Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use to hunt and kill everything I shot at with a 22 long rifle. Deadly accurate.
My first rifle was a Stevens Crackshot single shot 22 LR and I wore it out.
Yep
I have a lever action 22 that shoots shorts longs and long rifle
I dont think i have ever seen a 22 long
I haven't seen longs in a long time but shot a lot of shorts and longs growing up because they were cheaper than Long Rifles.

I haven't seen longs in a long time but shot a lot of shorts and longs growing up because they were cheaper than Long Rifles.
What a great round the 22 is
My first shotgun was a s/s stevens 311 12ga
Where I grew up on Long Island you could not shoot a rifle
I think out west where you can shoot anywhere 22 longs and shorts were more available.
A short is a great back yard round for most of what I would see in my back yard.
Others here need way more lead with what they have roamin in there back yards

I think out west where you can shoot anywhere 22 longs and shorts were more available.
A short is a great back yard round for most of what I would see in my back yard.
Depending on what neighborhood you lived in, for sure.
Them Black Bears were a big problem for a while.

Yep
I have a lever action 22 that shoots shorts longs and long rifle
I dont think i have ever seen a 22 long
Ever see BB caps 22's I use to shoot them along with 22 bird shot in my backyard all the time.
1675343535010.png

The small one, just a primer charge sets it off

I still have my Daddy's .22 Winchester single shot. Little bitty thing. He bought it secondhand for $2 in 1911. He busted the stock over two dogs' heads in the late 40's. I made a new stock. The bolt handle is 3/4" long.

Got my first ever woodchunk with it.

Last edited:
My first shotgun was a Stevens single shot as well. Not only did I get my first duck and goose with it, I got my first deer.
Two taps behind the ear right / LOL
The USMC says the light switch is the brain stem, which is located at the base of the skull from the back, about under the ear from the side, and under the nose from the front.

My first shotgun was a Stevens single shot as well. Not only did I get my first duck and goose with it, I got my first deer.

The USMC says the light switch is the brain stem, which is located at the base of the skull from the back, about under the ear from the side, and under the nose from the front.
many are brain dead and don't know it yet....

I grew up inthe middle of nowhere..... Eastern Kansas. We had 5 acres just East of Wichita and 640 acres 60 miles to the East. Every truck had a gun rack and it was hunting season all year long.

It was nice growing up with your own Happy Hunting ground. I never had to ask permission to hunt...640 acres is enough to keep any kid happy.

A brain Pick in the same shot Ouch

Latest posts

Back