Iso Hash Oil

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This method of extraction is 1 of my favourites, quick and easy and just leave it alone to do its thing in a dark warm place.

99.9% pure ISO from ebay.

If you use bone dry material it comes out a lot thicker and can be rolled into a ball if left a long time to fully evap the ISO out.

If you use medium dry material the ISO also strips oils from the material and makes a more liquid end product, I prefer this method because I only smoke joints and I find it easier to 'paint' onto the joint paper.

12gms.

:peace:

2 iso oil 2.JPG

2 iso oil 3.JPG

2 iso oil 4.JPG

2 iso oil.JPG

Man,,I just did the 2 min ISO wash,,,,FREAKEN kick ***. Me and the Wife got toasted. Cant wait to try thr Bubble Hash method.:hubba:

the first time i tried making iso oil.... man o man was i obliterated lol. firts toke an my eyebrows an upper lip started to sweat like when ya bite into a hot arse pepper or somethin lol. and one toke and i was done lol. i love this stuff. almost every 1/4oz i get i make a small batch in baby food jar out of bout an 1/8 of it cuz i almost gotta with the stuff round here. it only way it'll do any justice for me. IMO

I love this idea thanks heaps for it. As I've built and run a reflux still for ages (hope I can say that here), I'll use some on the next batch of grow I get - should make a good potion :)

Anytime I did this I shooky heavy for 5 minutes then let sit and repeated for about a half hour. The first post says do it for 3 minutes straight and thats all you need. I red that some people leave it over nite or even for a few days. Can anyone chime in on the best amount of time to shake this stuff and let soak. I must say it worked fine for me when I did it so I know I did it for a decent amount of time. Also to add the drier the trim the less water thats left behind after the ISO evaporates.

I used acetone a few times to extract it! but someone told me that its not good.... smoked fine to me. any thoughts?

my first batch is dryin up right now cant wait to see how it turns out

I just made another batch of this, it will be my last batch untill this growing season is over because I have no more trim to work with.

Picture 1,2 and 3 is the residue after the ISO has been evaporated, its a tar like consistancy.

I wanted something a bit thicker so I could use it like Hash so I mixed half a gram of fine powdered bud into it and gave it a good mix then scraped it out.

It was still sticky as tar so I dusted it with keif and fine ground dry sugarleaf.

So I now have something that isnt solid like hash and isnt liquid like oil its in between :p

:peace:

2 h 2.JPG

2 h 3.JPG

2 h 4.JPG

2 h 5.JPG

2 h 6.JPG

2 h 7.JPG

2 h 8.JPG

2 h 9.JPG

2 h 10.JPG

2 h 11.JPG

i think my first batch is finished, i let it sit out overnight and it looks dry and u cant see any liquid rolling around on top. i started to scraped some off the plate and rolled it into a little ball and my fingers got a little wet, it doesnt smell like alcohol but idk? the trimmings and buds i used were dry so idk where this came from. please help!

Okay, so I'm a little confused since people keep contradicting each other; I've read about half the thread and I'm tired of getting "Sorry, the server is too busy, try again later" when I try to read the next page so I decided just to ask instead of keep trying to read through.

Yes or no on wet material using the ISO method? I'm planning to use trimmings only, I cut the plant down 2 days ago so what I have is really nowhere near dry and I think it will mold if I attempt to dry it because I don't have a good place to spread it all out. I will attempt if necessary, just wondering.

Should I soak it in water first to clear out some of the chlorophyll (I read this in someone else's post that said they were using wet material), or is it okay if I just go for it?

What if I can't find 99% Isopropyl alcohol? What's the minimum concentration I should use if I can't find such?

I plan to only soak it for 1-2 minutes because that seems to be a general consensus of what others have said; good idea/bad idea?

How many days should I expect to wait before it's done? I know, this depends on many variables, here's what's going on at the moment here: we're currently at about 70ish degrees F and it's looking like humidity will be anywhere between 50 and 80% over the next couple days. I plan to use a fan or something to help speed the process, but I was just wondering if anyone would have any clue as to a time frame of how long it may take.

Help, please! :ciao: Thanks beforehand!

EDIT: Why on earth is the server always so dang busy? It's not like there are hundreds of people on here right now...

I have the same question as Spook313. Dry or Living does it matter?

Cheers!

same question as spook? Living or dried out does it matter?

Cheers!

IMO.. green/wet will probably yeild a cleaner, more pure product.
green/wet that has been water washed...even better :)

Try'd with freshly chopped popcorn buds and dried cured buds.

Didnt care much for the fresh stuff, the iso stripped a lot of chlorophyll from the buds and that was after a 30 40 second wash.

Hash from the dryed cured buds i found to be equally as potent but tasted nicer if that makes any sense.

But i wouldnt turn my nose up at either if the truth was to be known.

I saw a mention of using a reflux still to remove the alcohol some where but now I can't find it. I think it was in thiss thread but I can't figure out a way to search the enirte 14 pages.

Can anyone please help me with find that post?

Or does anyone know anything about using grain alcohol to make the solvent solution and then using a still to remvoe the alcohol without loosing the alcohol?

DJ.. I used a coffee carafe, a coffee "warmer"/hot plate, a rubber cork that fit the caraffe, about 6' of rubber/plastic tubing, a bucket of ice, and a catch bottle.
Tubing goes in the top of the rubber cork, down to where the tubing is buried in the bucket of ice, back out over the side to the catch bottle.
I found the coffee warmer to hold an nearlly ideal temerature. Just hot enough to barely boil the iso. Vapor is transported through the tubing to the ice, where it cools and returns to liquid sate.
CAREFULL!! do not boil it dry. Remove it from the heat while there is still 1/4 to 1/2 inch of liquid in the caraffe, and allow it to evaporate at room temps...;)

Well I tried this ISO method to see how well it would work for me. I had a 1/2 ounce of bubble dust popcorn buds dried for a week also about a 1/2 ounce of dried for a week trimmings. It filled a spaghetti sauce jar half full broke up. I filled the jar 2 inches above the material. I shook for 5 minutes. I got a round Pyrex plate from the dollar store. I got a small metal mesh strainer and put 2 coffee filters in it. It took 5 days for it to dry, I only put it on the warmer when I could watch it. WOW, when I scape it out of the bowl it turned into a black tar like consistency. I haven't had black tar hash it awhile. I rolled in into a ball and it hit my tray with a clank. I cut off a chunk and stuffed it in the bong and it is now a new favorite. I don't know how it could get better but if Hick says green and washed will do it I think I will try it. Thanks for the great info, sorry no pics I couldn't keep it out of my bong long enough to take a pic. Can wait for next harvest.

MCM

I have an In Isomeriser 2 (old school)
i take any quality hash put it in an Iso 2 maker---add grain alchol----process---makes high quality oil

1) clean jar with lid
2) isopropyl rubbing alcohol
3) coffee filters
4) plate or glass pan
5) bud or leaf trimmings
6) razor blade

First you want to take your bud & leaf trimmings crush them up and place in bottom of jar. Then take your iso and fill the jar up 1 to 2 inches over your bud & leaf trimmings. Put the lid on the jar and shake well for 2 minutes. Get your plate or glass pan and coffee filters. Take 3 or 4 filters put them together and dump your mixture into the filters. Be sure to try and fold the top of the filters together after adding the mixture this will prevent your filters from letting your liquid drip out the top. Let all the liquid drain through the filters onto the plate or glass pan. once this is done let the iso evaporate in the plate or pan and there you have it. Take your razor blade and scrape the hash from the plate or pan and its time to smoke. REMEMBER the better the bud and trimmings the better your hash will be. any questions please email me. ENJOY:p[/quote]

Latest posts

Back