Iso Hash Oil

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right say i use this iso method exactly how is stated , when it comes to leaving it do i store it in a cold place considering my house is always hotter than normal room temperature or what??

It's best to store it in a cool, dark environment, just like you would store buds. Since THC degrades with light and heat, you want to eliminate those factors from your storage area, whether it's storing buds or hash.
In other words, you should store your hash/oils in the same place you store your greens.

that's cool thx for the reply "useless"

hi all, i just finished reading this whole thread, very interesting. i have 6 2mo old plant and was flowering for 20 days but didnt see any sex, its prolly from heat stress. SB say they almost stop growing when its 95+ degree. thats prolly my problem. but anyway, i had to get rid of all my plants and clean up all the evidence. i thought about burning them or dump it somewhere far. but someone mention try QWISO. so i'm wondering will i get hash oil from my 6 plants that haven't show any sign of sex? well, i think im gonna try QWISO anyway cuz i went so far with my grow. i just took it out of the DWC system and laid them all in a cardboard box drying em out. so i should dry them out first then crush the leaves and stem then put it in a jar with ISO and shake then filter? great thread BTW!

EDIT:
Useless said:
You can do QWISO while the material is still wet. Won't cause you any problems. I also recommend freezing the material and iso prior to the rinse.
what should i freeze and wut u mean by rise? Thanks for advice

Whats good,
I only made it to page 6 of this thread because its getting late... but im looking for some advice... i have about 5 pounds of shake/stems/large stock.. basically and entire outdoor grow... the buds from these plants were harvested either a bit early.. or they just werent grown properly..... there is a lot of big leaf as well as little leaf (bud) shake however....

Do you feel the bubble bag method would yield a decent amount taking into consideration the quality of the buds... or would i be best to use an iso method...

Also the quick wash i understand prevents the other plant chemicals from being in your oil.. hence making a lighter colored product... however.. would you gain a higher yield by letting the shake soak longer in the iso???

Cheers

yeah mate the longer you leave it the more oil ya gonna get but its just crap,over here in nz we call it greenie or comercial ya gotta smoke a heap of it to get a lil stoned an it tastes like arse cozz its got all the (LANGUAGE EDIT. PLEASE, NO CURSING ON THIS SITE) stuff from the plant matter aswell hence the more dark green colour to it.When i brew i use 2-4 litres per pound soak it for no longer than 5mins an usally get around 42 caps or a large kinda suprise cap full of nice honey oil.I cook the iso off though because otherwise sitting it somewhere it would take weeks in weeks for the iso to vaporise off.When cooking it out it only takes around a hour an half

the bubble bag method would be more yield than iso

Uk1 said:
the bubble bag method would be more yield than iso

Does that apply even if the shake and stems are not high quality...
I have like 5 lbs of leaf,shake and stems/stocks.... it just doesnt seems like there is much crystal to start with..

Hello,
I use TBG's method but substitute Vodka for ISO (rubbing Alcohol). works like a charm every time.

spook313 first of all to make hash with leaves u need alot of leaves and by takin that of a LIVING PLANT will kill it for sure cause thats how they get there energy so if you wanna make hash out of leaves my suggestin is wait intill its ready and then harvest the bud and with all of the leaves that are left over u can make hash with but they cannot be wet they have to be bone dry to make the hash. BUT I COULD BE WRONG. but i know you cannot use leafs right off a living plant and it would be stupid to do so.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
:cool:hello all. i see there are not to many threads on making hash so i thought i would start another. you will need the following items:

1) clean jar with lid
2) isopropyl rubbing alcohol
3) coffee filters
4) plate or glass pan
5) bud or leaf trimmings
6) razor blade

First you want to take your bud & leaf trimmings crush them up and place in bottom of jar. Then take your iso and fill the jar up 1 to 2 inches over your bud & leaf trimmings. Put the lid on the jar and shake well for 2 minutes. Get your plate or glass pan and coffee filters. Take 3 or 4 filters put them together and dump your mixture into the filters. Be sure to try and fold the top of the filters together after adding the mixture this will prevent your filters from letting your liquid drip out the top. Let all the liquid drain through the filters onto the plate or glass pan. once this is done let the iso evaporate in the plate or pan and there you have it. Take your razor blade and scrape the hash from the plate or pan and its time to smoke. REMEMBER the better the bud and trimmings the better your hash will be. any questions please email me. ENJOY:p

How dry are is your stuff before processing?

stonedsmithy said:
yeah mate the longer you leave it the more oil ya gonna get but its just crap,over here in nz we call it greenie or comercial ya gotta smoke a heap of it to get a lil stoned an it tastes like arse cozz its got all the (LANGUAGE EDIT. PLEASE, NO CURSING ON THIS SITE) stuff from the plant matter aswell hence the more dark green colour to it.When i brew i use 2-4 litres per pound soak it for no longer than 5mins an usally get around 42 caps or a large kinda suprise cap full of nice honey oil.I cook the iso off though because otherwise sitting it somewhere it would take weeks in weeks for the iso to vaporise off.When cooking it out it only takes around a hour an half

Hi!
How dry is your stuff before you process it and what's the proportion of Iso to bud?

dry as dont try it when ya leaf is still wet.For a pound a leaf ill use 4 litres,what ever that is in gallons i dont know might be 3.5litres to a gallon or something,an yeah i usally just use leaf id rather smoke my bud but if i got males or hermies ill use that to

Like I said on my thread, did the "Ice Cream Man" chuck his stuff in his terrace pools wet or was he air drying for a week or two before (re: "Soft Secrets" article)?

I think you guys are a lil off topic or are confused on what you are talking about....

If you are using bubblebags, ice, or buckets and powerdrills... ur making hash....
If you are using a solvent... like... Iso, vodka, 151, butane or whatever... ur making hash oil. Once the walls of the trichomes are broken down it isnt normal 'hash' nemore.
Honey oil is another topic... I can't find anyone that knows exactly what they are talking about when it comes to honey oil... it seems to be a lost technique in my neck of the woods. I'm assuming it comes down to a lot of filtering? anyone know? a nice pm wouldn't be too bad.

ANYONE EVER USE 100% ACETONE??????????????????????????
It all 100% evaporates completely and your left with nothing but what you're doing this for!!!!
Respond Please

just a quick question i'm going to be doing this with 3 large male plants what do you recommend i sub the glass jar with since all three plants won't fit in a glass jar or should i put it in several glass jars ?

your comment >>> ANYONE EVER USE 100% ACETONE??????????????????????????
It all 100% evaporates completely and your left with nothing but what you're doing this for!!!!
Respond Please

its used as a nail varnish remover and used for making plastic etc etc, you want thr remains of its evaporate in your body?

read this .....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetone

Latest posts

Back