Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
time for some coffee and carrot cake and some dabs

AB8B7932-3019-40F3-8880-2D214B4A39B4.jpeg

GW is an expert in the area of glossolalia , him and Unca Walt , Walt having a real bad case of it
Dost thou accuseth Himself of verbal acrasia, thou peditomite?

I cannot but admit to being a concinnous polyhistor, but amongst the gangrels I must be a careful funambulist, forever balancing between the Scylla and Charybdis monsters of being deliciate or desticate.

Last edited:
They are dangerous, as a lot of GI's found out. They are .45 caliber, but the US .45 cartridge is loaded WAY heavier than the Webley .45 cartridge and it fits right in.

Shoot the wrong ammo, and you might have the Webley split open. Lotsa GI's did this.
An old neighbor had a vintage WWII Webley in 38/200 rather than .455 Webley. Crude, but effective. Outside of the grips, it survived a house fire and was found in the ashes. He planned on shooting it until I said I'd rather pull the pin on a grenade and hold it. Probably safer.

An old neighbor had a vintage WWII Webley in 38/200 rather than .455 Webley. Crude, but effective. Outside of the grips, it survived a house fire and was found in the ashes. He planned on shooting it until I said I'd rather pull the pin on a grenade and hold it. Probably safer.
I wonder if he took it apart and re-hardened the steel if it would be a safe gun again

Yeah, it only means something to someone who gives a shit about that sort of thing.

As I recall, they were case hardened mild steel vis a vis 4140. I wouldn't shoot it either.
I was thinking along those lines after I posted
I ready guys use to make fun of them guns LOL

GW is an expert in the area of glossolalia , him and Unca Walt , Walt having a real bad case of it
I would have defined it as technobabble versus fabricated and nonmeaningful speech.

Good point about posting information that no one is really interested in or about.

I was thinking along those lines after I posted
I ready guys use to make fun of them guns LOL
The Webley was a keen thing in the 1800s, originally built for black powder and putting out a 45 slug at about 650 fps. Lots of dead things been shot with them.

PS: Consider that the 455 Webley was a contemporary of the Springfield 45-70 trapdoor.

Last edited:
I want the one on the right ....
Keep yer greasy hands off my woman, Joe.
I wonder if he took it apart and re-hardened the steel if it would be a safe gun again
At the time, you could buy 'em for fifty bucks in good surplus shape. Not worth the effort. You could tell that this one was war production. Really rough looking.

Dost thou accuseth Himself of verbal acrasia, thou peditomite?

I cannot but admit to being a concinnous polyhistor, but amongst the gangrels I must be a careful funambulist, forever balancing between the Scylla and Charybdis monsters of being deliciate or desticate.

And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God.

Latest posts

Back