Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For my friend Joe
1664734533419.png

Yard mowed, dumped two 20L Avian cans in the plow Jeep, (the wife) found the garage door remote, and the world's lovely. I'm hoping the gas prices go down a bit so I can top the Jeep off and fill the two empty cans and maybe one of the plastic 5 gallon ones for the Deere. Gonna have a mess of future compost as soon as the maples drop their leaves.

Got 3/4 of a tank in the red Jeep which should last me 'til spring, and the van's got a little over a quarter tank, which should take me clean up to Christmas. I'm thinkin' gas'll be up to five bucks a gallon by then.

Moanday, moanday, and things are going to be alright............ Yet another gorgeous sunshiny day starting at 57F with 94% RH, and 3 mph breeze, predicted to reach 80F.

Got my Asian grocery shopping done and was appalled at the price increases. Daikon was 65% higher in price..............

I put up a gallon and a quart of pickled garlic yesterday and will do the Daikon today, as well as whomp up another batch of Jalapeno lemonade and restock the creme brule.

A couple more tomatoes almost ripe and dozens of green ones. I'm thinking of whomping up some more green tomato salsa to thin them out, since most won't have enough time to ripen.

A dental appointment this morning to refit my upper plate now that my gums have healed and have assumed their final configuration. It will be nice to be able to do a full smile without my dentures dropping and way less scary for the kids.

I also posted the Medusa update. Copies of the Cad drawings attached and here is the operating procedure:

Medusa LPG LLE Conceptual #5 Details

• Equipment by number from Medusa LPG LLE Conceptual #5:
  • High pressure Nitrogen cylinder
  • LPG Crude tank
  • LLE Reactor vessel
  • Vapor/LPG/water separator
  • Vaccon HVP Series 300 venturi vacuum pump or equivalent NEMA 7 Class 1 D 1 pump.
  • Epoxy lined 316SS Distilled/RO water tank
  • PH Probe Digital Analysis Corporation #192V757SD-020BB or Rosemount.
  • Reagent metering pump by LMI or Rosemount
  • RO Filtration system
  • Gas coalescing filter
  • 13X Mol Sieve column
  • 5X Mol Sieve column
  • Mixed 3A and 4A Mol Sieve columns
  • LPG/Water agitation pump
  • Sight Glass
  • LPG/Water transfer pump
  • Tank sight glass
  • High level sensor
  • One batch transferred sensor
  • Low level sensor
  • 3-Way water tank pressurize and vent valve
  • High level tank shut off
  • Vacuum pump isolation valve
  • Vac/Pressurize line isolation valve
  • Nitrogen isolation valve
  • Pressure regulator
  • Nitrogen tank valve
  • Pressure regulator
  • LPG Tank pressurizing valve
  • LPG Tank supply valve
  • Vacuum pump air inlet valve
  • Water tank pressurization valve
  • Reactor vessel Inductor isolation valve
  • Reactor vessel pressurization valve
  • NC Emergency shutoff solenoid valve.
  • Reactor vessel water fill valve
  • Reactor vessel Inductor isolation valve 2
  • 3-Way transfer valve
  • Gas/LPG/water separator pressurization valve
  • Coalesing filter isolation valve
  • 13X Column isolation valve
  • 5A Column isolation valve
  • 3A/4A Column isolation valve
  • Reactor vessel pump isolation valve
  • Reactor vessel drain valve
  • 3-Way Gas/LPG/Water separator drain and pump inlet valve.
  • 13X Column discharge valve
  • 5A Column discharge valve
  • 3A/4A Column discharge valve
  • Gas/LPG/Water separator LPG discharge valve when pressurized.
  • PH adjustment reagent
  • Mixing Inducer
  • Compound pressure gauge
  • Reactor tank sight window.

2.0 Procedure:

2.1 Startup and fill:

2.1.1 Turn on RO Filtration system and fill RO Water Tank, adjusting the PH using PH Probe 7 and Reagent Pump 8.

2.1.1.1 When filled to mid-level in the upper sight glass, shut off RO Filtration system.

2.1.1.2 High Level Sensor 18 will also deenergize Normally Closed Solenoid Valve 22 to close it.

2.1.2 Verify that Valves 23, 24, 34, 40, 41, 42, 43, 47, 48 are opened and 3-Way Valves 38 and 46 are positioned to circulate through the pump.

2.1.3 Open Valve 31 and pump system down until Compound Pressure Gauge 53 on the Reactor Vessel reads -29.5” Hg vacuum.

2.1.4 Close Valve 34 and open Valve 39 to vacuum down Gas/LPG/Water Separator # 4.

2.1.5 Allow system to rest 5 minutes and observe pressure gauge for vacuum decay. Remediate any leaks.

2.1.6 Close Valves 24, 33, 34, 39.

2.1.7 Turn water tank vent Valve 21 to vent.

2.1.8 Open water tank drain valve 36 and fill the Reactor Vessel with water, until the level in the tank reaches the second sight glass and middle level sensor.

Note that if the water tank runs dry, there is danger that the system could ingest atmosphere, so do not operate with a water level below the lower sight glass or low-level sensor.

The low-level sensor will also deenergize (close) Normally Closed Emergency shutoff solenoid Valve 35.

2.1.9 Open Valve 30 and fill Reactor Vessel with LPG, until it reaches Sight Window 55, then close Valve 30.

2.1.10 Verify that Valves 33, 37, and 44 are open and that Valve 39 is in circulate position.

2.1.11 Start pump 14 and circulate tank contents for “N” Minutes.

2.1.12 While the Reactor Vessel is circulating, check Compound Pressure Gauge 54 to verify that -29.5 Hg vacuum level has been reached.

2.1.12.1 When reached, close Gas/LPG/water separator pressurization ` Valve 39.

• 2.1.12.2 Then close Vacuum pump isolation Valve 23 and then Vacuum Pump air inlet Valve 31.

• 2.1.12.3 Hold under vacuum for 5 minutes to check for vacuum decay on Compound Pressure gauge 54.
2.1.13 At the end of the circulation cycle, and when Step 2.1.11.3 is complete, close Valve 2.

2.1.13.1 Turn 3-Way Valve 38 to transfer position and pump the contents of the Reactor Vessel into the Gas/LPG/Water Separator.

2.1.14 When the transfer is complete, turn off Pump 14, and turn 3-Way Transfer Valve 38 back to circulate position.

• Allow the contents to settle and separate for “N” Minutes.

• 2.1.15.1 Once the contents has separated, verify that 3-Way Gas/LPG/Water Separator drain and pump inlet Valve 46 is in pump position and then open 3A/4A Column discharge valve.

• 2.1.16 Turn 3-Way Valve 46 to drain position and bleed off the water for subsequent waste treatment until only LPG liquid appears in Sight Glass 15,

• Turn 3-Way Valve 46 to pump position and start LPG/Water transfer pump Number 16 to transfer LPG from the Gas/LPG/Water Separator through the mol sieve columns and to process or storage.
3.0 Nitrogen pressurization and backfill.

3.1 Various parts of the system can be pressurized using the Nitrogen tank 1 to facilitate transfer, to backfill with inert gas, and to purge the system of liquid before opening.

• To pressurize the system, open Nitrogen tank Valves 24, 25, and 27.

• To pressurize Water Tank 6, open Water Tank Pressurization Valve 32.

• To pressurize the Reactor Vessel, open Reactor Vessel Pressurization Valve 34.

• To Pressurize the Gas/LPG/Water Separator, open Gas/LPG/Water Separator Pressurization Valve 39.

Attachments

• Medusa LPG LLE Conceptual 5 Annotated-Model.jpg
    Medusa LPG LLE Conceptual 5 Annotated-Model.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Medusa mol sieve column.jpg
    Medusa mol sieve column.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 0
Gooode morning brothers and sisters! Let's start this morning on an upbeat note by hugging the person next to you!

A cloudy day starting at 57F and 93% RH, with 2 mph breeze and predicted to reach 72F.

More quality time puttering in the kitchen and working on Medusa project yesterday and more of the same today.

Morning folks. Back to cleaning today. Going thru everything to get ready for the God damn garage sale.
Least when this is done I'll have clean storage rooms,not to mention closets and everything thing else.
Good thing is the area I'm room I'm putting the big pantry in is also going to have a 3x7 grow room.😁
Plus our granddaughters bedroom is now going to be my bedroom/Man Cave. My brother in law gave me a brand new adjustable bed.So now I don't have to sleep in a recliner anymore. I've slept in a recliner for 10 yrs because of my fked up esophagus. We aren't raising our grandchildren anymore,,so that room was just setting there.
And no me and the Wife don't sleep in the same bed. She snores and I fart to much,🤪 plus I can't lay flat and sleep good. We get together when we need to,,which isn't all that often anyway. She would rather play her games and I would rather watch westerns.😁
Gonna have to get me another big screen tv 😎

I also posted the Medusa update. Copies of the Cad drawings attached and here is the operating procedure:

Medusa LPG LLE Conceptual #5 Details

• Equipment by number from Medusa LPG LLE Conceptual #5:
  • High pressure Nitrogen cylinder
  • LPG Crude tank
  • LLE Reactor vessel
  • Vapor/LPG/water separator
  • Vaccon HVP Series 300 venturi vacuum pump or equivalent NEMA 7 Class 1 D 1 pump.
  • Epoxy lined 316SS Distilled/RO water tank
  • PH Probe Digital Analysis Corporation #192V757SD-020BB or Rosemount.
  • Reagent metering pump by LMI or Rosemount
  • RO Filtration system
  • Gas coalescing filter
  • 13X Mol Sieve column
  • 5X Mol Sieve column
  • Mixed 3A and 4A Mol Sieve columns
  • LPG/Water agitation pump
  • Sight Glass
  • LPG/Water transfer pump
  • Tank sight glass
  • High level sensor
  • One batch transferred sensor
  • Low level sensor
  • 3-Way water tank pressurize and vent valve
  • High level tank shut off
  • Vacuum pump isolation valve
  • Vac/Pressurize line isolation valve
  • Nitrogen isolation valve
  • Pressure regulator
  • Nitrogen tank valve
  • Pressure regulator
  • LPG Tank pressurizing valve
  • LPG Tank supply valve
  • Vacuum pump air inlet valve
  • Water tank pressurization valve
  • Reactor vessel Inductor isolation valve
  • Reactor vessel pressurization valve
  • NC Emergency shutoff solenoid valve.
  • Reactor vessel water fill valve
  • Reactor vessel Inductor isolation valve 2
  • 3-Way transfer valve
  • Gas/LPG/water separator pressurization valve
  • Coalesing filter isolation valve
  • 13X Column isolation valve
  • 5A Column isolation valve
  • 3A/4A Column isolation valve
  • Reactor vessel pump isolation valve
  • Reactor vessel drain valve
  • 3-Way Gas/LPG/Water separator drain and pump inlet valve.
  • 13X Column discharge valve
  • 5A Column discharge valve
  • 3A/4A Column discharge valve
  • Gas/LPG/Water separator LPG discharge valve when pressurized.
  • PH adjustment reagent
  • Mixing Inducer
  • Reactor tank sight window.

2.0 Procedure:

2.1 Startup and fill:

2.1.1 Turn on RO Filtration system and fill RO Water Tank, adjusting the PH using PH Probe 7 and Reagent Pump 8.

2.1.1.1 When filled to mid-level in the upper sight glass, shut off RO Filtration system.

2.1.1.2 High Level Sensor 18 will also deenergize Normally Closed Solenoid Valve 22 to close it.

2.1.2 Verify that Valves 23, 24, 34, 40, 41, 42, 43, 47, 48 are opened and 3-Way Valves 38 and 46 are positioned to circulate through the pump.

2.1.3 Open Valve 31 and pump system down until Compound Pressure Gauge 53 on the Reactor Vessel reads -29.5” Hg vacuum.

2.1.4 Close Valve 34 and open Valve 39 to vacuum down Gas/LPG/Water Separator # 4.

2.1.5 Allow system to rest 5 minutes and observe pressure gauge for vacuum decay. Remediate any leaks.

2.1.6 Close Valves 24, 33, 34, 39.

2.1.7 Turn water tank vent Valve 21 to vent.

2.1.8 Open water tank drain valve 36 and fill the Reactor Vessel with water, until the level in the tank reaches the second sight glass and middle level sensor.

Note that if the water tank runs dry, there is danger that the system could ingest atmosphere, so do not operate with a water level below the lower sight glass or low-level sensor.

The low-level sensor will also deenergize (close) Normally Closed Emergency shutoff solenoid Valve 35.

2.1.9 Open Valve 30 and fill Reactor Vessel with LPG, until it reaches Sight Window 55, then close Valve 30.

2.1.10 Verify that Valves 33, 37, and 44 are open and that Valve 39 is in circulate position.

2.1.11 Start pump 14 and circulate tank contents for “N” Minutes.

2.1.12 While the Reactor Vessel is circulating, check Compound Pressure Gauge 54 to verify that -29.5 Hg vacuum level has been reached.

2.1.12.1 When reached, close Gas/LPG/water separator pressurization ` Valve 39.

• 2.1.12.2 Then close Vacuum pump isolation Valve 23 and then Vacuum Pump air inlet Valve 31.

• 2.1.12.3 Hold under vacuum for 5 minutes to check for vacuum decay on Compound Pressure gauge 54.
2.1.13 At the end of the circulation cycle, and when Step 2.1.11.3 is complete, close Valve 2.

2.1.13.1 Turn 3-Way Valve 38 to transfer position and pump the contents of the Reactor Vessel into the Gas/LPG/Water Separator.

2.1.14 When the transfer is complete, turn off Pump 14, and turn 3-Way Transfer Valve 38 back to circulate position.

• Allow the contents to settle and separate for “N” Minutes.

• 2.1.15.1 Once the contents has separated, verify that 3-Way Gas/LPG/Water Separator drain and pump inlet Valve 46 is in pump position and then open 3A/4A Column discharge valve.

• 2.1.16 Turn 3-Way Valve 46 to drain position and bleed off the water for subsequent waste treatment until only LPG liquid appears in Sight Glass 15,

• Turn 3-Way Valve 46 to pump position and start LPG/Water transfer pump Number 16 to transfer LPG from the Gas/LPG/Water Separator through the mol sieve columns and to process or storage.
3.0 Nitrogen pressurization and backfill.

3.1 Various parts of the system can be pressurized using the Nitrogen tank 1 to facilitate transfer, to backfill with inert gas, and to purge the system of liquid before opening.

• To pressurize the system, open Nitrogen tank Valves 24, 25, and 27.

• To pressurize Water Tank 6, open Water Tank Pressurization Valve 32.

• To pressurize the Reactor Vessel, open Reactor Vessel Pressurization Valve 34.

• To Pressurize the Gas/LPG/Water Separator, open Gas/LPG/Water Separator Pressurization Valve 39.
Wow, that’s a lot to take in first thing in the morning GW. Hope your day is good 😊

Latest posts

Back