New around here. Amateur gardener, been at it 6 months. Only been attempting Autos so far. 1st attempt was real bad. (Girl Scout Cookies) 2nd attempt was much better, had some issues. (Girl Scout Cookies) 3rd attempt is going even better, might be on to why I was having issues with attempt 2, hopefully. What I've learned so far: Auto Flowers are a heck of resilient plant. Attempt 3: 2 Big Bang Autoflowers. Indoors. DIY box/room: 3x3x7. Studs and OSB. Medium: Soil (Ocean Forest majority, topped with Happy Frog in 5 gallon Fabric pots.) Lighting: LED (2 Panels. 275W total with the 2 lights. Uses 5W Diodes. MEIZHI Brand. The "300W" Equiv Panels, so I "should" have 600W equiv.....eyeroll. Power consumption is minimal barely getting above 2 Amps. They do not run hot whatsoever and they seem to regulate my GR temp almost perfectly) Light Exposure: 20 on/4 off. Sprouted: 1/16/17 Water: Tap Temps: Range from 65 to 77ish. Humidity: 40-50% Transplants kept to a minimum. Germ'd in water. Placed in peat pellet. Let grow in pellet for a bit then place in 5 gallon pot. Plants sit in an Oatey washing machine liner pan (plumbing supplies). They sit in said tray resting on 2 "Deck-Protect" pads. Easy enough to water, let the run off gather in the pan then wet vac it out. Still currently in veg. Pistils should start showing sometime real soon. Was expecting them early last week. Might be this week. I hope. Use 2 "Hot Shot Pest Strips". 1 high. 1 low. Give me a minute and I can do a pic of my light(s) and my plants. Previous and Current issues: Leaf tips start with what looks like nute burn, then it continues down the tip and I get crinkled, dead, orangy-browny-yellowy ends. It just eats its way down the leaf tip, no other signs show on the leaf edging (ie potassium def). Some yellowing in the margins. I do not have a regular schedule of adding nutrients or any such regime. I have used some Schultz drops here and there. I have also recently been adding a bit of CalMag. The only thing I HAVE done a regular basis is PH my water. It takes a lot of PH down to balance even 16oz. Like 15 drops. Seems like a lot. Starting to wonder if I'm not burning the crap outta my plants with PH down. After some research, seems like my soil should be regulating PH, hence me then thinking that I shouldn't have and currently be adding PH down and should instead just go with the plain ol' tap water. Seems like PH down is more ment for hydro where the water is the actual medium. I gave my first full water yesterday with straight tap water, no PH down. See what happens. Took lights apart and removed the included eye pieces and used new eye bolts that 1/4" all thread fit through. And this is how I have my 2 lights set up. This light maker makes a "450W" light that uses around 200 real Watts. The 2 individuals, together, put me at 275W, so for around the same amount of $, I get another 75W."