Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
july 4th 2019, .... sorry no pics of 4th since then

july4 2019.jpg

Happy July 6th brothers and sisters! A lovely new morning in Paradise at 64F and 91% RH, partially cloudy and predicted to reach 73F.

More sorting through old files, recycling and shredding.

I took the Jeep to Jiffy Lube because I couldn't find my filter wrench and not only had to endure their pushy sales but got nicked $55 for an oil and filter change. Wowza!!

Grayfox received a 200-word letter from a 73-year-old tenant asking her to ask me to open her kitchen storm window for ventilation, so I made an appointment to do so, but when I arrived exactly on time, she was on the phone yaking non-stop, as she was when I left. Her only words to me when I arrived and knocked, was, "come on in. There was no goodbye or thank you when I left after removing the lower storm panel, verifying the window itself operated properly, including the lock and security pin, and that the screen was in good shape.

When I get home there was a lengthy rambling phone message that she was sorry she was on the phone and that I did it all wrong and I needed to come back. I delayed calling her back until I had expended all of my choice expletives and had cooled down enough to be civil, and then did so on the speaker phone with Grayfox present both as a witness and to keep me civil.

I had to repeatedly interrupt her rambles off to neverland and return to the subject. It was also clear she wasn't listening to anything I was trying to communicate, sooo I finally stopped her again and said, "Can you or can you not operate your kitchen window to get ventilation?" When she said yes, I said, "Call me when you want the storm window panel replaced. Will that work?"

She said yes and I said, "Good, talk to you then", concluding the conversation. I've never had to operate a storm window for any of our tenants until now, but I cut her slack because of her age. I hope her mental state doesn't further deteriorate, because I don't have enough extra to go around and am five years older.

A bright new day that started on an upbeat note with a wake-up nuzzle and snuggle love in with Miss Layla! Cleaning ladies today, so it looks like a fun morning at Fernhill dog park for the pup and a gorgeous day for frolicking there!

puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Soaring with eagles.jpg

Fox.jpg

Happy July 6th brothers and sisters! A lovely new morning in Paradise at 64F and 91% RH, partially cloudy and predicted to reach 73F.

More sorting through old files, recycling and shredding.

I took the Jeep to Jiffy Lube because I couldn't find my filter wrench and not only had to endure their pushy sales but got nicked $55 for an oil and filter change. Wowza!!

Grayfox received a 200-word letter from a 73-year-old tenant asking her to ask me to open her kitchen storm window for ventilation, so I made an appointment to do so, but when I arrived exactly on time, she was on the phone yaking non-stop, as she was when I left. Her only words to me when I arrived and knocked, was, "come on in. There was no goodbye or thank you when I left after removing the lower storm panel, verifying the window itself operated properly, including the lock and security pin, and that the screen was in good shape.

When I get home there was a lengthy rambling phone message that she was sorry she was on the phone and that I did it all wrong and I needed to come back. I delayed calling her back until I had expended all of my choice expletives and had cooled down enough to be civil, and then did so on the speaker phone with Grayfox present both as a witness and to keep me civil.

I had to repeatedly interrupt her rambles off to neverland and return to the subject. It was also clear she wasn't listening to anything I was trying to communicate, sooo I finally stopped her again and said, "Can you or can you not operate your kitchen window to get ventilation?" When she said yes, I said, "Call me when you want the storm window panel replaced. Will that work?"

She said yes and I said, "Good, talk to you then", concluding the conversation. I've never had to operate a storm window for any of our tenants until now, but I cut her slack because of her age. I hope her mental state doesn't further deteriorate, because I don't have enough extra to go around and am five years older.

A bright new day that started on an upbeat note with a wake-up nuzzle and snuggle love in with Miss Layla! Cleaning ladies today, so it looks like a fun morning at Fernhill dog park for the pup and a gorgeous day for frolicking there!

View attachment 302233
View attachment 302234
View attachment 302235
That is one of the problems when owning apts and renting
The good tenants get old and go senile or get sick, and you as the Landlord are in a hard place.
Where do they go, if they nhave no other family and even then the Family does not want their problems.

Latest posts

Back