Jock Horror Stretch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glderguy

Reaction score
Anyone ever grow this stuff? Jock Horror. Seems to really stretch. Even under 80w/ft2 and low light height. I don't like this stuff for indoors. I have just done a serious defoliation in attempt to slow the mega stretch. Seems hesitant to flower as well. Looks to me like node distance is waaaay too great to produce good bud anyway. Maybe its more of an outdoor plant. If I cant get it under control Im gonna yank it and start over w/another strain.
Thxs

I grew it outdoors and had all popcorn bud. She got huge and i topped and topped her. I was not impressed. I wish i had a better report for you but I don't. I will never grow it again. Sorry.

Thanks for info. At this point I have similar feeling as you about this stuff! Maybe a big waste of time!

Well I decided to just go ahead and grow this stuff out. Boy was my original opinion wrong. This stuff has really filled in with sizeable, resin encrusted buds with an outstanding fragrance. To say I'm surprised is an understatement.

View attachment IMG_20141125_012657.jpg

Thanks. Beats me what's going on but these things just exploded and really started packing on bud and resin REALLY fast. I am using a small 3x3 tent with perilite in Hempy buckets. No special nutes just GH flora grow and now bloom. I did raise my wattage up to a massive 1000w in this little grow room. Lighting in cool tubes and have a 400cfm fan pulling thru a carbon filter then thru lighting then exhausted out....standard set up. Fan on speed controller and by running fan speed up during light on mode I can maintain a consistent 75 to 77 degree F temp even with 1000w HPS. The plants seem to love all that light other than that not sure why they exploded! Later.

Well whatever you doing it is working. Mine were an outside grow where all the other plants were thriving. Mine were Nirvana seeds.

A few more pic. They are really moving along now. Very strong odor. Lots of resin. The one with the tape measure I call the "big kahuna." Wish I had a good camera as these pics taken with my tablet, not the best. These are at around 7 weeks now, some are ripening pretty fast, others a week and a half or so behind. Trichs on riper ones are cloudy with maybe 30 percent still somewhat clear so we have a bit to go yet. They say 10 weeks average for this stuff.
Later

View attachment IMG_20141207_202948.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141207_202906.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141207_202805.jpg

Well I've harvested the JH. Got a decent amount of bud. Am now drying and curing. A pic of a few of the finished bud. I think the bottom one kinda looks like a teddy bear. Put an aspirin bottle in there not just for size reference but cause I'm getting a headache waiting for the cure to be done!
Just impatient I guess. Later

View attachment IMG_20141215_063123.jpg

Congrats on the harvest man, enjoy them buds.

Latest posts

Back