Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Thrills! Spills! Wall of Death! Shake hands with the devil!

B76A34D8-A5CE-4467-BE4C-E03CAA4F4789.jpeg

Gooode morning all! More rain starting at 40F and 89% RH, with 4 mph breeze and predicted to reach 43F.

Alas, my 9 1/2 foot tomato plant has started to wilt, so will be taking her out, along with my last Jalapeno. Interesting to watch the Jalapeno chemically battle with the adjacent Quince plant. Every place they touch, the leaves die and shrivel on both plants.

Gooode morning all! More rain starting at 40F and 89% RH, with 4 mph breeze and predicted to reach 43F.

Alas, my 9 1/2 foot tomato plant has started to wilt, so will be taking her out, along with my last Jalapeno. Interesting to watch the Jalapeno chemically battle with the adjacent Quince plant. Every place they touch, the leaves die and shrivel on both plants.

dam , its difficult to believe your garden is still kicking and we have snow

79657F0B-261C-4958-9809-2668A902C587.jpeg

dam , its difficult to believe your garden is still kicking and we have snow

View attachment 314103
We have snow in the mountains, but just recently had our first freeze here in the valley. I let the tomato plant go after stripping all the tomatoes, just to see where it would end up. It continued to blossom and produce tomatoes. It has about half a dozen small green ones as we speak.

We have snow in the mountains, but just recently had our first freeze here in the valley. I let the tomato plant go after stripping all the tomatoes, just to see where it would end up. It continued to blossom and produce tomatoes. It has about half a dozen small green ones as we speak.

that strain of indeterminate mater sounds like a keeper

is it a cherry tomato?

that strain of indeterminate mater sounds like a keeper

is it a cherry tomato?
It was a Morton's Hybrid and I've never seen anything like it. It took over my garden sideways as well and I named her Audrey, from the Little Shop of Horrors. She engulfed the beefsteak tomato plants next to her and I removed them before they died from lack of sunlight

It was prolific and produced regular size tomatoes that were delicious.

I fed it Alaska fish fertilizer and grew it in composted topsoil.

Watching the news, I see we are predicted to have a scattering of snow here, later this week.

Latest posts

Back