Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m sure I’ve seen a reel like this one it was in a round box with about 10 sections to the rod. I’m gonna get one next time I see one. We have lakes all around us I’ve been paddle boarding on them 5 minutes away. I’ll bet something would bite in the lake and if now would at least give me some casting practice
We mostly fly fish for Rainbows and Brookies here, but one of the best times I've had with a flyrod was using an innertube with a saddle and flyfishing for bass towards the bank in ponds and lakes in Oklahoma. A medium size Bass hits and plays hard on ultralight gear like a flyrod.

The most fun was a 26" Steel Head on an 8" Roddy shorty flyrod, standing on a rock in the DeChutes River. It took over an hour to land her. I've caught bigger fish offshore, but always on heavy tackle taking away much of the sport.

We mostly fly fish for Rainbows and Brookies here, but one of the best times I've had with a flyrod was using an innertube with a saddle and flyfishing for bass towards the bank in ponds and lakes in Oklahoma. A medium size Bass hits and plays hard on ultralight gear like a flyrod.

The most fun was a 26" Steel Head on an 8" Roddy shorty flyrod, standing on a rock in the DeChutes River. It took over an hour to land her. I've caught bigger fish offshore, but always on heavy tackle taking away much of the sport.
We have bass in our lake. Other fish too. So theres a chance I might get a hit. I fished in Oklahoma every year in the summer visiting my grandfather. I can remember catching round fish maybe sunfish and I remember catching long a long skinny that looked like it was swimming hacksaw blade. Those were some sweet memories with my grandfather. I can feel his soft crew cut white hair now. they were poor and on welfare but still use to give me silver dollars which I still have.

Wow those were great. I’m gonna have to try it for sure. It looks like my speed.

that is what hooked me…the simplicity

and i already knew how to fish with a cane pole so i caught right on

that video was by Tenkara Addict and he has a new video once a week

i fish vicariously through Tenkara Addict

I used corkers on the river .Thats what we called them .
Like a sandal tied to your waders that have little studs on the soles like studded tires.
So you didnt slip on the rocks covered in moss
My azz, cold here...Sims Gortex chest waders... pair of polyphenol long johns and a cotton shell.

Lots of Bluegill, Brim, Perch, Crappie, in addition to Bass where I grew up in Oklahoma. We also had Carp, Buffalo, Drum, and Gar for rough fish, in addition to various Catfish like Channel Cat, Flatheads, Bullheads and Bluecats.

that about covers it

i will add stripers and sand bass and the hybrid wipers

i used to fish for stripers below Keystone dam outside of tulsa and the daily limit was 5 fish

it was easy to catch 5 ten to twenty pound stripers and fill the freezer up for a few weeks

i used qa 14’ foot fiberglass surf rod and an big Mitchell Garcia surf reel with 20 lb test line

Latest posts

Back