Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1659982034049.png

Howdy Misfits. Just about through for the day. Only have the back left to mow. Had to come in and get a towel to get the sweat out of my eyes. Humid after the cooler weather and a bit of rain yesterday.

Clouds just came over and that will help cool things down a bit. Back into the 90's the rest of the week. Will be glad when I feel the cool crisp morning of fall. Only problem is winter is next. Dark all the time.

Back to mowing.

The happiest of Birthdays to Grayfox 💕 sounds like you planned a nice day for her 😊
Grayfox says thank you my dear!
@ GW I just installed another security camera as well. You can't get beat this house without me watching you.
The kit that I ordered has 5 cameras, so I should have good outdoor coverage. I'm also adding three motion detector outdoor lights to augment the one over the garage.
It's the dry fingers that come with age...........................

Morning. Wish GF a happy B-Day for me.

@ GW I just installed another security camera as well. You can't get beat this house without me watching you.

Happy moan day..... Only got a tenth of an inch of rain....what a jip....many areas got over 2".....we sure needed the moisture. 90's the rest of the week.

Time to walk.
I have no cameras anywhere on my place. I have checked with the local cops, and they told me baiting was NOT illegal. I wonder if the notice I put out by my mailbox has caused a total lack of takers...
1659995647941.png

I have no cameras anywhere on my place. I have checked with the local cops, and they told me baiting was NOT illegal. I wonder if the notice I put out by my mailbox has caused a total lack of takers...
View attachment 305534
I wonder how long it would take for someone to steal that nice stage prop around here, if they could see it from the sidewalk?

The outside cameras I'm adding should be obvious, and the motion detecting lights fair warning, but anyone making it over my 6' outside fence and to the 8' gate leading to the rear courtyard will find a sign that says, "All hope abandon, ye who enter here." That impaled head might make a nice prop inside that gate to put things in perspective and a good conversation piece.

A mockup done that well would be pretty expensive. Maybe easier and cheaper to make my own from available materials and coat it with something to keep the smell down?? There might even be a market for that sort of thing as our miscreants get bolder and homeowners angrier.............................?? Especially if the head matched the face in one of their cameras.....................

Gooode morning brothers and sisters! Wishing everyone a lovely day!

61F @ 87% RH here, cloudy and 3 mph wind with a morning shower expected and predicted to reach 84F.

An empty calendar, but one hand still wrapped up, soooooo limiting my debauchery to mostly indoor sports. My incision is healing fine, with full range of finger motion, and the stitches come out the 17th.

I wonder how long it would take for someone to steal that nice stage prop around here, if they could see it from the sidewalk?

The outside cameras I'm adding should be obvious, and the motion detecting lights fair warning, but anyone making it over my 6' outside fence and to the 8' gate leading to the rear courtyard will find a sign that says, "All hope abandon, ye who enter here." That impaled head might make a nice prop inside that gate to put things in perspective and a good conversation piece.

A mockup done that well would be pretty expensive. Maybe easier and cheaper to make my own from available materials and coat it with something to keep the smell down?? There might even be a market for that sort of thing as our miscreants get bolder and homeowners angrier.............................?? Especially if the head matched the face in one of their cameras.....................

Gooode morning brothers and sisters! Wishing everyone a lovely day!

61F @ 87% RH here, cloudy and 3 mph wind with a morning shower expected and predicted to reach 84F.

An empty calendar, but one hand still wrapped up, soooooo limiting my debauchery to mostly indoor sports. My incision is healing fine, with full range of finger motion, and the stitches come out the 17th.

empty calendar !…….debauchery indeed!

E80F3FF5-FDCC-4942-BF70-1AAFD1BA9B1D.jpeg

8ECD6393-2A58-46F5-BF52-5F098815B682.jpeg

6F013CFF-D0C4-41A8-884E-84914453023E.jpeg

Of course I had a wetsuit on, but wetsuits are no different from T-shirts when you first go in... yer bod has to warm the icewater that fills up your suit.
The divers around here that do winter recoveries in the big lakes always take a thermos of the hottest water they can stand to dump in their suits before a dive.

A loverly new morning brothers and sisters, starting at 62F & 81% RH, 4 mph breeze, and predicted to reach 79F.

Another neighbor burglarized and they stole their new Jeep on the way out.

My cameras and motion lights arrived, so I will be installing them today. Five cameras for the outside, as well as three more motion activated lights. Sadly, mantraps are illegal, or I would add a few, maybe starting with a 15,000-volt gas tube transformer to elevate their heart rate.

Dinner out at Clydes Prime Rib with Grayfox and I scattered half a dozen birthday cards around the house from me or the critters for her to find. That and all the well wishes she received from friends kept a smile on her face all day. We will be extending the celebration today to include creme brulee with candied orange peel.

Latest posts

Back