Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess if you consider those freezer veggies you cook in the bag in the microwave sous vide, I may use that method. I do air fry a lot in my mini countertop oven that has a air fry setting and a 12 x12 rack and I’m an old school pressure cooker girl. I don’t have one of those fancy push the button kind but do use my old pot with the jiggle weight on the top quite often. My friends are afraid when I break it
My pressure cooker is old school, also. My mom had it mastered. It still scares me.

I can safely say that we mostly cook at home too but enjoy accents to our menu done by professionals. Grayfox is an excellent cook and I have my specialties, as well as experiment with new stuff like cooking under vacuum, sous vide, non-dairy cheezes, flavanoid extraction and concentrates, et al.

The friend that is joining us is a retired professional Le Cordon Bleu chef who reads the food columns and keeps us clued into the latest good thang. We've both had our eye on this restaurant since they started installing it in a defunct Village Inn space near here.
I am a gormando foodie.
Yet to try a sou vide

I use mine at least a couple times a month. I’m not afraid. Yes my mom was also a master. We grew up on venison and the pressure cooker is the way to cook that for sure imo. I don’t know if it would work the same in those new fangled electric pressure cookers but I would imagine it would.

I use mine at least a couple times a month. I’m not afraid. Yes my mom was also a master. We grew up on venison and the pressure cooker is the way to cook that for sure imo. I don’t know if it would work the same in those new fangled electric pressure cookers but I would imagine it would.
Oh, venison, my heart be still. Perhaps the best meat on the planet!

I’m gonna pretend that it is…
F6B4CA72-E95D-4746-8E4E-45BEB2191432.jpeg

Latest posts

Back