Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning Islanders! Wishing everyone a splendid Frieday!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A gorgeous new day here, starting at 57F and predicted to reach 83F.

My webmaster is scheduled to help me load my 32 bit AutoCad into an older used laptop that I picked up for the purpose. It won't run on the newer 64 bit computers.

Yep, I'd go underground. Not really truly underground, but built on flat ground and covered over on all sides except the south. I saw one in Michigan that was built that way and the way they laid out the floorplan, it got natural light in every room. In the summertime, it stayed cool, and in the winter, it took very little electric heat to keep warm. The entire south side was glass but had a concealed steel shutter system that could go down in case of storms.
Yeah buried on three sides and a glass curtain wall open to the southern exposure. If you bury enough tubing, you can temper the makeup air to the temperature of the ground, so that it requires less heating and cooling in all seasons and a passive gravel and water filled sump can store solar heat.

Good morning misfits. Well the internet went down again and they said it will be a few days before we get it back. That means no phone or tv as well as my kitchen dancing music. I found out this morning that I’ve used almost all my phone minutes because of it so I’ll either have to up that for at least this month or go without a phone which I’m not good with.
Hope everyone has a good day. I’m gonna try to fix my online problem plus whatever else comes up. Hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend. Remembering all we have lost serving our country. Y’all take care and see you soon 💕

Latest posts

Back