I've got some bugs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novitius

Reaction score
Hey! My seedlings are under attack. There's some kind of worm or larvae.
Can anyone identify and recommend treatment? This damage happened over 24 hours.

Attachments

• 15844755853074803918245457896293.jpg
    15844755853074803918245457896293.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 60
@novitius lil late to the party, but from what i can tell those are thrips. is this what you found out and what did you do to exterminate them? what substrate are you using as it looks to have a lot of mulch?

Hey doc, they just keep coming back.
I think I bought some bad soil at one point.
I had fungus gnats but they're good now.
The soil in that cup is roots organics, recommended by the guy, 707 I think. It's a brown camo like bag. Not really liking it.
I used Captain Jack to nock em off but they just come back? At least they aren't mites.

i used diatomaceous earth to put on top of soil (be careful as it's not good to get in your lungs, keep moist). the crystalline shape of it will slash the babies as they hatch and make their way out of the soil and then i released ladybugs. i stay away from chem sprays and even neem oil. the only roots product i use is cocopalms, but that 707 looks too much like mulch for my liking. good luck

Thanks for the tips on the d Earth doc. The 707 is a mix of soil, Coco and peat iirc. I know there's soil n Coco. I prefer ocean forest but I was willing to try something new. I have roots cal mag but that seems to be doing it's job well enough.

i used diatomaceous earth to put on top of soil (be careful as it's not good to get in your lungs, keep moist). the crystalline shape of it will slash the babies as they hatch and make their way out of the soil and then i released ladybugs. i stay away from chem sprays and even neem oil. the only roots product i use is cocopalms, but that 707 looks too much like mulch for my liking. good luck
Good advice. Thats great stuff. Just dontget itall over you. Its plants but like littleglass shards. It will get rid of them.

Latest posts

Back