It's boring and its only getting worse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.KNOWITALL

Reaction score
Does anyone play PS3? I play Call of Duty: Black Ops to be precise. :cool:
Its been down and wow there is nothing on T.V. and my head hurts from too much school. (not medication....)

there has been a major cyber attack on the ps3 network and sony think the attackers could have stolen credit card details so if you have paid for any of their services with plastic make sure you do something about it.

(Reuters) - Sony Corp's (6758.T) No.2 Kazuo Hirai will brief media on Sunday about a huge security breach of its PlayStation Network, the first time an executive of the Japanese electronics giant will publicly address the case, which could prompt global legal actions.

Hirai, in line to succeed CEO Howard Stringer, will hold a news conference in Tokyo at 2:00 p.m. (0500 GMT) on Sony's investigation of the case, its information management system and the schedule to resume services, the firm said in a news release on Saturday.

Sony warned on Tuesday that hackers had stolen names, addresses, and possibly credit card details from 77 million user accounts of its online video game network, which produces an estimated $500 million in annual revenues.

The disclosure of one of the biggest ever online data infiltrations came on Tuesday, a week after Sony shut down the network. Executives made no mention of the crisis hours earlier that day when they launched its first tablet computer.

The delay prompted anger among online users, although company said it was due to a forensic investigation.

It could lead to legal action around the globe and pose a challenge for Hirai, who Stringer has said is in pole position to succeed him.

lol, I play on 360....made it to lvl 41 on solo zombies before turning the game off the other night, th Red Wings game was coming on and I'd been in that game for 2 hours as it was! Fun stuff when it's raining all day and night!

Well wouldn't you be getting the obvious bill that your credit card has been charged if they took the info.?? Who knows??? Something smells fishy here...

no no.. first of all.. your CC info is on your PS.. not on the PSN... so your credit card info is fine... and to answer your question

YESSSSSS

i play PS3 all tha time.. but these nerds decided to crash the network to show how "cool" they are to all the other mega nerds and so now PlayStation decided they needed to rebuild there network from the bottom up for better security.. pshhhhh

i play COD BO also.. and MW2 and World at war sometimes lol... but i had been on that homefront for a little while rite before the crash.. SUCKS 2 man ive been bored outta my mind.. cant play my homeboys in tiger woods.. cant murderize people in madden... cant get chopper gunner kill streak rewards with the shotgun .. lol AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH i miss online PS

the one thing im thinking is all your COD online info will prolly be lost.. so if your level 5 prestige you most likely gonna hafta start over at 0

it better be fixed by tha time Battlefield 3 comes out tho for real

Bleek187 said:
it better be fixed by tha time Battlefield 3 comes out tho for real

If you play first person shooters on a console such as the PS3 or the 360, then frankly.....you are not a true gamer. I'm not trying to anger anyone or step on any toes, but for gaming and first person shooters you need to be playing on a pc. When Battlefield 2142 came out (at least I think it was 2142, I could be wrong), they tested servers that allowed both pc and console gamers to play together. They immediately stopped. The console gamers were utterly destroyed every time they tried to play. That is why first person shooter online games have different servers for console and pc gamers. The bottom line is you can not beat a mouse with an analog stick. If I want to point at you, I move my mouse. If you want to point at me, you have to push the analog stick over and wait for the cursor to scroll over to me. By that time I have filled you with more led than a pencil factory. :D

-SSF-

yea.. but i like to kick back with my ps3 controler in my hand and merk fools.. im not into the whole using a mouse and a keyboard to play a game.. now ill give you maybe you can aim faster with a mouse.. but wheres tha skill in that? the harder the better.. and i like having everything i need to do play the game rite there on that one controler that fits rite in my hand.. its so much easyer than trying to keep your fingers on A W R and whatever other keys the game uses..plus i cant lay back on my couch with a mouse and keyboard in my hands..

ive been playing video games as long as i can remember.. atari.. with the stick and one button.. nintendo.. playstation 1 2 and 3.. saga.. saga cd. game cube. x box. all of them.. ive tyred playing games on pc maybe 5 times... not for me.. but to each his own

Well said Bleek. :yeahthat:

I'm really about just having fun and enjoying the game. I have tried both; I started with sega and nintendo 64 as a kid, then went on to ps2. I got tired of that and got off games for a bit. When I started playing again, I wanted shooter games so I bought Half Life 2 and played that online. It was hella fun, and I also tried this game called The Ship, which the plot seemed boring but when you get into it all medicated... it could be fun like anything else! :watchplant:

Then I went on to PS3 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare...haven't stopped playing it till then. Playing online can get addicting I will say but it is only due to how much fun you have while you play. To anyone who wants to find some pass time, I would highly suggest it. Not just the shooter games but gaming in general. Whatever flows your boat, there is something for you out there.

For shooting games, definitely PC. The competition is way more fierce.
But some games are just more fun sitting on the couch, those I get on xbox :D

Bip, bop . . . bip, bop . . . merkk . .. (another one bites the dust)
bip, bop . . bip, bop . . . merkk . . . (and another one's gone)
etc

Roddy said:
lol, I play on 360....made it to lvl 41 on solo zombies before turning the game off the other night, th Red Wings game was coming on and I'd been in that game for 2 hours as it was! Fun stuff when it's raining all day and night!
I have only made it to 29 on solo and i didnt have to turn mine off cause my pens are out of it :( . Im glad i have a 360 so i can still play online for now till they get hacked lol

SensiStarFan said:
If you play first person shooters on a console such as the PS3 or the 360, then frankly.....you are not a true gamer. I'm not trying to anger anyone or step on any toes, but for gaming and first person shooters you need to be playing on a pc. When Battlefield 2142 came out (at least I think it was 2142, I could be wrong), they tested servers that allowed both pc and console gamers to play together. They immediately stopped. The console gamers were utterly destroyed every time they tried to play. That is why first person shooter online games have different servers for console and pc gamers. The bottom line is you can not beat a mouse with an analog stick. If I want to point at you, I move my mouse. If you want to point at me, you have to push the analog stick over and wait for the cursor to scroll over to me. By that time I have filled you with more led than a pencil factory. :D

-SSF-
Its just much cheaper and easier to buy a xbox and hook it up to my 65in hdtv and kick back in my recliner after working a 14hrs day in a metal fab shop

And all the 12 year olds already kick my but as it is on xbox live i would never make it on a pc

sickbiker said:
And all the 12 year olds already kick my but as it is on xbox live i would never make it on a pc

That's one of the upsides of PC gaming, way less brats as most of them can only afford xbox's :)
Not to say there isn't some total d-bag PC gamers, it's just an older crowd for the most part.

What is a good multiplayer shooter game out on PC right now?

I used to play Half Life online which is similar to Counterstrike. So something of that genre is what mainly interests me but I'm open to others.

Dr.KNOWITALL said:

I used to play Half Life online which is similar to Counterstrike. So something of that genre is what mainly interests me but I'm open to others.

I'm just waiting for Battlefield 3 to come out, but that isn't until roughly November. I play online games and I have an X-Box 360, but I only play home titles on the 360, it isn't even hooked up to online. I truly beieve that online gaming is better on a pc and once you get used to the mouse and keyboard controls, you end up liking it more than a joystick. The only main drawback in my opinion when comparing pc versus console online games, is that pc online games get hacked a lot more. For example when I was playing Battlefield 2142 I almost always had to play for a few minutes on a couple different servers before I found one where people were not using hacks such as aimbot.

-SSF-

Yeah there we go!!!! lol :rofl: You nailed it Sensi about the hackers. I had forgotten about that and it was the reason I stopped playing PC. I remember some had crazy stuff going on...but that ain't to say you won't find hackers/cheaters in console games...

i had a room mate for awhile.. we would get blazed everynight and take turns playing modern warfair.. mad fun.. but back in tha day on PS2.. the best game i ever played.. 2 player.. black hawk down.. mannnnnn.. that game on 2 player was AWESOME...

like sickbiker said.. i kick back and play ps3 on my 65" plazma and kill folk.. dont even hafta get off the couch to turn it on.. just hit tha button on my controler and BEEP.. its on..

Dr.KNOWITALL said:

Team Fortress 2! By far my favorite multiplayer PC game evar. It's a 'class based' shooter, lots of different characters with their own traits and weapons. It's made by Valve who made Half Life, but is quite a bit different, very cartoony. Check it out sometime, it's usually $20 on steam but they take it down to $10 every now and then. Well worth the loot IMO.

Latest posts

Back