Iso Hash Oil

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Killuminati420 said:
nice nvthis, looks fire.

Thanks bro. This stuff is one hitter-done... Of course, just like tater chips, who stops there? :hubba:

I did not come up with this technique it is very old.
It will produce golden super potent hash oil with regular ISO alcohol you can get at most any drug store.
1. dry trim
2. put trim in container with lid
3. cover trim with ISO
4. shake for 30 seconds
5. pour ISO solution through standard coffee filter
6. collect iso in container/pan
7. let evaporate over night
8. scrape up hash oil
You can do a 2nd 30 second run on the trim, but quality will degrade with each run.
WARNING: Never use a stove, or any heat source to evaporate the ISO. Just let it evaporate over night. If you are very impatient you can use a regular fan pointed at the alcohol to speed evaporation.

Tried this with a maybe 5 or 6 grams of popcorn. Was easy, everything worked as said. Stunk up my house a goodone! I used cheese cloth
(a few layers) Doesnt taste as good as my bubble. Works average. Does it ever fully dry out? I got maybe a 3/4 gram only shook for 45 sec.

Was fun Thanks,
B.P.

If you leave it out for a while mine starts crumbling up a bit....

Suppose Everclear would work just like the ISO without the health dangers?
90% alcohol and consumable. Higher priced certainly. Trade off for health safety

Isopropyl evaporates completely guys. Zero residue, but you have to be patient.

I have come to find out, years later...that if you are still making/smoking oils that were created using iso...you are not only a fool, but a stubborn misinformed fool.

BHO is superior in every way. Hands down, lab tested (many times) makes iso look like tweeker ****.

If you dont like the idea of bho, or have a hard time grasping the very, very simple safety precautions you can use grain alcohol. Thats the really "heady" hippie way. Or all natural if you will.

There. I said it. The verdict is in, and numbers dont lie.

The Effen Gee said:
I have come to find out, years later...that if you arestill making/smoking oils that were created using iso...you are not only afool, but a stubborn misinformed fool

Or maybe someone in pain with only has 99% ISO available to work with. Isopropyl extraction was most likely born because of the tax rates on ethanol.

The poison is in the dosage, so it simply must be purged below toxic levels,which are relatively easy to determine, with just taste and smell.

Odor threshold is 22 ppm adapted, 700ppm un-adapted per Science Lab's MSDS at:http://www.ee.iitb.ac.in/~nanoe/msds/ipa.pdf

The MSDS shows acute oral toxicity LD-50 Mouse is 3600 mg/kg (~3600ppm), or about 5 times the concentration at which even the uninformed can smell it.

Acute toxicity of the vapor LC50 rat, was 16,000 mg/kg (~ppm) for 8 hours.

Chronic Effects on Humans:

CARCINOGENIC EFFECTS: A4 (Notclassifiable for human or animal.) by ACGIH, 3 (Not classifiable for human.) byIARC.

DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY: ClassifiedReproductive system/toxin/female, Development toxin [POSSIBLE]. May cause damageto the following organs: kidneys, liver, skin, central nervous system (CNS).p.5

Other Toxic Effects on Humans:

Hazardous in case of ingestion, ofinhalation. Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant, sensitizer,permeator).

Special Remarks on Toxicity toAnimals: Not available.

Special Remarks on Chronic Effects onHumans:

May cause adversereproductive/teratogenic effects (fertility, fetoxicity, developmental abnormalities))based on animal studies. Detected in maternal milk in human.

Special Remarks on other Toxic Effectson Humans:

Acute Potential Health Effects: Skin:May cause mild skin irritation, and sensitization. Eyes: Can cause eyeirritation.

Inhalation: Breathing in small amountsof this material during normal handling is not likely to cause harmful effects.However, breathing large amounts may be harmful and may affect the respiratorysystem and mucous membranes (irritation), behavior

and brain (Central nervous systemdepression - headache, dizziness, drowsiness, stupor, incoordination,unconciousness, coma and possible death), peripheral nerve and senstation,blood, urinary system, and liver.

Ingestion: Swallowing small amountsduring normal handling is not likely to cause harmful effects. Swallowing largeamounts may be harmful. Swallowing large amounts may cause gastrointestinaltract irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, abdominal pain. It alsomay affect the urinary system, cardiovascular system, sense organs, behavior orcentral nervous system (somnolence, generally depressed activity, irritability,headache, dizziness, drowsiness), liver, and respiratory system (breathingdifficulty).

Chronic Potential Health Effects: Maycause defatting of the skin and dermatitis and allergic reaction. May causeadverse reproductive effects based on animal data (studies)

A person using ISO may also be someone that prefers the more floral tastes of a polar extraction, as opposed to a hashier flavor in a non polar extraction like butane and Hexane.

Without fail,our test panels picked out the QWET and QWISO as the best flavored, only behind BHO extracted from fresh frozen green material, which was rated first.

PS: Skunk Pharm Research uses Ethanol, n-Butane, and n-Hexane for our oral and vaporized meds, but use ISO and Denatured to extract for our topicals. That doesn't mean that we wouldn't use ISO, if that is all we could get our hands on.

That information is based on ingestion, not combustion and inhaling the smoke directly.

You can make your own ethinol, and butane is cheap.

The magic is in the extractor. Size, and volume are key. Along with proper filter mediums.

No way can you have a more perfect extraction method than butane. Period.

The Effen Gee said:
That information is based on ingestion, not combustion and inhaling the smoke directly.

You can make your own ethinol, and butane is cheap.

The magic is in the extractor. Size, and volume are key. Along with proper filter mediums.

No way can you have a more perfect extraction method than butane. Period.
Do you have information showing different effects than inhalation which you might share?

More perfect for what? We use different extraction methods for different effects.
How about the rest of the non polar Alkanes? Is butane better than they are, even given its slight water solubility?

I like butane too, but consider it just another tool in the toolbox. Here are some ways we use other solvents:

]hXXp://skunkpharmresearch.com/

Graywolf said:
Do you have information showing different effects than inhalation which you might share?

More perfect for what? We use different extraction methods for different effects.
How about the rest of the non polar Alkanes? Is butane better than they are, even given its slight water solubility?

I like butane too, but consider it just another tool in the toolbox. Here are some ways we use other solvents:

]hXXp://skunkpharmresearch.com/[/URL]
]
YO!!! you've been here long enough to know better...fix the link

So which is better for making hash oil? to use dried leaf and bud or frozen fresh leaf and bud?

You want ZERO water in your extractor. None.

Dry trim, prime trim or even striaght nugs is the best.

Iso is so 70's.

Dude is it just me or does iso effin SUCK? straight headaches even letting it sit two days make me feel gross idek why ive done it more than once, i used 99 percent iso. that stuff is absolutely horrible idek that i wanna try butane after that disgusting awful disappointment. SERIOUSLY who the hell actually likes this total CRAP? Id LOVE to know.

umbra said:
YO!!! you've been here long enough to know better...fix the link

Apparently not. Might you explain, as I am on enough different forums to get even more confused?

The Effen Gee said:
You want ZERO water in your extractor. None.

Dry trim, prime trim or even striaght nugs is the best.

Iso is so 70's.

I used to feel that way, but after experimenting with different solvents and amounts of drying, I have found that it really depends on the solvent used what you want to end up with.

Some folks like floral flavors, which you lose with bone dry material, as well as the lighter mono and sesquiterpenes that also evaporate away.

We mostly use Butane, Hexane, and Ethanol for vaporizing and oral, but ISO and Denatured for topical medications, because it works, isn't toxic at residual levels, and is cheaper when extracting low yield material like fan leaves and stems.

We still do frozen dried ISO in classes, which the students sample at the end by vaporizing and some prefer it.

When we want the most floral flavor from a solvent, we either do the extraction using a non polar solvent and frozen fresh material, or use a polar solvent and frozen dried, but not cured material.

For a smooth mellow hashy flavor, and pristine appearance, dry material and a polar solvent is the way to go.

NCGuerrillaking said:
Dude is it just me or does iso effin SUCK? straight headaches even letting it sit two days make me feel gross idek why ive done it more than once, i used 99 percent iso. that stuff is absolutely horrible idek that i wanna try butane after that disgusting awful disappointment. SERIOUSLY who the hell actually likes this total CRAP? Id LOVE to know.

Your ISO should taste nutty and floral when vaporized, not gross, so there may have been something wrong in the material or procedure. I would advise not using it, until you figure out what went wrong and why it does taste gross.

Could you describe what you used and your process?

NCGuerrillaking said:
Your doing something wrong.

And what's idek?

Latest posts

Back