isolating CBD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bleek187

higher than captain kirk
Reaction score
i can not find much info on this. I want to extract ONLY CBDs in a tincture. I was watching this show "marijuana county" where some guy supposedly did this. The guy put trimmings into alcohol in a tube and then through some other chemical process got the THC and CBD to separate in the tube. He then syphoned off the layer with only CBDs, but i can not find any info on this procedure and am not sure it's even real.

I know that the flash point for CBD is higher that that of THC. Maybe i could Vape the THC off of the trimmings and then put the trimmings into alcohol to extract the remaining CBDs. So i guess thats one way.

I was thinking about making an alcohol tincture with the trimmings and then heating the water till the THC evaporates leaving just the CBDs??? I am not sure if this would work at all.

Any info on this?

there are some guys who cook there oil once it is done apparently a kicker used by medical smokers for pain that should be high cbd

Hmmm. So i guess there isn't much info out there about this.

Very interested in this myself

You would have to have a cbd only strain. You can't isolate the cbd from a hybrid. Only cbd would probably have to be hemp.

While there may be a way to extract and separate different cannabinoids (although I have never heard of any), this is almost certainly a process that would require expensive equipment and knowledge and not something the average grower would be able to do. I agree with Rosebud...if you only want CBD, you want hemp.

And U still gonna get traces of THC !
I think in Texas they allow .3 % ? -- Must have something to do with drug screen ?-- Because for effect U would want them both -- CBD only is like clapping with one hand !-- It's half of a medicine !

Keef, I don't know if you've found an answer, but if you are only interested in CBD, would a tiny (less than .5%, thus not psychoactive - won't get you high - but enough to boost the CBD and give you the entourage effect, which is always better) amt of THC be acceptable for your needs? If so, cultivators are breeding high potency CBD hemp these days, which you can buy, and make your own tinctures or fully extracted oil(feco - like RSO, but using Everclear or other high proof alcohol - not isopropyl or any other dangerous solvents!)

Tinc - wasn't me asking a question !-- I'm fairly up to speed on the extracts and how to use them !-- 20 years as a surgical assistant /EMT -- Came around a corner too fast one day and hit a wet spot -- The fall shattered my face and bulged several disc in my neck -and sometimes my brain chemistry gets screwed up from the Traumatic Brain Injury-- After losing most of a decade as a legal morphine junkie -- I found another way !-- I could use some stronger CBD plants - I perfer half high THC-- half high CBD in my caps -- but my indicas decarbed and taken by mouth do help with pain and seem to help keep my brain chemistry leveled out -- I try to take 3 doses a day -- it's easy to take too much !-- I like to be able to function so I usually go with dry decarb packed into empty gel caps with some food !-- For me smoking is for pleasure and eating it is medicine ! -- One day maybe Texas will let me use my medicine legally ?-- but I'm not holding my breath !

I want a fast finishing high CBD indica !--
Other high proof alcohol ?-- U mean Moonshine don't U ?-- I brew !-- A machine to recover alcohol cooked off RSO ?-- Same as a still ?--

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back