Jack White

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amateur Grower

Blending in...
Reaction score
Any of you music lovers out there checked out Jack White's new album Blunderbuss? I love pretty much all music-no jazz (I don't know why)- and I'm surprised how much I like this album.

AG

Sorry friend cant says I know this here Jack feller what might he sing that I might have heard?

BWD

Jeeeez, ya scared me, when i saw the thread title i thought oh no is Jack dead, its the way things have been going lately, I'm a fan of his for sure.:D

Amateur Grower said:
Any of you music lovers out there checked out Jack White's new album Blunderbuss? I love pretty much all music-no jazz (I don't know why)- and I'm surprised how much I like this album.

AG

Jack is hella talented....I have all his work with the many many bands, projects he has done. His new album is refreshingly different. Took a cpl listens to grow on me but it is a really good album.

When i saw this thread I thought it was a cross between Jack herer and white widow...lol....i really need to get out more!

Rosebud said:
When i saw this thread I thought it was a cross between Jack herer and white widow...lol....i really need to get out more!

Have to admit, name didn't ring a bell with me either...

Roddy said:
Have to admit, name didn't ring a bell with me either...

Jack White started the band White Stripes. Their big hit you might have heard was 7 Nation Army. His music is probably considered "alternative" but he's produced Loretta Lynn and many others. He's a very talented producer, writer, musician, etc. If you get a chance, give Blunderbuss a listen.

AG

Rosebud said:

LOL--Rosebud, I thought the exact same thing....jeez I'm getting old.....never heard of White Stripes either. On the plus side, I DO know who Loretta Lynn is!

I DO know who Loretta Lynn is!

"Oh I was born a coal miner's daughter" :eek: :)

Amateur Grower said:
Jack White started the band White Stripes. Their big hit you might have heard was 7 Nation Army. His music is probably considered "alternative" but he's produced Loretta Lynn and many others. He's a very talented producer, writer, musician, etc. If you get a chance, give Blunderbuss a listen.

AG

OK, I have heard of White Stripes, THANKS!!

Thought it was some kind on plant also.

So just out of curiousity, what kinds of music do you listen to? I would have really expected a LOT of MP'ers to know and comment on Jack White.

AG

Amateur Grower said:
So just out of curiousity, what kinds of music do you listen to? I would have really expected a LOT of MP'ers to know and comment on Jack White.

AG

My list is endless...:D

Here are some of them:

Favorite all time band: Led Zeppelin
Favorite current band: Queens of the Stone Age
Current music during my commute to work: the new Silver Sun Pickups disc.

Other favorites:
Clutch
Silver Sun Pickups
The doors
AC DC
White stripes
Old zz top
Jimi Hendrix
Rage against the machine
System of a Down
Fear factory
Old black sabbath
Metallica
Le Tigre
Bikini Kill

Hamster Lewis said:
My list is endless...:D

Here are some of them:

Favorite all time band: Led Zeppelin
Favorite current band: Queens of the Stone Age
Thanks for the tip. I just watched Queens of the Stone Age on youtube-no one knows, I think? Dave Grohl was playing the drums. I like them a lot!

AG

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--Rosebud, I thought the exact same thing....jeez I'm getting old.....never heard of White Stripes either. On the plus side, I DO know who Loretta Lynn is!

Hey THG if ya like Lorretta Lynn you should check out this song by Jack white, its not a lorretta song but its a Dolly cover.

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULVROplV07g&feature=related

i like this one myself

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf1ZmTxXTEw

If you don't know the White Stripes or Jack White, you owe it to yourself to at least check him out.

Link to Ball and Biscuit..a good starting place.

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnTb0PfbSoE&feature=related

Love Interruption....for everyone who has been bitten in the arse by love :)

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iErNRBTPbEc

I'm Shakin'....one of the few covers Jack does-he's quite an original song writer. If you don't tap your foot or move your body during this song, you might want to check your pulse-YOU MIGHT BE DEAD.. :)

AG

Latest posts

Back