jar busted while boiling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chewbongo

noobie with a doobie
Reaction score
I used the last of my We for cannabis butter but while my wife was boiling the butter and green the glass busted in the water. So is it a waste, or since thc and water don't mix am I safe

No, throw everything away--there will be small shards of glass that will be impossible to remove. But, I don't quite get it--why were you boiling the butter and trim in a glass jar :eek: ?

Cause that's how I seen to do so that's how IV always done it. And glass wont be a problem, we r Gonna strain it

I wouldnt eat it....and Im with THG...never heard of boiling the glass jar....or boiling for that matter..Ive been useing crock pot...slow cooker...Best of luck though

The butter will be liquid in hot water, just put it through a coffee filter. Then smoke the filter:bolt:

The Hemp Goddess said:
No, throw everything away--there will be small shards of glass that will be impossible to remove.

This is the best advice ever. I am not to sure how much you know about the molecular structure of glass, but it does not form all nice and pretty, it just sort of conglomerates together. Because of this little fact, glass gets sharper then razor blades. I work with glass every day, I can't tell you how many times I have had to use super glue to keep small cuts from bleeding all day.

IMO you are putting yourself at risk if you eat that stuff. It is only butter, just take it as a learning lesson and toss it. FYI you shouldn't be cooking with glass on the stove top.

4u2sm0ke said:
...never heard of boiling the glass jar....or boiling for that matter..Ive been useing crock pot...slow cooker...
I have always done the crock pot method as well, never had a bad experience or a bad batch. I did have friends that would always take some butter, melt it down in a skillet, then toss in all their stem/trim and cooked it for 15 min. That was some good stuff too, although I never liked that method.

ChewbacaKz said:
Cause that's how I seen to do so that's how IV always done it. And glass wont be a problem, we r Gonna strain it

I have never seen or heard of butter being made that way. A slow cooker is really a safe easy way to do it.

As far as the glass--there is no way to strain the glass out. Throw it all away. It is not worth the risk of ingesting glass shards.

It sucks that it happened, but you did the right thing.

Take a hit off this Chewie :bong1:

The Hemp Goddess said:
No, throw everything away--there will be small shards of glass that will be impossible to remove. But, I don't quite get it--why were you boiling the butter and trim in a glass jar :eek: ?

:eek: Don't listen.....if this happens to me, I just break out my trusty glass magnet! ;) :laugh: :rofl:

Glad you threw it out, sorry it happened!

lol roddy, where do i get one of those???lmao

so would any one care to educate me on the crock potr method

To sum it up;

Take the butter you want to use and toss it in the crock pot.
Once it melts down, add your trimmings.
Let it cook for at least an hour or two, I go overnight, I have friends that go 3 days but IMO that is a tad excessive.
Stir occasionally during the cooking process.
Filter out the trimmings.
Pour the butter in your storage containers and toss in the fridge.

Latest posts

Back