It's the least wonderful time of the year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hamster Lewis said:
Being a UPS Driver I don't really need to go into just how much I hate Xmas.....

I know the feeling Hammie. I work for a non profit providing hunger relief. This time of year is a double edged sword for us. It's great to see all the people, companies, and other organizations so generous and full of giving this time of year, but on the flip side, we are working 12-14 hours a day because of the increase. I worked every Sunday for 3 weeks leading up to Thanksgiving and even worked on Thanksgiving day. We fed over 300 people. It's good work, but it's hard to enjoy your holidays with loved ones while working so many hours.

The positive side of it all is we are much slower in the summer time, leaving plenty of time for fishing & outdoor gardening!

Happy #*@!ng Holidays everyone:D

MC

kidos chowder! THAT is the Christmas spirit :)

Ruffy said:
well id say, as a kid you should like it! i was 8 yrs old, dec 23 when my mom died in a apt fire from to much wisky and smoking.
My aunt died on the same day in 1995 from cancer and probably from the fact that my uncle had died earlier that year. They had been married forever. That helped kill Christmas completely for me.

I believe the Bible is true (to each their own), and nowhere in it does it give a date for Christ's birth. (That was another fact that turned me off of Christmas.) The date is a combination of two Pagan holidays, Saturnalia and Yule. One of the few good things about observing it as a "Christian" holiday is that it gets normally self-serving Christians to do charity work and help people other than themselves for a change. This is getting too theological for this forum, so I will clam up on the religious chitchat.

In the late 90s, years after I had stopped observing Christmas, my mom and I--she was devout, I am not--would go feed homeless people in downtown San Francisco on Dec 25 (we did the same thing throughout the year). Giving to needy people is a cure for a day that makes me miserable. The fact that I am a Grinch doesn't mean I need to hate the Whos.

YYZ Skinhead said:
My aunt died on the same day in 1995 from cancer and probably from the fact that my uncle had died earlier that year. They had been married forever. That helped kill Christmas completely for me.

I believe the Bible is true (to each their own), and nowhere in it does it give a date for Christ's birth. (That was another fact that turned me off of Christmas.) The date is a combination of two Pagan holidays, Saturnalia and Yule. One of the few good things about observing it as a "Christian" holiday is that it gets normally self-serving Christians to do charity work and help people other than themselves for a change. This is getting too theological for this forum, so I will clam up on the religious chitchat.

In the late 90s, years after I had stopped observing Christmas, my mom and I--she was devout, I am not--would go feed homeless people in downtown San Francisco on Dec 25 (we did the same thing throughout the year). Giving to needy people is a cure for a day that makes me miserable. The fact that I am a Grinch doesn't mean I need to hate the Whos.

...especially little Cindy lou Who...:)

what do santa clause and tiger woods have in common..............

HO HO HO's!!!!!

I got a christmas box down from the attic. I think i might ((decorate)). Will i be kicked out of the hate christmas club?

never rose!! put up the decorations, then get us some pics. i dont think the girls want any decorating thoe, just singing by rose lol

Rosebud said:
I got a christmas box down from the attic. I think i might ((decorate)). Will i be kicked out of the hate christmas club?

You go girl! Mrs. BB has been going at it. Looks and smells great here. It's as good as you make it.

Latest posts

Back