Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning Islanders. I'm just laying here for a few. I have a Pre-Con in Tulsa Oklahoma at 1pm so I gotta head out about 7am where I can be there a little early. Fking traffic in Dallas is a ***** to get thru heading to Oklahoma.🤪
It's almost a 5hr drive to get there so it's going to be along day getting there and back home.
Put new tires on my Avalanche yesterday.
My fking god the price has went up on tires.
My truck is a 2500 so it takes the big tires. They hold 80lbs of pressure. Almost $1200.00😱
Fking prick in office is killing me. Good thing I get a Truck allowance that helps with that shit.😡
My foot is a little heavy so that fking 496 uses a little gas with me behind the wheel. Good thing the company pays my fuel.😁

Gooode morning brothers and sisters! More rain here, starting at 35F and 91% RH, with 3 mph breeze and predicted to reach 49F.

I removed the last pepper and tomato plants from my raised garden and dug out the bamboo that snuck in underneath from the neighbor's yard. I pulled about six feet of rhizome, but there is still some left on the other side of the fence that the neighbor will have to remove. Wish I knew where the neighbor who planted it moved to, so I could covertly gift him with cuttings a half dozen or so places in his new yard.
same here ,I wish i could find the chooch who planted bamboo next door
I would dump 5 yards of pea gravel in his cesspool

Morning Islanders. I'm just laying here for a few. I have a Pre-Con in Tulsa Oklahoma at 1pm so I gotta head out about 7am where I can be there a little early. Fking traffic in Dallas is a ***** to get thru heading to Oklahoma.🤪
It's almost a 5hr drive to get there so it's going to be along day getting there and back home.
My truck is a 2500 so it takes the big tires. They hold 80lbs of pressure. Almost $1200.00😱
Fking prick in office is killing me. Good thing I get a Truck allowance that helps with that shit.😡
My foot is a little heavy so that fking 496 uses a little gas with me behind the wheel. Good thing the company pays my fuel.😁
they've be screwed if they bought me lunch everyday

Good morning and be careful on the road hopper

Good morning Graham, I don’t get up early anymore. I see absolutely no sense in wasting a really good morning in bed. I might have to hustle to catch up for the few hours that I sleep in but I don’t know how you do it brother

A couple of sacks of Quikrete would work better.
(*snork*) Yer Unca Walt and Boo both have lotsa bamboo. The trick is not to have bamboo on a gated community lot. My neighbor in back liked it so much, he went and got a slightly different kind for his own place. 🧛‍♂️

PS: They are good for keeping standing water away.

Gotta pass this on: Scooter flew in from Oregon for Thanksgiving, and yesterday, he had a friend come in to install the electrical hardware necessary for me to have a switching system to run a generator for household use in a power outage.

The fargin hardware cost a bunch, I could see. Scooter picked up that tab. 40 feet of heavy cable, permanent 220V box installed, yada. The guy (Wade) ran into trouble, and called his friend (Steve) who was a Licensed Electrumability Guy. Steve and Wade worked for three hours, even getting my generator started{!!!}

Got the whole thing rigged up, tested, and even a written procedure for my Beautiful Scottish Witch to use, if necessary.

All I could do was supply lunch, and a copy of one of my novels (with thankful inscriptions).

Then The Red Witch suggested I ask the pair if they would like to try a crossbow. Turns out Wade is a compound bow shooter, and he was all a-twitter to try the crossbow.

They had a blast. The day ended with me exhausted, but happy. And now I even have a list (they tested each combo!!!) of what can be on at the same time. I can have A/C, water pump, and all house lights, TV on... or A/C, lights, and ONE stove burner, etc.

What a day. What wonderful people there are in this world.

I actually like bamboo, just not where I haven't planted it on purpose. It grew between my retaining wall and the neighbors cinder block wall, pushing the retaining wall to one side and allowing the support under the block wall to sink, which resulted in a top to bottom crack in the wall.

Wishing everyone a lovely Weedsday! Heavy rain today starting at 45F and 88% RH, with 21 mph winds and gusts to 40mph, predicted to reach 48F.

Gym this morning and I am putting on some kelp to soak for a big pot of Miso soup.

I actually like bamboo, just not where I haven't planted it on purpose. It grew between my retaining wall and the neighbors cinder block wall, pushing the retaining wall to one side and allowing the support under the block wall to sink and resulted in a top to bottom crack in the wall.
Oh, yowza. Bamboo likes to grow inna jungle, not by a retaining wall. Jeez. You need Agent Orange pellets.

An instantly iconic photo taken by Orion as it flew far beyond the moon:

1669810297855.png

A couple of sacks of Quikrete would work better.
I understand your reasoning. Respectfully said ,it is my reasoning to put pea gravel is it should still drain for a while then clog. At that point you get pumped ( they dont pump as much as they say because they pay to get rid of water) .They aerate and you have drainage after shelling out $700.That works till it dont work and you get pumped and aerated maybe 2more times . Cememt would be found quick and i always enjoy giving a long term focking when needed

Latest posts

Back