It's the least wonderful time of the year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
Calling all fellow Grinches and Scrooges. I used to like the "Christmas season" when I was a kid, but I can't stand most of it now. The color scheme, the smell of real conifer trees, the good grub and A Charlie Brown Christmas are about all Christmas has going for it as far as I am concerned. For one thing, it doesn't snow in Hell Lay.

I wish schools still observed Christmas so I could serve elementary school kids roast venison and tell them it's Rudolph. In lieu of a snowman I am thinking of building a gallows and hanging a Santa Claus effigy from it. :grinch:

Ever since Grandma got run over by a reindeer, Christmas hasn't been the same

As a kid it's all about presents and not having to go to school.

It was great for me, esp once I hit 15. It was mostly just my dad and I enabling eachother with lots of consumption of beer, whisky and cigarettes, and a lil pot mixed in. His girlfriends, my boyfriends lots of great happy cheer. I say this fondly. :D I looked forward to it year after year. Dreaded the next morning I had to jet off to moms for her lame xmas even tho she gave a lot of $$ as gifts.

Then you get married. 1 xmas becomes 2, then 3 once kids are born, even more if divorce factors in. My family, his family, our own, etc...gets so tiresome. The kids love it. That's what matters most. Christmas is for the kids. I remember that and try to get thru it.

My dad hated xmas too. He and I are alike in so many ways. We made the most of it. It wasn't bad at all. Just us and a few of our friends. Lots of eggnog, lol. I lost my dad in 07 and the holiday is even more sucky now.

Bah humbug.

Things went downhill when Santa started drinking too much and staying out all night with his ho, ho, ho.

Well I did the post in Christmas green to brighten things up...:p

To all my fellow stoners that aren't so looking forward to this Christmas for whatever reason, know this...I too am in your boat. This is going to be a lonely holiday for muah and I'm not much looking forward to it. We'll be with ya in spirit. Keep growing all and here's to better days. :48:

Lets get through it together, might help to have a complaint thread. Thanks yyz.

The economic results from Black Friday were the most positive numbers I've seen all year. We need some positive news on this front because most other indicators are still looking a little scary.

Yeah, it's commercialized. So what? It is what you make of it. Ho Ho Ho.

I don't mind that it is commercialized. I don't need to have that kind of holiday. I think when things happen at christmas it is magnified. So you associate all the grief that has happened with the holiday. I actually don't hate the actual day, when it is done and we can relax. I have let go of the perfect holiday years ago. And like SM you miss those people. It will get better for you SM.

I don't care that it's commercialized because most holidays are. (Most Biblical historians say Jesus was born in the fall, anyway.) I stay in my house all day for probably 300 days out of a year, but sometimes I need to shop for groceries and growing paraphernalia and I don't dig plowing through rabid packs of sweaty predatory holiday junkies and not being able to find the tools I need because they were replaced by aggressively-advertised toys. Maybe I need a cattle prod.

BBFan said:
The economic results from Black Friday were the most positive numbers I've seen all year. We need some positive news on this front because most other indicators are still looking a little scary.

Yeah, it's commercialized. So what? It is what you make of it. Ho Ho Ho.

I blame the stores for a lot of the riotous actions the black friday sales bring. Purposeful limitations of stock, locked doors until time for sales to begin leading to stampeding crowds (thought we learned our lessons with those deadly concerts)...all in the name of the almighty $$

Rosebud said:
I don't mind that it is commercialized. I don't need to have that kind of holiday. I think when things happen at christmas it is magnified. So you associate all the grief that has happened with the holiday. I actually don't hate the actual day, when it is done and we can relax. I have let go of the perfect holiday years ago. And like SM you miss those people. It will get better for you SM.

I agree, Rosie, the day itself is a beautiful thing; family together, a great meal. Later, it's visiting with friends and relaxing while smoking a nice fatty to Christmas!

I love Xmas, i guess im just a big kid, but when the holidays are over and its time to go back to work, i need a holiday.

I love Christmas too dman although its the time of the year when we get less sun and shorter days. ( That can be depressing to me) but I love all the cheer and it reminds me of being a kid up in Mass in the snow and smoking bowls of weed and watching snowflakes. everything glistened and was magical. lol crazy huh.

Being a UPS Driver I don't really need to go into just how much I hate Xmas..... Does anybody actually go to the dam stores anymore? Everyone orders crap online.

As for keeping Christ in Xmas....well let's just say I believe the bible is a book full of fairy tales. Organized religion has done more harm then good over the 1000's of years in my opinion.

well id say, as a kid you should like it! i was 8 yrs old, dec 23 when my mom died in a apt fire from to much wisky and smoking. then drugs took ahold of me i partied to forget cause my family didnt give a s&*^. now im older i love xmas time. i have no kids to ***** @ what they didnt get, no running from home to home. i have a tree(real) loads of snow and my 2 cats to enjoy good food with, beer & weed to chill with, skies to ski on when all are with there family, and a hot tub and fatty (dube) to smoke when i get home. forget what people think and make the best of what you have. dont be down! put on a smile and enjoy. merry xmas everyone

they say disneyland is the "happiest place on earth" and i am going on the 18th---:lama:

Latest posts

Back