Give your lungs a break from the cigs and vape crap save you lungs for “weed only“ and get some decent weed so you don’t cough your head off. Big is right don’t expect that teenage buzz that you remembered from back then. You’re a big boy now. Good luckI'm looking for advice on getting high again. High at least "close" to how I used to get high. Here's some data for your diagnoses:
I wanna get high again. I'm willing to give my lungs a break, but I'd really love to have a alternate method that works for me or some solution to quicken my path to bakedness. Thanks for any input you have!
- I started smoking in HS
- I used to get high off 1-2 puffs (body and head buzz, with especially strong affects "behind my eyes")
- I restarted smoking weekly again in my 40s
- Similar as in HS, it only took me 1-2 puffs
- I've used delta8 and delta9 edibles over this time and could feel the effects within 45-60 mins using 5-15 mg
- I've been a daily cannabis smoker/user for most of this year (mainly to replace my alcohol consumption of about 375 ml of 40% abv per day)
- (Not sure if there's any correlation here, but) I made my first batch of green dragon with 28 g decarded flower (YaHemi strain using dry crockpot at 250F for 40-50 mins) using 24 oz (which I now know is too much) 190 proof Everclear which I evaporated down to 1 oz.
- I tested the green dragon tincture I made by mixing what I had left with some VG to make 30 ml of tincture. I estimated that 1 drop (0.05 ml) contained about 2.8 mg of THC at 100% decarb/extraction. I then asked my wife (not a regular cannabis user) to try 2 drops and she said she could feel it after 30 mins and it was edging on TOO much for her. Considering her past experiences, I'd say she experienced a high comparable to what a 5 mg edible gave her. This confirmed for me that my tincture contained approximately the mg of THC I calculated.
- At first it was way too hot to use under my tongue, but I tried several times. The first night I felt something from it (I think) it took significantly longer to kick in than what I was expecting. Perhaps over 2 hours (a first for me). I tried 2 ml earlier in the day and 2 more ml 30-60 mins before bed.
- I woke up still feeling a bit high, which was a first for me too. So all these crazy long-acting effects without any big crescendo of a high like I've been used to.
- Days later, I started coughing during smoking/vaping sessions way more extreme than what I was used to. It got so extreme that I felt like my lungs were collapsing (not really, but not sure how else to describe it), my head would pound after, and my heart even seemed to be pounding too. Since the cough I have not been able to get remotely as high as I expect/desire.
- I got a chest x-ray and saw my doc about it. X-ray was good. My breathing is a little restricted, but could just be from the wet cough I have. I was prescribed an inhaler with some steroids and Mucinex and have been taking for 5 days.
- In my attempts to get high over this last couple weeks, I've been relying on edibles more and only trying vaping (beside a few joints that seem to be the best chance for me to feel something). I'm currently taking about 500 mg of delta8 at a time to feel a little something 2-3 hours later. I've even taken 200 mg, wait 1 hr, 200 mg more, wait 1 hr, 300 mg more, for just a minor buzz. I've tried THC-O tinctures too with disappointing results.
- After several days of not being able to get high, and not wanting to return to alcohol, I attempted psybicilin a couple times. The first at what I estimated was 0.3 g (my food scale wasn't precise enough to read it). That was a pleasant experience. A bit more vibrancy to sensory experiences. The second at what I estimated was 1.0 g (which I now assume was a wrong estimate based on volume). I tripped balls and was outta my skull, which was not pleasant or expected. I've since bought a more precise scale. Not sure if this is a factor, but included it JIC.
- Yesterday was my first day giving my lungs a complete break (no nicotine/cannabis vaping or smoking). I know that ideally I would just give my lungs a 2-3 week break, but it's really hard when a main medication (THC/cannabis) isn't having the same effect on me and smoking has been my preferred delivery method (and edibles aren't even working).
Good advice. I just bought some biscotti today and it's WAY better than what I was smoking before. Almost no coughing and I'm getting a buzz now. I need to be more patient.Give your lungs a break from the cigs and vape crap save you lungs for “weed only“ and get some decent weed so you don’t cough your head off. Big is right don’t expect that teenage buzz that you remembered from back then. You’re a big boy now. Good luck
Enter your email address to join:
Register today and take advantage of membership benefits.
Enter your email address to join: