Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never saw the 64 run without oil, but my girlfriend drove my 74 Slant Six B-100 home with the oil light on, the temperature pegged and the rods clanging form a punctured oil filter, after which it still ran quietly and functioned normally once refilled with oil.
they were tough

I am no motor head at all my first car was a high preforming 66 ford falcon 6 cyl 3 on the tree.
that ***** blew away any kid on any hopped up bicycle in town !

Hee, hee, hee, a matter of perspective. Think how badly you would have felt if they had blown you away....................

Back in the day when my father wouldn't let me buy a motor scooter, I scrounged the parts and built my own scooter. Good transportation but I was always dismayed that my friends on their Cushman Eagles, with their two speed gear boxes and extra three horsepower, could walk off and leave me.

Moving on to my early 20's, my 58 Fairlane 352 Special Interceptor convertible was broker that I could afford to fix at the time, so I purchased a Honda 50 basket case for $15 and got it running for transportation to work. I ended up riding it from OKC to the town I grew up in about 70 miles south and found it exhilarating to finally outrun the local Cushman Eagles.

1661780910140.jpeg

My Bro's we decide it was time to put our dearly love Brownie to sleep, she has been fighting cancer. And now it time for her to be at peace. She will be with us in our dog cemetery with her brothers and sisters. Love is not forgotten.🥰

It can make a pretty lady adorable, though. Herself was driving home from work, and while thinking of something else (or not thinking), she turned left (south) onto the highway.

When she approached the Keys... YIKES! Yes, the Floriduh Keys, she realized she had driven thirty miles the wrong way on what started as a fifteen miles-to-home destination (north). This was from where she had worked for two years.

And she managed it without weed. Amazing.
I was heading north out of New Mexico, following the river through the high plains painted desert, which was absolutely beautiful. When you started seeing points on the tops of the piled up pancakes, you knew you were getting close to Colorado. Got half an hour into CO and pulled off to burn a joint and a few cigarettes. Marveled at the scenery along the two lane road and figured I'd jam for another hour or so and find a place to eat. Smacked the Harley on the fanny and jammed. Half an hour later, I see a "Welcome to New Mexico" sign. Shit!
When ya gits older, "flat" becomes a very nice word.
It kinda gives me agoraphobia. I need a treeline to hide in and hills to put between me and society.

My Bro's we decide it was time to put our dearly love Brownie to sleep, she has been fighting cancer. And now it time for her to be at peace. She will be with us in our dog cemetery with her brothers and sisters. Love is not forgotten.🥰
my condolences ,a very sad time .You make it thru remembering the love shown and the love you have for your pup . so sorry....

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Sad times.................. Sending good thoughts!

Latest posts

Back