its time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozer42

Reaction score
i would like to thank every one for getting my plants to where they are now.

i am going to put out half of my plants out this week. i am unable to take my plants out side to get them use to the od. i looked at our weather forcast and for the next week it is suspose to be in the upper 60's with cloudy skys and chances of rain. the lows are in the lower 40's to upper 40's.

my plants are 2 months old and seem to be prety tough. do you think they will adjust to the od conditions fine being that they are not extreme? any other hints would be help full.

A little more info would be helpful, such as the current conditions in the grow room and the size of the plants.

If they are super-healthy and have been raised in a growroom with a fan (for stem stregth) they may not suffer much from wind.

40's is pretty cold--maybe fatally so if the growroom temps are in the 70's.
If you are able to, you could downardly adjust the temp in the growroom to lessen the shock.

Also, I'd recommend staking the plants to keep them from falling over due to rain.

well the temp is suspose to be 39 the night that i will be puting them od. then mid to lower 50 the rest of the time.

my plants are about foot and half tall. i have a fan blowing full blast on them and i spray with water about 4 or 5 times a day. the temp stays about 70-75 during light and 65-70 during dark.

dozer42 said:
well the temp is suspose to be 39 the night that i will be puting them od. then mid to lower 50 the rest of the time.

my plants are about foot and half tall. i have a fan blowing full blast on them and i spray with water about 4 or 5 times a day. the temp stays about 70-75 during light and 65-70 during dark.

Without the oppurtunity to harden them off, the will suffer some shock. Though doubtfully it will do a great amount of harm, you will most likely suffer some sun burn and or wind burn. Cloudy conditions could be in your favor, allowing them to adjust somewhat, to the new intensity. As long as you don't recieve beating rain.
I have a few OD at present that have been withstanding upper 30-lower 40's at night. They will withstand those temps, but they won't do much growing that chilly.

Latest posts

Back