Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my kind of woman. A little hippie.....a little redneck. Never a dancer and tits are real. Took one look at her and have spent my whole adult life with her.

View attachment 302087
Gorgeous.

I have known only one woman on earth in the biblical way. And only after we got married. <-- That was not easy for either of us...

Best move I've ever made. This was taken on our 8th anniversary.
1656970523247.jpeg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is Witchie-Poo at age 80. Note her hair has never been dyed... she has never gone gray. Most ricky-tick supernatural. I've never heard of this phenomenon:
1656970769470.jpeg

LATE EDIT ADD:
HAH!! Herself just came in and saw this. I read her the previous paragraphs and asked her howcum she doesn't go gray like humans do.

"I don't know. But like my mother said, I am the "first daughter of the first daughter for seven generations of the Hay Clan."

Her Clan Tartan:
1656971252639.png

Last edited:
Gorgeous.

I have known only one woman on earth in the biblical way. And only after we got married. <-- That was not easy for either of us...

Best move I've ever made. This was taken on our 8th anniversary.
View attachment 302112
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is Witchie-Poo at age 80. Note her hair has never been dyed... she has never gone gray. Most ricky-tick supernatural. I've never heard of this phenomenon:
View attachment 302113
Dats a beauty too ...!

Well, there's one nice thing about the condition of the economy; Usually, the fireworks go from just before sundown clean to two or three o'clock in the morning of the fifth. Haven't heard one for at least two hours. With the cost of food and gas, nobody's got the money to piss away on fireworks that have gone up in price by fifty percent.
Hope everybody had a good and safe fourth. Happy Birthday, America!

Good night, shipmates.

For those of you that don't know. Mexicans where involved in the American War of Independence. Few Americans are aware of Mexicans, Spanish, Native Americans, French, Cubans, Puerto Ricans and Freed African Slaves all fought for The United States of America. Led by General Bernardo de Gálvez of New Spain (modern day Mexico), considered in The United States as hero of the American Revolution, a man who marched to the right of George Washington that historic July 4.

Mexican silver helped financed The American War of Independence. When the British withdrew its currency from the colonies. Continental Congress adopted the Spanish dollar (pieces of eight) as the official currency.

In 1779, 220 Solders of New Spain (Capital Mexico City) reached what is now St. Louis before 1,200 Brits and Indian allies did - defeated the enemy and chased them back to Canada. That was followed by brilliant and strategic victories at Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Mobile Bay, Alabama, the Bahamas and the Mother of all Battles at Pensacola, Florida where 1,400 soldiers of New Spain defeated the largest British fortress on the Gulf of Mexico. General Bernardo de Galvez also took 45 ships with men to Yorktown where he placed them under the command of General George Washington. So our forefathers stand side by side with George Washington.

Well, I fired off the last of my gunpowder. The cops did NOT show up with more powder...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's a pessimist's view.

The evening turned out like none I have seen in several decades. Earlier, my neighbor came by to 'splain that eleven families had pitched in for fireworks. They parked their trucks and cars in his side yard and had a humongous pool party all day. Musta been 15 little kids...

He asked me if I could present the opening salvo of the fireworks with my cannon. O joy. O rapture! I was so pleased to agree. What he din' know was that I would include a big susprise...

It was getting pretty dark out and they had set up a whole bunch of big firework racks. I couldn't see how many of those racks, but what I could see was incredible. Our property line has a thickly covered wire doggie fence, but just the part I could see through the foliage on my side was about a hundred feet of standing racks.

My susprise: I positioned the cannon close to the fence lined up with a gap in the foliage. Pointed (sorta) at them. The nearest person was about 100 feet away and the way I had it lined up, nobody was anywhere near directly in front of it.

Stuffed ALL my gunpowder for one shot only. Poked a torn-up towel in the barrel and tamped it in with a wooden broom handle.

I put an 18" fuse in the touchhole. It would take about 30 seconds or so to burn down, so as the party was going on over there, I lit it and took my WWI trumpet (my step-father was a bugler in the War) far to the left, blowing it and shouting:

"Everybody hit the deck!" (blows trumpet staccato) "Final warning!" People at the party were looking way over at my racket...

...and the world stopped. KRAK-BOOOM!!

An enormous cloud of white smoke covered their party for 200 feet. Matt (my GI neighbor hosting the party) filled the following dead silence with a huge "WHOOOP" and shouted:

"Let the battle commence!"

For more than an hour, Herself and Your Humble Obdn't &tc sat in our back yard watching more than ten thousand dollars' worth of REAL fireworks going off. It looked like daylight.

For those of you that don't know. Mexicans where involved in the American War of Independence. Few Americans are aware of Mexicans, Spanish, Native Americans, French, Cubans, Puerto Ricans and Freed African Slaves all fought for The United States of America. Led by General Bernardo de Gálvez of New Spain (modern day Mexico), considered in The United States as hero of the American Revolution, a man who marched to the right of George Washington that historic July 4.

Mexican silver helped financed The American War of Independence. When the British withdrew its currency from the colonies. Continental Congress adopted the Spanish dollar (pieces of eight) as the official currency.

In 1779, 220 Solders of New Spain (Capital Mexico City) reached what is now St. Louis before 1,200 Brits and Indian allies did - defeated the enemy and chased them back to Canada. That was followed by brilliant and strategic victories at Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Mobile Bay, Alabama, the Bahamas and the Mother of all Battles at Pensacola, Florida where 1,400 soldiers of New Spain defeated the largest British fortress on the Gulf of Mexico. General Bernardo de Galvez also took 45 ships with men to Yorktown where he placed them under the command of General George Washington. So our forefathers stand side by side with George Washington.

except Pancho Villa , he cut off them gringos ears for messin‘ with him

I am putting that bottle away, I had such bad PVC's and then nights sweats so bad it felt like I came out of pool and climbed right into bed, sheets were soaked.
Bladder control problems? 😁

Just kiddin', Bro. Sounds like ya damn near wet brained yourself. Guy's gotta do that now and then so he remembers why he doesn't do that anymore.

Fireworks illegal here in Portland and yet air quality had been reduced to moderate by this morning from smoke and the park next door is littered with spent fireworks.

Miss Layla hasn't shown any loud noise sensitivity until this year, and she slept next to my side of the bed panting heavily, where I could lay hands on her for reassurance. Reassuring to know that she comes to me when frightened, instead to running amuck in a panic.

A lovely cloudy morning in Paradise here this morning at 61F @ 77% RH with showers predicted and predicted to reach 72F with a 2-mph breeze.

Some quality time cleaning the bamboo out the crack behind my retaining wall that it created and pouring it full of "Die Muther" (Caseron). Alas I gave part of my bag to my neighbor for his side of the fence, so ran out and had to buy another bag.

I also had to clear a fresh crop of tap root weeds from the back yard but have to be making progress. One of my peppers are starting to bud and the tamaters are putting on foliage.

Still waiting for the jar wrench that I ordered, but who says desperate old dawgs can't learn new tricks. I soaked the recalcitrant lid in water, and it came off easily.

My Fabled PC has turned into a real Southern Belle (clang-clang, you all). She makes fried okra that is reminiscent of the fried clams we useta get a half-century ago in Howard Johnson's... Only much better.

She has a rule: You run, not walk from the garden to the stove when you pick okra.
Are you picking okra from the neighbors gardens again? That will be two toothbrushes please....

Bubba

Latest posts

Back