Jacks classic with micro nutes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkyelements

Reaction score
20-20-20 Water soluble plant food with micro nutes. Anyone heard of or have opinions on?

I have never heard of it. I use products made for marijuana. However, depending on what the micro nutes are, it may be okay for vegging, but you need a fertilizer with a lot less N for flowering.

I think its chemical based anyway just wondering i heard a few things. I have organic neptunes harvest fish fertilizer 2-4-1 but i dont know how far that will get me.
I need to get my hands on some products made for mj!!!
Now im about to start flowering and not sure what to do:eek:

leafminer- thanks, prob too late to use now though huh? Im about a week away from flower i just need to give them something if you check out my thread pistils before 12/12 pics...............

stinkyelements said:
20-20-20 Water soluble plant food with micro nutes. Anyone heard of or have opinions on?

I have used it for close to 40 years with excellent results. Blossom Booster (10-30-20 IIRC), is good for flowering. They have been around for years, used to be called Peters and most commercial nursery's use it. They have at least 30+ different formulations for different needs.

I'm also doing organics now, and it is a whole new ballgame.:holysheep:

MJ only nutes is pretty much advertising hype to separate newbs and inexperienced growers from $$$$ they really don't need to spend.:hubba:

MJ is a plant like any other, nothing special, and using the same 14 or so essential elements needed for growth. Different amounts of each perhaps, but that is the growers task.

It would be interesting to note, how many EXPERIENCED gardeners actually use overpriced, watered down nutes with the pretty labels and almost mystical ad copy that goes with them?:farm:

Very few, I would bet.;)

DD

droopy i bet your right too.
I like to use organics i have neptunes harvest fish fert 2-4-1 but will that help alone or at this point or at all without anything else? The only nutes they've had is whats in the soil and a small dose of NH. What do you recommend i can do at this point, check out my last thread pics, they need something now i want to flower with healthy girls soon. but dont want to jump into using jacks

stinkyelements said:
droopy i bet your right too.
I like to use organics i have neptunes harvest fish fert 2-4-1 but will that help alone or at this point or at all without anything else? The only nutes they've had is whats in the soil and a small dose of NH. What do you recommend i can do at this point, check out my last thread pics, they need something now i want to flower with healthy girls soon. but dont want to jump into using jacks

NH is good stuff, but as noted in another thread, you have already done chemical with the MG soil.

The Jacks has all the micros you need and a LIGHT (1/4-1/2 strength), shot right now isn't going to hurt anything and is quickly available to the plant.

With all the stress you have put them under, I would give them a LIGHT shot of the Jack's (1/4 strength), let them go for a week, then observe. If better, perhaps a 1/2 strength shot and observe another week.

FORGET about flowering for the moment, relax, let the girls catch their breath.

Putting them into flower if they aren't at the peak of health is just going to lead to more problems and wasted effort.

Perhaps sticking with Jack's for THIS grow might be your best bet on the KISS principal.:hubba:

The reason I say this is, I'm an experienced gardener of many years. I'm just now getting into organics and have run into so many problems getting my nutes balanced I'm questioning my own ability.:doh: :hairpull:

NEVER had problems using Jack's (Peter's in the old days), and killed my plants making other mistakes.:rolleyes: I learned over time and many dead plants.:holysheep: But the nutes stayed constant.

Now that most of the other mistakes have been made and learned from, I can start all over again with the organics making new mistakes. LOL

Do you see my point?

DD

I'm right behind ya Droopy...wanting to give 100% organics a try...been fooled by false advertisement enough...trying to gain a little knowledge on it, and us up a stock of nutes

Droopy- I definitely see where your coming from, im gonna try a few things and see how each work out maybe, but i think trying to balance out the organic nutes and experiment on these girls will be more risky? so u say stay with the jacks on this huh, what kind of effect on the crop can i expect?

Despite all the hoo raa and rants, in a blind test of properly grown, same strain, same conditions,mj, I doubt if 1 in 10 smokers could tell the difference between organically grown or one done with chemical ferts.

How many commercial growers do you think grow organically? Or, for that matter use the very expensive chemical nutes with the pretty labels?

It would be economic suicide, yet I've had some very tasty buds where the grower bought his ferts in 25# bags, as we all have. I myself, have never seen organic pot for sale.

When I first started, all I had was Peters (Jack's) and it worked quite well, because I was using it in my greenhouse and very familiar with it.

It's not WHAT you have, but how you work with it and make it work for you.

DD

DD- Yea i know, its true too, I just want to grow the dopest dope I can smoke personally, haha. I just like the idea of growing organically or at all for that matter but you hear about the better results and so on. Its been a good learning experience and im gettin there.
You make vey good points though too your the man.

Why did you not continue using jacks? Are you working on the organics or some other ferts?

Actually, I would say that most of the EXPERIENCED growers on here who do not grow organic DO use those "overpriced, watered down nutes with the pretty labels and almost mystical ad copy that goes with them". Most of us here use GH, or AN, or FF, or Botanicare, etc, etc

The Hemp Goddess said:
Actually, I would say that most of the EXPERIENCED growers on here who do not grow organic DO use those "overpriced, watered down nutes with the pretty labels and almost mystical ad copy that goes with them". Most of us here use GH, or AN, or FF, or Botanicare, etc, etc

Actually, I said Gardeners, not Growers.

Big difference in the amount needed for say a 10'x10' grow room vs a, say 500 sq ft+ garden.

At the height of the season, with everything in full grow, mixing up and using 75 gallons of ferts/week is more the norm than anything. In contrast, my mj uses perhaps 8-10 gallons/week.

DD

stinkyelements said:
Why did you not continue using jacks? Are you working on the organics or some other ferts?

I still am using the Jack's on one mother plant and a couple of clones, just in case ........:D

Learning the organics, I'm basically a newb again and having problems with lockout, burn, and all the fun stuff.:eek:

So, I have a couple set aside where I know what I'm doing, so I don't wipe out all my plants with one uh oh.:holysheep:

I really thought that switching to organics would be easy, but there is more of a learning curve than I counted on.:hairpull:

Still fun though.:D

DD

I used Fox Farm "Peace of Mind,Tomato and vegetable fert" in my veggie garden this past yr. The results were great...I only spent 14 bucks, on 2 boxes that covered my whole garden. I also compost to, so I'm sure that added to my success. But I know that the guano's and worm castings had to play a major part in feeding all the microbial life in my garden. I do not use chem ferts in my veggies at all.

legalize_freedom said:
I used Fox Farm "Peace of Mind,Tomato and vegetable fert" in my veggie garden this past yr. The results were great...I only spent 14 bucks, on 2 boxes that covered my whole garden. I also compost to, so I'm sure that added to my success. But I know that the guano's and worm castings had to play a major part in feeding all the microbial life in my garden. I do not use chem ferts in my veggies at all.

Cool! I will check that out.

Last year was my first full season since I moved here and was still not fully set up.

This year, I've found a 'Country Store' in town, mainly a combo feed/garden place with no pretensions and low prices, for example:

Wheat bran (for my bokashi), $12.50/50# bag
Alfalfa meal, $12.50/50# bag

They also have, kelp meal, bone meal, blood meal, fish emulsion and so on, but the large bags of the kelp and bone meal haven't come in yet, but soon.

The lady suggested holding off on the small bags of kelp and bone as the 50# bags were less than 2 of the 5# bags due to the packaging (plain brown bags vs lots of artwork:rolleyes: ).

My worm bin is close to being able to be divided and start another one, so I should be good on castings.:cool:

The only thing I'm having a hard time finding locally is bat guano. I may get some online for my mj, but the cost may be too high for garden use. Believe I can deal with that using cheaper, local, ingredients.

DD

stinkyelements said:
now really i dont know what to do im losing it

Relax, smoke a bong or 3.:D

Just what nutes do you have on hand right now, both chem and organic?

Let's KISS.:hubba: (Keep It Simple, Stupid:D )

DD

haha yea i am now!
Yes i have the neptunes harvest and the jacks.
Im just getting discouraged although i like your point and suggetions with the jacks just concerned. i would like to keep it simple so yea
Yea lets :D
I am being stupid

Latest posts

Back