Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fk off...ha ha
OK Pute this part may hurt
1664308131533.png

I'm still slogging around battening down the hatches and tying down lawn chairs and the such...been cooking all day in preparation for the storm...eating well in times of distress is excellent comfort, that and having a whole house generator and 250 gallons of fuel...also, having over a pound of gorilla breath bagged up helps...

I'm still slogging around battening down the hatches and tying down lawn chairs and the such...been cooking all day in preparation for the storm...eating well in times of distress is excellent comfort, that and having a whole house generator and 250 gallons of fuel...also, having over a pound of gorilla breath bagged up helps...
Sounds like a party! Yer gonna be alright, butcha already knew that. 'Tain't yer first one, and ain't gonna be yer last.

with 120 mph winds predicted I'll gladly hang out in my fortress...gonna sit myself down after chores and roll me a bunch of hooters...I'm really not bothered by the storm, been thru 52 years of them down here, it's the cleanup that is a pain...20" of rain is gonna make living out here suck big ones due to the saturation of the ground...I'm fortunate to have a superduty that sits tall, traversing 20" of water childs play...heading out to grill 6 pounds of chicken thighs...;)

with 120 mph winds predicted I'll gladly hang out in my fortress...gonna sit myself down after chores and roll me a bunch of hooters...I'm really not bothered by the storm, been thru 52 years of them down here, it's the cleanup that is a pain...20" of rain is gonna make living out here suck big ones due to the saturation of the ground...I'm fortunate to have a superduty that sits tall, traversing 20" of water childs play...heading out to grill 6 pounds of chicken thighs...;)
Do some youtube videos out one of the gunports

When I lived on Fort Myers Beach back in the 70's we had a good Cane sweep through. I remember bits and pieces only now.

Visit to the hand surgeon went as expected....I'm fked. Gonna have to put off cataract surgery I had already planned for now.

Decided to go with a non surgical procedure on my hand. The surgeon looked at my hand and I decided the rehab time wouldn't work with a perpetual grow I have going on. So, I will get a series of injections in my hand to help rectify the problem.

Came home and feeling no pain now.

hang in there Pute , at least you still have one good hand to take care of business , if you catch my drift

good morning all you Cool Cats , breakfast and lunch at the Senior Center this morning , biscuits and gravy and then some meatloaf for lunch

finishing the painting , touch up all the mistakes , then it is post hole diggers time , I am setting up about 50’ feet of split rail fence for Swede

some very hard digging too…I need to soak each hole with water before digging

finished setting the landscape blocks the other day , went pretty fast

off to the Salt Mines!

F8C4E459-EEAF-4FB3-9E4B-12384E2F0991.jpeg

7402C471-4890-40A9-BB65-87FCDE6743EE.jpeg

loves me my chicken thighs...

hang in there Pute , at least you still have one good hand to take care of business , if you catch my drift

good morning all you Cool Cats , breakfast and lunch at the Senior Center this morning , biscuits and gravy and then some meatloaf for lunch

finishing the painting , touch up all the mistakes , then it is post hole diggers time , I am setting up about 50’ feet of split rail fence for Swede

some very hard digging too…I need to soak each hole with water before digging

finished setting the landscape blocks the other day , went pretty fast

off to the Salt Mines!

View attachment 309755
View attachment 309753
Do you ever take a day off or a break

Jalapeño lemonade?!……first time I ever heard of it…..how is it made?…..Swede made about 10 pints of jalapeño jelly the other day but that’s about it

i am thinking of hiring this personal trainer for a month to help whip me back in shape , my 90 day plan to better health…..I have my doubts , I think once a human hits a certain age there is no turning back the clock , maybe it is nothing but a pipe dream but I think I will give it a try anyway

dont faint but I need to stop eating some much pie and cake and donuts…god help me
Easy Jalapeno lemonade recipe

1.0 The syrup:

• (2) cups water
  • (1) cup sugar
  • (2) Jalapeno, deseeded and de-ribbed (or to taste.)
Blend together in Vitamix or stir together and bring up to boil. Simmer 10 minutes. Filter and allow to cool to room temperature. Mix with lemonade.

2.0 The Lemonade:

2.1 (1 ½) cups of fresh squeezed lemons

2.2 (4) cups water

2.3 (3/4 tsp) Fine grained sea salt
Walk done. Down in the grow...... nothing to be done today....

Appointment with a Hand Surgeon this afternoon. I dread this...but my hand is turning into a claw. I gotta try and time the surgery so no harvest, trimming or dirt work needs doing for about 3 weeks. Gotta give my hand time to heal. Mrs Pute will have to help with feeding and water.

Thinking there will be a window as soon a I harvest the next round finishes and is dried and trimmed. That window shuold come just before Thanksgiving....

S-hit...old age sucks!!!!!
Commiseration and good luck with your surgery brother!

Merry Weedsday brothers and sister women! All hail Lord Cannabis!!

Starting out gaugus again today at 60F and 87% RH with 3 mph breeze and turning to afternoon showers at 78F.

Heavy on the Auto Cad yesterday and I completed three green field conceptual strawman designs, which I shared with the two groups building systems.

Hee, hee, hee, snicker, snark, snort! I picked up some fresh corn meal and will be whomping up some fried green tomatoes today. Thanks to a comment by brother Shovelhandle, I did some research on ripening green tomatoes and will be socking some away in the basement to give it a try as well.

Cleaning day, so Miss Layla and I will be heading for the Fernhill dawg park to frolic with the denizens there this morning, and then it's off to the gym.

LLE Conceptual 5.jpg

Easy Jalapeno lemonade recipe

1.0 The syrup:

• (2) cups water
  • (1) cup sugar
  • (2) Jalapeno, deseeded and de-ribbed (or to taste.)
Blend together in Vitamix or stir together and bring up to boil. Simmer 10 minutes. Filter and allow to cool to room temperature. Mix with lemonade.

2.0 The Lemonade:

2.1 (1 ½) cups of fresh squeezed lemons

2.2 (4) cups water

2.3 (3/4 tsp) Fine grained sea salt

Commiseration and good luck with your surgery brother!

Merry Weedsday brothers and sister women! All hail Lord Cannabis!!

Starting out gaugus again today at 60F and 87% RH with 3 mph breeze and turning to afternoon showers at 78F.

Heavy on the Auto Cad yesterday and I completed three green field conceptual strawman designs, which I shared with the two groups building systems.

Hee, hee, hee, snicker, snark, snort! I picked up some fresh corn meal and will be whomping up some fried green tomatoes today. Thanks to a comment by brother Shovelhandle, I did some research on ripening green tomatoes and will be socking some away in the basement to give it a try as well.

Cleaning day, so Miss Layla and I will be heading for the Fernhill dawg park to frolic with the denizens there this morning, and then it's off to the gym.

View attachment 309762
Ever make any pain balms using the Jalapenos ?

Latest posts

Back