and two killed in apartment fire started with illegal fireworks.

I picked up an new kitchen light for one of the rentals and ordered a new air to air heat exchanger for my test sled. This time a 10 pass single row, so it will drain properly. The ice water heat exchanger works well, but goes through a lot of ice, and I'm looking to minimize expenses.

Last edited:
You gotta do what you gotta do my dear, but consider that we are mostly silent because no one asked you to leave and it was you who started the critiques. What would you have us say?

We don't get along on this forum because we are all nice people, saying nothing but kind words to each other, but because we respect each others space. We accept that we are all raving a-holes, but it is OK because we are our raving a-holes.

We also don't typically get involved with dust ups between two other members, but let them work things out themselves. Male camaraderie includes bon mots competitions that needle each other to the absurd, but they are not really personal attacks or denigrations, just playful ribbing. They are funny because we all know that they are not true, or if they are true, as miscreants we can joke that we admire them in a man.

As we all sometimes get out of hand in our exuberance, there are times that we just roll our eyes and ignore our brother or sister's extreme excursions, as the kindest thing to do and realize that they are cutting us the same slack.

57F @ 82% RH, partially cloudy and predicted to reach 88F.

Four more shootings with at least 10 shots fired at each and two killed in apartment fire started with illegal fireworks.

I picked up an new kitchen light for one of the rentals and ordered a new air to air heat exchanger for my test sled. This time a 10 pass single row, so it will drain properly. The ice water heat exchanger works well, but goes through a lot of ice, and I'm looking to minimize expenses.

really good post Wolf , even if you are a nerdy scientist....:)

one must have some thick skin to interact with idiots , misfits , and old farts who are retired and have nothing better to do than poke bears , stir pots full of feces , and have brought trolling to a professional level , yeah , put on yer flame suit and get out your rock flipper and tell the trolls to you are a good shot

really good post Wolf , even if you are a nerdy scientist....:) one must have some thick skin to interact with idiots , misfits , and old farts who are retired and have nothing better to do than poke bears , stir pots full of feces , and have brought trolling to a professional level , yeah , put on yer flame suit and get out your rock flipper and tell the trolls to you are a good shot

The Dali Lama once said, "Who did you think needed love?" We are what we are when we get his old.

In my nerdy scientist case, it was fortunate that I was born handy, as my charm, good looks, and swinging meat certainly didn't cut it.

I an not going to get involved in personality conflicts. Personally looks like a minor misunderstanding. Put each other on ignore.

I an not going to get involved in personality conflicts. Personally looks like a minor misunderstanding. Put each other on ignore.
Haven't found the need to use the ignore button since the New Guard took over. Can't ignore a mod, though. Don't ask me how I know, Hopper.....:)

embraced!?...

not me Miss Shaggy , I would have to put on an hazmat suit to embrace anyone of these cantankerous toenail fungus old fart misfits and then burn the suit afterwards

embraced!?...

not me Miss Shaggy , I would have to put on an hazmat suit to embrace anyone of these cantankerous toenail fungus old fart misfits and then burn the suit afterwards
I felt him up once in a bar restroom, but I was shit faced drunk and he was begging for it..... :)
They were playing our song on the jukebox, too.

Latest posts

Back