Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up on a farm too Pute. We killed a hog and a bull every season. My momma made souse with all the brains and whatever else. Daddy would eat the mountain oysters thank god he loved them and there were not enough for everyone. She tried to make the chitlins but didn’t know how so they were just like cooking a pot of p-oo. The dog wouldn’t even eat it. 😂 My dad was a hunter too so we ate a lot of deer meat and occasionally wild rabbit. We eat mostly chicken and fish too. we have a steak now and then but not often. I do use ground beef on occasion and pork too but our bodies can’t take that stuff to often anymore.

When you are on the farm you eat all kinds of things that would make a city boy puke. I don't like tripe either don't even mention cow balls to me.... Think about what we don't like.....the Chinese eat things that would make a billy goat puke. And honestly Asian people live longer and are some of the healthiest people in the world.

Im 1/2 italian and will eat most things
Yummy I use to harvest 1 Bussel a day
1659908627113.png

Golden garden spider. A couple years ago one built a big web right across my picture window. Easy to watch, it stayed there for a while, one day we and spider gone. They catch some bugs!

Bubba
We have lots of Golden Orb spiders here too. Their webs are especially pretty on a dewy morning with the light behind them.
What I didn't eat for dinner was my breakfast. I hate Sweet Potatoes, brussle sprouts and a few other assorted veggies. Turnips and cale come to mind. I grew up on a farm in Kansas and at one time or another I have eaten just about everything that moves. Turtle, possum, squirrel, bear and snake were common down on the farm. Cow tongue, brains and pigs feet were moms favorites.......

Today I am a veggie and fruit alcoholic. Chicken and fish are my go to protein. Once in a while I will eat red meat and pork but only once in a while. Secret is Mrs Pute's cooking......she can make chicken s-hit taste like chicken salad......
Clean your plate!!!!

I'm just tuning back in y'all.
When you are on the farm you eat all kinds of things that would make a city boy puke. I don't like tripe either don't even mention cow balls to me.... Think about what we don't like.....the Chinese eat things that would make a billy goat puke. And honestly Asian people live longer and are some of the healthiest people in the world.

Me ex said try her calamari one time. Meh. This dude at work got me to try fried oyster. Nope. I'd try cow balls if I saw you eat one first lol.
donuts and pizza and lemonade breakfast lunch and supper
Dude... I'm down.

Calf fries taste like chicken. (if cooked rite) Also they are a great boost of testosterone. Good for the we man... We've been eating the wrong beef. Bull meat is way better for men who want to perform manly duties. Fighting, sex and moving mountains or that dammn heavy couch. She wants on the other side of the room.... Castrating all livestock makes the male member week and lazy. All they care about is eating. Hence the become fat and soft (tender) This IS the real reason the male population has become fat and lazy.

If you don't believe me. Find someone who sells bull, bore, ram, rooster or even buck rabbit. Then eat only their meat for a week. You will feel the difference. More energy, libido and just feel stronger.

Found this odd zuke in the garden. First time I've seen this. Don't know what they call what causes it. Thought it cool enough to take a pic before it died.

no pigment.jpg

I'm just tuning back in y'all.

Me ex said try her calamari one time. Meh. This dude at work got me to try fried oyster. Nope. I'd try cow balls if I saw you eat one first lol.

Dude... I'm down.
I love squid/calamari. Try it you might be surprised.

One of my favorites!

Gooode morning all! Another gorgeous day here starting at 69F @ 63% RH and predicted to reach 89F.

Today is Grayfox's 74th birthday and we will be trying out a new Japanese restaurant tonight to celebrate. I also got her a new flannel granny gown and helped Melissa and Miss Layla pick out suitable cards.

I just ordered some more motion activated security lights and some cameras for outside. The burglars are getting just too too close, after hitting the house across the street.

We have an elaborate alarm system and camera inside, but we seldom turn it on because usually either us or Miss Layla are home to provide greetings, as well as advice and encouragement.

One of my favorites!

Gooode morning all! Another gorgeous day here starting at 69F @ 63% RH and predicted to reach 89F.

Today is Grayfox's 74th birthday and we will be trying out a new Japanese restaurant tonight to celebrate. I also got her a new flannel granny gown and helped Melissa and Miss Layla pick out suitable cards.

I just ordered some more motion activated security lights and some cameras for outside. The burglars are getting just too too close, after hitting the house across the street.

We have an elaborate alarm system and camera inside, but we seldom turn it on because usually either us or Miss Layla are home to provide greetings, as well as advice and encouragement.
The happiest of Birthdays to Grayfox 💕 sounds like you planned a nice day for her 😊

Morning. Wish GF a happy B-Day for me.

@ GW I just installed another security camera as well. You can't get beat this house without me watching you.

Happy moan day..... Only got a tenth of an inch of rain....what a jip....many areas got over 2".....we sure needed the moisture. 90's the rest of the week.

Time to walk.

Got that right. And fried oysters, raw oysters, oysters in stuffing, oysters in a can... all wonderful.

I have gone diving by walking in the snow and into the water to go get oysters in Cheapskate Bay. The visibility was zerio. The way you figured out if the shell you pulled from the shell-littered sea floor was a whole one was to put it against your mask and move your head backward.

This would give you enough of a view to determine if it went into your burlap bag.

Fun Fact: (We have a movie of this) -- I thought the minimum size for "keepers" was six inches. It was three inches. So when I came dragging my burlap bag of rocks out of the seawater, there was a Fish Cop waiting for me.

He started looking inside my bag, and after five seconds he looked at me and asked: "Where did you find all these monsters?"

That's when I found out that since I was making damn' sure that I had legal-sized oysters, none of them were under seven inches, while the size limit was three. The Fish Cop dang near saluted me. Helped me carry the sack to the car. (I wuz beat -- ice water does that.) Somewhere I have a photo of an opened oyster where the MEAT was six inches long!

Of course I had a wetsuit on, but wetsuits are no different from T-shirts when you first go in... yer bod has to warm the icewater that fills up your suit.

Latest posts

Back