Juicing Pot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
Anyone every try juicing pot?

I was reading an article here... http://www.unitedpatientsgroup.com/blog/2014/04/11/thc-thca-cbd-cbn-the-chemicals-in-cannabis/

And it said, "(tetrahydrocannibinolic acid). In its fresh form, THCA is non-psychoactive. A growing number of patients and caregivers, led by Dr. William Courtney of Mendocino County, are learning the benefits of juicing raw, fresh cannabis. Dr. Courtney believes THCA has medicinal properties that are lost when the plant is dried, and it can be metabolized in much larger doses than THC, making it potentially more effective."

Interesting idea. The stems are very juicy. Skunkpharm has an article on extracting from stems.

I really would like to see something more than he "believes" THCA has medicinal properties lost when the plant is dried. I understand that he is a doctor, but what is he basing his opinion on? We know that just drying the plant does not turn THCA into THC--it is a slow process that takes time or decarbing.

SkunkPharm says,

"Decarboxylation occurs naturally with time and temperature, as a function of drying, but we can shorten the amount of time required considerably, by adding more heat. The more heat, the faster it occurs, within reasonable ranges, and in fact occurs spontaneously when the material is burned or vaporized.".

I don't know if Skunkpharm is the be all to end all but they seem to one of the most informed that I have found.

I'm always chewing on fan leaf stems while 'm in the garden. real juicy and a buzz.

I've been juicing fans and small stems for a couple months now. Every morning I grab about a dozen fan leaves(when possible) and add them to my juicer. I got a nice slow juicer off ebay and it's perfect for grasses and such. Added to some apples, carrots, beets, and a tiny piece of ginger, makes a tasty concoction.

Let's face it....cannabis/hemp is by far one of the most chlorophyll dense plants on the earth. The more of it you can get into your system, the better off your system will run. Only problem is, it is crazy bitter. Only a small amount can be stomached at first. You have to increase the amount over time and cut it with a lot of juice. It's still a win/win no matter how you slice it.

BM

OK, I finally got around to doing this last night. Geeze, what a pita. The juicer clogged constantly and needed cleaned every few handfuls.

I tried several methods. One leaf at a time. Small amounts. Large amounts. Overall, I found that taking a small handful and wadding it up in a ball, and then pressing it through the juicer seemed to produce the most juice. I used a standard centrifugal juicer that I bought at WalMart for $30 or $40. I tried putting them in stems and all but the stems were a little too stringy and added to the clogging so I cleaned the cannabis off the large stems before juicing.

I used 3 plants I had from a prior experiment. It was an experiment with lighting and it worked out well because these plants were mature and had plenty of trics on them but since they were in some kind of veg mode their entire life, they were very leafy. Good for juicing.

After stripping the herb off the stems, I had 18 ounces of freshly harvested herb.

When I was done juicing I had about 7 or 8 ounces of juice (see 3rd pic). I tasted about an ounce of it and it wasn't bad. Very green tasting. I have juiced Rappini and Endive before and it tasted a little like that. Green and a little bitter. Not bad. Not good. Certainly not a burning drink like tincture. Since it wasn't decarb'd I didn't expect any buzz. It was more of a taste test. LOL

I let it sit in the fridge overnight and there was zero separation (see remaining pics). I found that a little odd.

I have the remaining leaf substance in the fridge. I am off to make a run of ice water hash with it to see if anything is left on the remains.

The next question is.... what do I do with the juice? LOL

Without doing gas chromatography I can't really tell what's in this. I don't get much effect from cannabis so it's probably a waste to drink it. Especially since it's not decarb'd. Although I don't get high from pot, I may experience some kind of body enhancement from it. I saw a cheapo centrifuge on ebay. I could do some separation and see it that tells us anything.

At this point, I am open to suggestions.

View attachment juicing-1.jpg

View attachment juicing-2.jpg

View attachment juicing-3.jpg

View attachment juicing-4.jpg

View attachment juicing-5.jpg

I've got a slow press auger style juicer...works just fine and no clogs. The idea here is to extract the compounds yes. But mostly for the abundant chlorophyll. The added THC, CBD etc, is just a bonus that carries all the wonderful health benefits that we have all read about.

I don't get a buzz at all either from fresh cannabis. You are correct it has to be decarbed first to get those kinds of results. Juicing is an entirely different beast altogether. One should not be aiming to get high using this process. It's all about cleaning out arteries and cleansing the digestive tract. As well as treating all the ailments we have come to know, that it is beneficial for.

Here are the videos. If you haven't watched them, or read the articles in the above link, these should spark some interest. Or perhaps explain in a little better detail about the benefits of juicing raw cannabis.

http://www.cannabisinternational.org/video.php

BM

Cool, thanks. I will check it out.

This is still sitting in the fridge. I ordered a centrifuge so I can separate it.

Don't ask me why. LOL

Cool, thanks. I will check it out.

This is still sitting in the fridge. I ordered a centrifuge so I can separate it.

Don't ask me why. LOL

Hehheh...that's a long way to go brother! **** it though...give it a whirl and see what comes of it. I'd be interested to see.

BM

Juicing cannabis is something I've been interested in for a while. I would assume there is no benefit to juicing vegetative leaves, is this correct?

I think that's wrong. The vegetative leaves still contain a ton of cannabanoids full of terpenes. I'm not sure what they all do but..... they are there. LOL

I was gone all day (Mom's 89th birthday) so I didn't get to view those vids yet. However, a number of "sources" are touting the benefits of juicing. Could be all bull. I ordered a centrifuge. I'll see if I can get the equipment to run some Gas Chromatography. Then, I would know what I had. I am trying to get the peeps over at SkunkPharm to do it for me but I have not had any success, yet.

I just harvested so I have a bunch of leaves to run some tests with. I just need to do some more reseach to determine exactly what I'm looking for. :)

Latest posts

Back