Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is difficult to look at that install when one is used to seeing stuff like this

1A08A0E1-C6F8-406A-B210-EEFA7F51EC34.jpeg

1D74357B-40D4-473B-A8FD-7BA101AE11A0.jpeg

BE57C451-6972-48A4-8ED5-828F6FF21F3F.jpeg

66421A71-6259-46BB-B0CC-D2D3B935D9AC.jpeg

7D87DDF8-B170-4EAB-B048-018BDCF36AC2.jpeg
646A31A3-4EFA-4E53-9FC9-9FDF681E407F.jpeg

coming from a sub woman I take that as a great compliment...you've seen some serious pipes ain't ya... ;)
I got piped in once under the torpedo tubes on a 688 class boat. The pipe fitters were closing up the hole I used to enter the space to do my 30 minute job. When I went to climb out, there was a pipe in my way. Had to make myself skinny to get out another way. What a memory. Must be the weed and all the pipe talk 😜
oh yeah, lost an earring in the bilge in that hole too 😂😂😂

I’m trying not to treat it as if it were SUBSAFE equipment GW. I know outside gets away with less quality work than on a submarine but don’t folks take any pride in their work? I am also very neat in my work even at home. I’m not a pipe fitter by trade but Ive done a lot of pipe work and would be embarrassed to turn this over to a customer.
My dad was a maintenance superintendent in an oil refinery, who did his own carpentry and plumbing. He both taught me how and that a man's work is his signature, which people see and judge him by long after he's gone.

In addition, working as a manufacturing engineer in both ship repair and aerospace designing plumbing and managing its installation, exposed me to professionals and professional standards that further spoiled me.

I replaced the BIP with copper in our house and rentals myself and am proud to say they are level, parallel, and perpendicular. I've installed PVC piping in sprinkler systems but have no experience with PEX.

I also plumbed the WolfWurx Terpenator systems in stainless piping, all of which had to be purdy and we never put one out that wasn't. At $40K to $60K a pop, we could have never gotten away with anything less.

Good morning all! More rain here, starting at 41F. Hugzs all around, wishing everyone a pleasant pain free Saturday!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

My webmaster failed to show yesterday, and the landscaper showed up eight and a half hours late but did get the job done. Firm, fixed schedules are not what they used to be...........................
gramps.gif

I'll try to connect with my webmaster today but otherwise have an empty calendar, open for wild excitement or deeply fulfilling adventure. That or debauchery.............

Latest posts

Back