Jock Horror Auto Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jericho said:
Not updating this any more mate?

Yes, it's been awhile and I've been trying to get things dialed in. I haven't been posting because I didn't have any idea what to say untill I could narrow down the problem. There were too, many things to try and that takes time to see results.

First, if I hadn't mentioned, these are not successful auto's and had to be put on 12/12 to flower.

Moving on, it appears the issue was the quality of the soil. I had soil that was prefertilized and used on my first grow. I had issues with nute burn at first and later had issues with lack of nutes after flushing but didn't realize it on that grow. My first grow was a hack job and ended up being harvested early because even the sugar leaves were dying back and this site was down with nowhere else to go for help.

As mentioned on previous post, I ammended the soil with Plant Revolution's Plant Success, if you can call it soil. The soil is comprised of ground up plant matter, (mostly woody), and partially composted and hoped the endo & ecto mycorrhizae and bacteria would help break it down further. I also added molasses for a quicker food supply for the little buggars. General Organics CaMg+ was also added and I started seeing greener growth. I then added Foxfarm's Big Bloom and Tiger bloom to the mix at half strength to the mix and the results were terriffic. Even some of the leaves that shows problems greened up and no longer having any other issues.

Oh, and not to forget to mention, I also ammended the top few inches with worm castings and washed it in with a worm casting tea. "YUM YUM", I said to my girls. Oh yeah, 10 out of 10 turned out to be girls and I'm only allowed to have 6 plants. I new of somebody's son that came back from the war with ptsd and had sleeping problems along with other issues so I gifted him with a plant that I had multiples of.

I've only posted a sampling of plants as the others look the same except the one I had to HST that I also trimmed the lower branches from. It grew back upright so I had to place a fishing weight to hold it down while it healed. The two tall pics are Jock Horror and the other is Full Moon.

Thanks to all of you that have followed my GJ and posted suggestions. Keep them coming if you see issues.

IMG_0214 (533x800).jpgIMG_0215 (533x800).jpgIMG_0216 (800x533).jpg

I also have a Papaya x Bubblelicious growing and forgot to take a pic. Not much to show but it should be included with the GJ and I'll add it in a later post.

Ah man you are lucky that JH looks nice and compact still. Mine blew up, cant keep it in the tent as its too big. Yours is looking good mate. Glad you started them 12/12 before me, i get to watch and see how the freaks turn out.

Check out my GJ for a pic of mine.

Jericho, your JH looks fuller than mine. Have you topped it, I didn't? I decided to HST instead when it was 26 inches but should've done it lower on the plant. I didn't really gain much as it curved back up towards the light. My other JH plants are 6 or more inches shorter and the FM is only about a foot tall. I guess I'm going to have to add spacing under those pots.
Great looking grow you have going.

I'm glad I haven't gotten rid of all my xtra plants, one of the JHs hermed on me. I've have to take some time and go over all my plants very closely and tell the guy I gifted one to, to keep an eye out.

Well, the ladies are now running along very smoothly and the hermie issue has passed (I hope). I have 6 pots going, 3 Jock Horror, 1 Full Moon and 2 Papaya x Bubblelicious.
It appears I have the nutes tuned in better this run, no issues showing up that I can see but of course, my experience is limited. I'm sure I might be missing something. As of this time, I am happy with what I am getting and that is what really counts in the end.

IMG_0218 (800x533).jpg IMG_0219 (800x533).jpg

Oh, almost forgot to mention I switched to 1000w from 600w yesterday.

You know, altho I'm not happy that the JH didn't auto, I have to say I'm happy with the way they are doing as 12/12. They have already surpassed my first grow as far as trichs go but I also have at least another month to go. The bud sites are tremendous and the flowers are producing rapidly. I have 2 other strains going and they are taking a back seat, big time. One is Full Moon and the other is my own, Papaya X Bubblelicious. I wish I had started more Full Moon and less Jock Horror as the JH will out produce the FM 10X at least. I will have to pay special attention to grow results when I harvest this time.
I'm going to set up a lighting system over the next few days so I can pull plants out of the grow room and take decent pics. When I do I will update my progress with pics that we can drool over.

I've been too, busy to get a light set up for taking pics and not sure if I actually will get around to it. I'm just buried with other things that are more important.

Plenty of bud sites and they are noticeably bigger every day with tons of trichs. I wish I had gotten around to work with the macros ability of this camera but hope to by harvest time. I find it hard to believe I have another month to go with the JH when seeing the rate of bud growth.

The first pic shows the HST I did when it took off after switching to 12/12. Funny thing, I left the MH rather than use the HPS to keep the stretch down and I can only imagine how they would have done if I hadn't. The others didn't bolt as bad and I don't understand why as they were off to the side and the HST was directly underneath.
IMG_0230 (533x800).jpgIMG_0229 (533x800).jpgIMG_0228 (533x800).jpg

Looking good, hope these gals make up for not being autos lol, maybe they'll really reward you!

Roddy said:
Looking good, hope these gals make up for not being autos lol, maybe they'll really reward you!

Thanks Roddy, if I was to chop them now I would have enough to have to gift some. It's taking more time but the results are there.

Looking very good my friend. Mine has been destroyed. Couldn't be bothered to run it as a 12/12 strain.

Jericho said:
Looking very good my friend. Mine has been destroyed. Couldn't be bothered to run it as a 12/12 strain.

Sorry to hear that, mine is frosting up wicked with trichs on both sides of the sugar leaves and some on the larger leaves as well. I've already given it a test with a lower bud and it's an awsome uppy buzz. I can hardly wait for it to finish but won't be very long now. I would harvest now but the thought of late heavy trich production stops me, I don't want to miss out on that late window. I've stopped adding nutes in preperation for the cut.

Hey niteshft- looking good indeed. Just more convinced not to do autos though.

How far along are they?

BBfan, i thought the same thing about auto's but finally gave them a shot. i've been suprised so far..

BBFan said:
Hey niteshft- looking good indeed. Just more convinced not to do autos though.

How far along are they?

They germinated 1/5/11 and went into 12/12 about 8 weeks later because it wouldn't go past preflowers.

leafminer said:
Interesting grow. Thanks for the ride.

Thanks leafminer but it's not quite over yet, check out my e-joint thread, The JH is what I'm using for the E-joint oil. I've taken just a couple of the lower colas to do it.

turnd out nice nightshift pity they dident auto for you iv never had that problem with my autos not autoing lots of nirvana stuff ant doin what they say iv just had probs with pack aye fem northern lights 2dud 2male 1fem i was well pissed / lowlife and the joint dr are good auto breeders iv growin most ther strains and been pleased with the out come

Latest posts

Back