Iso Hash Oil

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i believe taht all consumable alcohol is derived from or has butt loads sugar in it. only taht it doesnt taste sweet. sugar is a main ingredient in the fermentations of alcohol if im not mistaken. and granted ya dont taste the sweetness of sugars in a beer etc , its still tehre .
hence im assuming the caralization in the bowl when burned taht toker 62 spoke of prior post. :confused2:
but i'll stand corrected if im wrong on the whole sugar bit wit booze tho.

i know that major alcoholics can basically put there bodies into a diabetic state if after like many many years of alcoholism stopping. i mean after a case of beer a day for some people. tahts like a load an a half of sugar really and after 20 years of givin body taht much sugar and stopping puts some, alot into being diabetic after quitting alcohol.
this happened to my grandfather.

I think everyone is under a misapprehension about the booze.
Granted, loads of sugar are used to make alcohol.
BUT, why? So that the yeast can have something to eat.
No sugar, no alcohol conversion. The sugar is eaten by the yeast and fermentation can then take place. The sugar is 'used up' in the process.
An alcohol with a proof level of 190 is 95% alcohol and 5% water. There is minimal carbohydrate sugar remaining. It was converted into alcohol by the
yeast during fermentation.

At any rate. I would rather smoke residual amounts of natural sugar than residual amounts of butane, hexane, white gasoline, ether, acetone, isopropyl, or whatever chemical does a 'better' job of stripping the THC from the plant material. And it should be dried first for better results.

I just made my first batch of this last night. I let it soak for five minutes in Everclear (95% alcohol), and then strained it through a coffee filter. I came out with green liquid that is now evaporating. A day later and the level of moisture is high. Is there a chance of mold forming from being left to evap too long? Today I noticed cloudyness starting to creep in, I would figure that 95% alcohol would kill anything, is this clouding from the evap, and the condensing of the essential oils in there?

Probably not. Put a heat source on it to kill the developing mold, a heat lamp, heating pad, hot plate, etc. NO flame. You want it to evap ASAP without destroying the thc levels. A fan across the top would be great too.
Was the weed dry? You could do a water soak next time to remove alot of the 'green' from the finished product. Make sure you dry it again first tho.

Has ANYBODY watched the Rick Simpson video on how to make hemp oil that is available on Phoenixtears.ca? It is an excellent resource and IMO the ONLY place to start if you are thinking about making hemp oil to cure your cancer as I am, or to make some oil/grease to smoke.
Check it out. That's an order! Homework due in tomorrow...hXXp://www.phoenixtears.ca/

Ok. Here it is. You guys want to make 'hash oil'. Here is the secret from the man himself:

"For those of you who have watched the documentary "Run from the Cure", this should answer any questions about producing your own oil. I recommend that people grow their own hemp either in a small indoor grow system or outdoors. Growing it yourself will eliminate the high cost associated with buying hemp from drug dealers. The cost of hemp can vary greatly from dealer to dealer and so can the quality of the hemp. For anyone new to growing hemp a good book or video on the subject is a necessity. If you go to Cannabis Culture, the good people there should be able to point you in the right direction.

Caution:
Oils that drug dealers sell can have many contaminants and often little or no THC. From my experience, most hemp oil available on the street should be avoided for medicinal use. Make your own oil or have someone you trust produce the oil to assure a very pure, high quality oil is produced.

How much to make and take?
One pound (500g) of bone-dry hemp buds will usually produce about 2 ounces (55 - 60 mL) of high-grade oil. This amount of oil will cure most serious cancers; the average person can ingest this amount in about three months. This oil is very potent so one must begin treatment with small doses. A drop of oil about half the size of a grain of rice, two to four times a day is a good beginning. After four or five days, start increasing your daily dosage very gradually. As time goes on the body builds a tolerance to the oil and more and more can be taken. In cases where people are in a great deal of pain, I recommend that their dosage be quickly increased until it kills the pain. High quality hemp oil will stop pain even when morphine is not effective. The oil can be applied to external injuries for pain relief in minutes.

Will I get high?
Following the dosage previously described, many people can take the full treatment and never get high. In regards to hemp, getting "high" is a joke, even if a person does take too much oil the effect wears off quickly and no harm is done. No one has ever died from the use of hemp medicine.

Will I become addicted?
Hemp oil does not cause your body to crave more. It is non-addictive, harmless and effective for practically any medical condition.

Is this the same as hemp seed oil?
No! This is hemp oil, made from the bud and small leaves of the hemp plant. It is the essential oil of the hemp plant. Health food store sells oil made from hemp seed that is often mislabeled as hemp oil. Although seed oil is very beneficial, it does not contain enough THC to have any effect on cancer and other serious illnesses.

Are hemp and marijuana the same?
The word marijuana is one of over four hundred slang terms used worldwide to describe the cannabis and/or hemp plant.

Are all hemp plants the same?
When buying or growing hemp, procure a strain that has the highest possible THC content. To energize someone suffering from depression, I recommend a good Sativa strain. For most other medical conditions, I strongly suggest that Indica strains be used. Indicas relax a person and provide them with more rest and sleep.

How do I use it?
High quality hemp oil can be vapourized, ingested or used topically. Add the oil to creams and salves for external use.

Where can I get information about making the oil?
For someone new to making the oil I suggest that you go to "Run From The Cure". There you can watch our documentary in seven segments. Segment #4 shows how the oil can be produced at home or one can go to Phoenix Tears Movie and download the full documentary. You will need a high-speed internet connection and there is no charge. The process in the video could only be described as crude at best, but the oil that is produced will cure cancer. In reality, this medicine should be produced in a controlled environment, using distilling equipment, etc. to reclaim the solvent and to purify the oil. Most people do not understand distilling and do not have access to the required equipment. This is the reason such a simple method is descried in the documentary, so if need be just about anyone can produce the oil. As in the video, again we stress that this process, if not done properly can be dangerous and we bear no responsibility if this educational information is misused.

My process:

Starting material:
I generally work with a pound or more of good grade hemp starting material. You can use just one ounce. An ounce will usually produce 3 or 4 grams of oil. The amount of oil produced per ounce of hemp will vary from strain to strain, but it all has that wonderful healing power.

1 - Place the completely dry starting material in a plastic bucket.
2 - Dampen the material with the solvent you are using. Many solvents can be used. I like to use pure naphtha but it costs $500 for a 45-gallon drum. You can use 99% isopropyl alcohol, which you can find in your local drug stores. Alcohol absorbs more chlorophyll from the plant material than naphtha does. This gives oils made with alcohol a darker colour but does not diminish the potency of the oil to any noticeable degree. Ether, naphtha or butane and many other solvents can produce oils that are amber and transparent. Granted these clear oils do look better but dark oil can be just as potent. If the process is done properly, little or no solvent residue is left in the oil. I have been consuming oils produced using different solvents for eight years with no harmful effects. You will require about two gallons of solvent to strip the THC off one pound of dry starting material. 500 milliliters of solvent should be more than enough to strip the THC from one ounce of hemp starting material.
3 - Crush the plant material using a stick of clean untreated (chemical free) wood or some such device. Even though the starting material has been dampened with the solvent, you will find that the material can be readily crushed.
4 - Add solvent until the starting material is completely covered.
Use the stick to work the plant material. As you are doing this, the THC dissolves off the plant material into the solvent.
5 - Continue this process for about 3 minutes.
6 - Pour the solvent-oil mix off the plant material into another bucket. You have just stripped the plant material of about 80% of its THC.
7 - Second wash - again add solvent to the plant material and work it for another 3 minutes to get the other 20%.
8 - Pour this solvent-oil mix into the bucket containing the first mix that was poured off previously.
9 - Discard the twice-washed plant material.
10- Pour the solvent-oil mix through a coffee filter into a clean container.
11- Boil the solvent off. I have found that a rice cooker will do this boil off very nicely. The one I have has two heat settings - high and low - and will hold over a half gallon (2.5 liters) of solvent-oil mix.
12- Add solvent-oil mix to the rice cooker until it is about ¾ full.

Make sure you are in a very well ventilated area and set up a fan to carry the solvent fumes away. The fumes are very flammable. Be sure to stay away from red-hot elements, sparks, cigarettes etc. that could ignite the fumes.

13- Plug the rice cooker in and set it on high heat.
14- Continue adding solvent-oil mix as the level in the rice cooker decreases until it is all in the cooker.
15- Add a few drops of water to the solvent-oil mix as the level comes down for the last time. The amount of water added depends on how much starting material you had in the beginning. If I am producing oil from a pound of good bud, I usually add about ten drops of water.
16- When there is about one inch of solvent-oil-water mix left in the cooker, put on your oven mitts, pick the unit up and gently swirl the contents
17- Continue swirling until the solvent has been evaporated off. The few drops of water help release the solvent residue and protect the oil somewhat from too much heat. When the solvent has been boiled off, the cooker that I use automatically goes to low heat. This avoids any danger of overheating the oil. At no time should the temperature of the oil go over 290F degrees (140 C).
18- Put on your oven mitts and remove the pot containing the oil from the rice cooker.
19- Gently pour the oil into a small stainless steel container.
20- Place this container in a dehydrator or put in on a gentle heating device such as a coffee warmer. It may take a few hours but the water and volatile turpines will be evaporated from the oil. When there is no longer any activity on the surface of the oil the medicine is ready for use.
21- Pour the hot oil into a bottle; or as in the video suck it up into a plastic syringe. Putting the oil in a plastic syringe makes it very easy to dispense the medicine.

When the oil cools off it has the consistency of thick grease. Some strains will produce very thick oil and you may have trouble squeezing it out of the syringe. If this happens, place the syringe in warm water a few minutes prior to use.

To anyone starting to use hemp oil as a medication, here are some simple facts.
Hemp oil will lower blood pressure and if you are on blood pressure medication, you may find that this medication is no longer needed. The same is true for diabetics. I have seen hemp oil control blood sugar to the extent that insulin was no longer needed.
To anyone who is going to act on this information to help a loved one, I welcome you to the world of real medicine. Again, I caution you to be very careful when boiling the solvent off. The fumes are very flammable. Be sure to stay away from red-hot elements, sparks, cigarettes etc. that could ignite the fumes.

I wish you the best luck and health.
Warmest regards,
Rick Simpson."

OldSkool said:
Probably not. Put a heat source on it to kill the developing mold, a heat lamp, heating pad, hot plate, etc. NO flame. You want it to evap ASAP without destroying the thc levels. A fan across the top would be great too.
Was the weed dry? You could do a water soak next time to remove alot of the 'green' from the finished product. Make sure you dry it again first tho.

Yes, it was dried trim and small buds from an outdoor grow. I was really scared of using heat, since this stuff is so flammable. I will try the water soak next time, but I cure the buds with the leaf intact. Then when two weeks of curing goes by (after seven to ten days of hang of screen drying), I trim everything up. I then used that trim to make the iso.

I still have a hard time believing that mold could grow in grain alcohol. But, it is what it is.

Dude, for real? Hash oil will NOT control blood sugar! I don't now where you found this guy, but THC and it's cannibanoid buddies have very little if any effect upon diabetics. Maybe there's a study somewhere that I haven't heard of yet, but I have know several juvenile diabetics that started smoking, and years later stopped, without any effect whatsoever. I also know a guy who became diabetic in his forties, ten years ago, and just started smoking so that he can use less of his percocet for back pain. And, yes you got it, NO EFFECT on his diabetis.

The guy has his oil method down to a science, but I have a feeling that his "science" stops there. Any info on these claims would be much appreciated.

mistisrising said:
Dude, for real? Hash oil will NOT control blood sugar! I don't now where you found this guy, but THC and it's cannibanoid buddies have very little if any effect upon diabetics. Maybe there's a study somewhere that I haven't heard of yet, but I have know several juvenile diabetics that started smoking, and years later stopped, without any effect whatsoever. I also know a guy who became diabetic in his forties, ten years ago, and just started smoking so that he can use less of his percocet for back pain. And, yes you got it, NO EFFECT on his diabetis.

The guy has his oil method down to a science, but I have a feeling that his "science" stops there. Any info on these claims would be much appreciated.

You said it right there, "he started smoking it"...taking it internally is a whole different ballgame bro.
From Rick Simpson's testimonial's site:
Thanks Rick my mom is completely cancer free from her Jan 28th Diag of small cell lung cancer ( the fast incurable one). She looks great and it’s gone, of course they say it will come back, can’t blame em, that’s all they know...But with this cancer the oncologist even said, he has never seen reduction this fast to zero ever before...
Also my brother is /.was type one Diabetes, he has been on it for 4 weeks now and hasn't had to adjust his insulin in three weeks. Also saw varicose veins disappear in front of my eyes, seen moles go 4 shades lighter and half disappear ( the bad part of it gone gone ) I have seen carcinoma disappear also, with my own eyes.....and someone else was scheduled for a prostate removal, he couldn’t pee or anything, 6 weeks later they go to do the surgery, ooops they went in and came out, said it was fine now..........and they left it in ,,,,,,,the problem with lots of people is going to be the fact that the doctors are used to these things never getting better , so they will do the surgeries based on scans from weeks ago,,,,,,and the people might be scared not to have the surgery even though they are on the oil,,,,,,,,,,,,they must insist to be re- checked..........it’s their right..I have also seen 3 people Die in the last 6 months that didn't take the oil, they figured that if it was real their lovely private bank owned so called country of Canada Inc. would use it to save them.......
J.M. ON

Please read the site before you call him a quack. If you just wanna smoke and just get high, good for you. Some of us here have serious cancers and are out of options. PLEASE READ and watch the videos on his site.
Direct link REMOVED this time, edited last time
Then you will know what you are talking about my friend...:)

Stay "stubborn as a mule" o'school ;).. and best of luck with the fight

Oldskool, you're right, I assumed that any intake would cause the same effects. I apologize for jumping to conclusions. I do know someone with crones disease that eats mj for abdominal pain, and smokes it to increase appetite. So, I should've known that different ways of intake would cause different effects.

You would think, though, that with evidence of use in asia as far back as five thousand years, we would know more about it's medical uses. Especially considering that it's only been illegal since the thirties. I hope that guy is right, but without serious studies, I think I'll stick with chemo, and smoke to stave off the after effects.

mistisrising said:
Oldskool, you're right, I assumed that any intake would cause the same effects. I apologize for jumping to conclusions. I do know someone with crones disease that eats mj for abdominal pain, and smokes it to increase appetite. So, I should've known that different ways of intake would cause different effects.

You would think, though, that with evidence of use in asia as far back as five thousand years, we would know more about it's medical uses. Especially considering that it's only been illegal since the thirties. I hope that guy is right, but without serious studies, I think I'll stick with chemo, and smoke to stave off the after effects.

Mistisrising, have you seen the video? Have you watched the entire hour's worth of footage? I doubt that anyone who had would still want to subject themselves to chemo. Chemo kills half the people that take it for their cancers. Watch the videos, listen to the people who have taken it internally and swear by it.

Mods, why does the link to Rick Simpsons page keep disappearing? Is it actually a BAD thing to promote healing oneself from cancer for free?
This I really don't understand. Specially on a marijuana GROWING website...:rolleyes:

Mods, why does the link to Rick Simpsons page keep disappearing? Is it actually a BAD thing to promote healing oneself from cancer for free?
This I really don't understand. Specially on a marijuana GROWING website...
It isn't "disappearing", I'm removing it. We don't want another sites logs reflecting that is is visited from here. It leaves a "cyber trail" that we don't wish to be a part of, for one.
It is a simple security measure.
If you wish to post links, we have asked that you post the url edited, so it is NOT a direct/embedded link. (hXXp) for instance..

Gotcha. Always gotta watch out for 'the MAN'. ;)
I'll TRY to remember!

I checked out the video, I'm still skeptical because hash oil has been available in the us since CA went legal in the '90's. So, why haven't states such as that started to make way for this cause? With fourteen states on the band wagon, I can't imagine how this has gone all this time without more attention. There are too many independent parties involved for medicinal companies to silence them all, so why is this still so quiet?

Getting back to the original subject, I've included some pics of the process. The first is the original look of the solution, the second, and third are of the current condition. I should've also said that this was a test to see how much was left in leaf that had been used to make ice hash. It was originally ran twice, for ten minutes each. I normally run it three to four times, but this time I only ran it twice. My thinking was that I'll leave a little thc on the leaf, and see if this process will give me that and any other essential oils in the leaf. Also, after the first two runs, the grade of hash severely decreases as more fiber breaks loose from the leaf getting beat up.

before.jpeg

afterview.jpeg

afterclose.jpeg

I checked out the video, I'm still skeptical because hash oil has been available in the us since CA went legal in the '90's. So, why haven't states such as that started to make way for this cause? With fourteen states on the band wagon, I can't imagine how this has gone all this time without more attention. There are too many independent parties involved for medicinal companies to silence them all, so why is this still so quiet?

WHY? Because the govt/medical/drug manufacturing cartel will lose billions every year if everybody has easy access to natural remedies such as MJ.
Think about it. The govt grants $ to drug co's to find 'cures' for cancer and other things. The drug co's kick money back to the reps and senators to keep the pork barrel going. It's a circle jerk of $$$. Why do you think ciggs are legal when the factually kill 500,000 Americans EVERY year? They have 'advocates' and 'lobbiests' that make sure the wheels are greased for continued operation and GREED my friend.
Now, how many people a year does MJ kill? O. None> Nada. Why then is it illegal? No money in it for the gov/med/drug cartel that 'supposedly' is there for our common 'good'...

Sorry for the hijack. Hash oil, or hemp oil as it should be called, should be legalized for medicinal purposes at the very least. Ask your doctor about the Hippocratic oath he/she took and why they don't actually adhere to it.
They would be ridiculed and possibly lose their licensce for going outside the mainstream dogma bull that is called medicine these days.

Ok, I'm done. (Oldskool gets down off of soapbox..)
Make hemp oil! Take and enjoy! I'll let you know if a few months if it really cures cancer or not. Peace brothers and sisters...:)

the best way i have seen is to use grain alcohol at least 180-190 proof( that 90 to 95 %) like golden grain u let it sit with trimming and bud for couple weeks then slowly evaporate it in a pot making sure not to go over 150 degrees F cuz thc will evaporate. oh ya after it sit for a week or two you strain and evaporate the alcohol and your left with hash oil. since it grain alcohol and you can drink it i think that the better route to go.

I made my first batch with 99% isopropanol a few days ago. I used three whole plants, buds, leaves and all. I left it out in the garage to evap but the temp is so low here now I still have an inch of liquid sitting in the large stainless pot I used. It looks like green coolaid and smells like marijuana scented aftershave! I think I'll put a heatlamp on it tommorow to help with the evap rate. I'll let you know how it turns out.

funny you mention kool-aid i just made a fresh batch of iso with my sour og trim i kid you not looked like purple kool-aid when i first poured now i just have some potent purple iso hash this is the first for me taste fuely

truthxpride said:
I did strain it throught the coffee filter. It wasn't completely dry, but wasn't wet. So after i strained it(or what i felt was straining..?) I was left withe still green tree that was just lightly staturated. No stickyness or tar like substance.
you know that you were suppoaed to keep the liquid and throw the greens away right?? sounds like you are looking for your weed to be sticky and its the liquid after you evaporate it that is supposed to be sticky or dry and crumbly.

OldSkool said:
You said it right there, "he started smoking it"...taking it internally is a whole different ballgame bro.
From Rick Simpson's testimonial's site:
Thanks Rick my mom is completely cancer free from her Jan 28th Diag of small cell lung cancer ( the fast incurable one). She looks great and it’s gone, of course they say it will come back, can’t blame em, that’s all they know...But with this cancer the oncologist even said, he has never seen reduction this fast to zero ever before...
Also my brother is /.was type one Diabetes, he has been on it for 4 weeks now and hasn't had to adjust his insulin in three weeks. Also saw varicose veins disappear in front of my eyes, seen moles go 4 shades lighter and half disappear ( the bad part of it gone gone ) I have seen carcinoma disappear also, with my own eyes.....and someone else was scheduled for a prostate removal, he couldn’t pee or anything, 6 weeks later they go to do the surgery, ooops they went in and came out, said it was fine now..........and they left it in ,,,,,,,the problem with lots of people is going to be the fact that the doctors are used to these things never getting better , so they will do the surgeries based on scans from weeks ago,,,,,,and the people might be scared not to have the surgery even though they are on the oil,,,,,,,,,,,,they must insist to be re- checked..........it’s their right..I have also seen 3 people Die in the last 6 months that didn't take the oil, they figured that if it was real their lovely private bank owned so called country of Canada Inc. would use it to save them.......
J.M. ON

Please read the site before you call him a quack. If you just wanna smoke and just get high, good for you. Some of us here have serious cancers and are out of options. PLEASE READ and watch the videos on his site.
Direct link REMOVED this time, edited last time
Then you will know what you are talking about my friend...:)
the link you psoted was removed. can you pm it to me I'd like to read the article.

Latest posts

Back