Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fav rifle of all time a a Ruger.
Model 44 from 1966. Five shot 44 magnum feels just like a 10/22 which is my favorite rifle model all time. The one I have was manufactured without the roll stamp firearm warning that later models have. I love shooting stuff with it. Spaghetti squash is my favorite lol
44carb.jpg

Model 44 from 1966. Five shot 44 magnum feels just like a 10/22 which is my favorite rifle model all time. The one I have was manufactured without the roll stamp firearm warning that later models have. I love shooting stuff with it. Spaghetti squash is my favorite lolView attachment 318944
Always wished I had grabbed one of these too
My 1st ruger 22 is from 1975

I still have my Daddy's .22 Winchester single shot. Little bitty thing. He bought it secondhand for $2 in 1911. He busted the stock over two dogs' heads in the late 40's. I made a new stock. The bolt handle is 3/4' long.

Got my first ever woodchunk with it.
Got my first whistle pig with a Colt New Frontier SAA. One shot, right in the boiler.
My first shotgun was a Stevens single shot as well. Not only did I get my first duck and goose with it, I got my first deer.

The USMC says the light switch is the brain stem, which is located at the base of the skull from the back, about under the ear from the side, and under the nose from the front.
My first legal rifle was a Stevens Crackshot, too. Still have it. Bought another one many years later.

A guy I've worked with off and on for many years was a sniper for Uncle Sam's Misguided Children back in 'nam. He was first issued a tricked up Winchester 70 in 30-06. He said when they got bored or got a wild hair and the opportunity, he'd try for a dead center above the eyebrow forehead shot. Said if you got 'em dead center, they'd do a weird dance for a few seconds before they dropped. A bit macabre, but those were different times.
Me, too. One's a green laminate mannlicher stock, stainless steel receiver and barrel with matching Leupold bases and rings with a SS Simons 3x9, the second is the same but in walnut, and the third is the Sporter with the checkering and no barrel band. All are tack drivers, literally. I used to shoot the top tacks outta Redskins target and let it droop like a soggy baby's diaper, much to his dismay.
Model 44 from 1966. Five shot 44 magnum feels just like a 10/22 which is my favorite rifle model all time. The one I have was manufactured without the roll stamp firearm warning that later models have. I love shooting stuff with it. Spaghetti squash is my favorite lolView attachment 318944
I sold the hell out of that model when I worked behind the gun counter at Super City. Guys loved 'em for heavy cover deer hunting.

Got my first whistle pig with a Colt New Frontier SAA. One shot, right in the boiler.

My first legal rifle was a Stevens Crackshot, too. Still have it. Bought another one many years later.

A guy I've worked with off and on for many years was a sniper for Uncle Sam's Misguided Children back in 'nam. He was first issued a tricked up Winchester 70 in 30-06. He said when they got bored or got a wild hair and the opportunity, he'd try for a dead center above the eyebrow forehead shot. Said if you got 'em dead center, they'd do a weird dance for a few seconds before they dropped. A bit macabre, but those were different times.

Me, too. One's a green laminate mannlicher stock, stainless steel receiver and barrel with matching Leupold bases and rings with a SS Simons 3x9, the second is the same but in walnut, and the third is the Sporter with the checkering and no barrel band. All are tack drivers, literally. I used to shoot the top tacks outta Redskins target and let it droop like a soggy baby's diaper, much to his dismay.

I sold the hell out of that model when I worked behind the gun counter at Super City. Guys loved 'em for heavy cover deer hunting.
If there is anyone from the island years ago we had Leslie Edelemans in farmindale?
A super market for guns
I remember when I was a young man visiting a PA gun store them having automatic weapons over 45 years ago

got my first .410 mossberg shotgun by selling cards off an add in the comic books...dad had to sign for it but what a hoot, still have that gun and it shoot as well then as it does now...as for .22 cal. guns, I love 'em...must have at least 10, mostly 10/22 and colt woodsmans...

Latest posts

Back