Juicy Fruit From Seed to Clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LdyLunatic

i wanna be cool too!
Reaction score
Well just by the title you should know that this journal will be a long one in time span. But one good thing is that this project is already under way since mid February. I used a ziploc baggie germination method.

The full germination is shown here. And the germinated seeds were put in soil on Feb. 25th.

They were put under one plant/aquarium floro and one cool white floro...
this pic was actually taken when first dropped in the soil...we leave the bag on the cups as a Greenhouse for them ...we use this for about 5 days..after 3 or 4 days though we trim the corners (sorry when i refer to we i mean myself and my husband..this is a joint effort..the family that grows together stays together :D )

germin 026 (Small).jpg

germin 031 (Small) (2).jpg

germin 034 (Small).jpg

germin 038 (Small).jpg

The babies progressed nicely...no feed until a few days ago. And that feeding was very light 1/8th the regular strength veg feeding. They really loved the feeding and doing quite nice.

They were transplanted just last night and are now in a cabinet with two 150 floro bulbs ...the compact floros (largest wattage around these parts) which emit over 1700 lumen EACH ...these two babies and a Champagne clone and a White Widow x Northern Lights, all seem to LOVE the veg with these lights...once all 4 of them were put in this cabinet with the floros they have gotten a nice lush green and are all very perky.

I will do a Champagne journal after shes big enough to clone...we are keeping her :D

They have been topped already and now...we await for sex

Juicy Fruit 034 (Small).jpg

1 061 (Small).jpg

juicy 009 (Small).jpg

1JF 020 (Small).jpg

1JF 023 (Small).jpg

sounds like a great family grow. if you don't mind i'm gonna grab my helmet, my drool bucket and hop on the short bus and take the ride on your growing adventure.
00000023.gif
your plants are looking great.

thanks for stopping by THE BROTHER'S GRUNT and Insane ...not too much to report as of yet...still no sex showing and are doing well after their transplant...i always worry they will get transplant shock

soon as some sex is showing i will pop up more pics :)

LdyLunatic said:
thanks for stopping by THE BROTHER'S GRUNT and Insane ...not too much to report as of yet...still no sex showing and are doing well after their transplant...i always worry they will get transplant shock

soon as some sex is showing i will pop up more pics :)

Sounds good. If you're worried about transplant shock, I would suggest that you get a B-1 product such as Superthrive, Thrive Alive, or Nutri-Boost. If you do decide to use a B-1 make sure you follow the instructions on the bottle to the letter. It's very strong stuff containing hormones and such that you do not want to overload your plant with, but in the right amounts it can greatly aid overall growth during the vegatative stage. Never use a B-1 during flowering, because B-1's generally promote 'green growth', which is not what you want during flowering. It will make the buds stretch out and lose any density, basically giving you fluffy buds.

Also, some growers will tell you the B-1s should only be used to help plants through a transplant, but IMO if you use weakened amounts (1 ml per litre) you can use B-1s through the entire vegging phase and reap all the benefits. I think this is more personal preference than anything else, but B-1s really are helpful, and if your serious about growing, something you should have.

PS Looking forward to your next pics Lunatics! :D

from what i am told by the hubby (still learning all the nutes) we used some Organic B ...all is well they are doing just fine when i popped my head in the cabinet this morning :)

LdyLunatic said:
from what i am told by the hubby (still learning all the nutes) we used some Organic B ...all is well they are doing just fine when i popped my head in the cabinet this morning :)

Ok, sounds good! Keep us updated and keep up the good growin! ;)

look good where did you get those juicy fruit seeds sounds pretty good have you ever smoked any.

hey fireweed....i have smoked the juicy fruit before...was a really sweet fruity smoke with a high body stone and major gigglefest :D

the seed was won by the husband in a contest...a list of 3 seeds were given to the hubby to pick...and when he saw the juicy he grabbed them right away because he has heard me raving about the strain since we met

heres a few pics of the juicy fruit bud i had long ago (sorry the pics are not the greatest...this was also when i first got my digi and was still learning how to use it)

Juicy Fruit 0111 (Small).jpg

Juicy Fruit 0121 (Small).jpg

Looks good enough to smoke to me even with poor pictures it's beautiful.

hers some updated pics of the babies....still no signs of sex showing...but i did manage to fim the one properly (knowing this i bet she turns out to be a he :rolleyes: )

you can see in the one pic a wee piece of new growth coming out the middle where it was topped...so it will be a three headed monster :D

Juicy Fruit 007 (Small).jpg

Juicy Fruit 012 (Small).jpg

Looking good LL. The last plant i topped did the same thing. Started growing a branch out the center where i topped. The branch later died for some reason. Looking good.
fing34.gif

Those buds look very nice LL, and your plant looks great. ;)

I think maybe the reason that a 3rd shoot is growing when you (LL, TBG) top your plants is maybe because you top them so close to the next node below it?

I top my plants halfway between each node, not only for the reason previously mentioned but also because immidietly after topping is when the plant can be exposed to disease that can infect the recently topped head, and if this happens it's good to have some extra stem to chop off in hope of killing the infection before it possibly spreads to the nodes. I've never actually seen this happen I've only heard it can, but I don't wanna risk losing my two potentially best nodes after topping. It does make sense if you think about it, doesn't it?

Or am I just crazy? hahaha :rolleyes:

hey THE BROTHER'S GRUNT ....i had the third growth happen once before...on a Black Domina x Jack Flash lady...she had three awesome main colas...all my other topping has only been the usual two mains :)

Insane...it makes complete sense to me ;)

upon carful inspection....they are both starting to show what appears to be balls :eek: we were planning to keep it if it ws a male and collect pollen for breeding....but we have since taken on a few new projects of growing out some new breeds for a breeder friend

if it does turnout these are boys...they will get the chop

coming soon ..... a test subject grow :)

LdyLunatic said:
upon carful inspection....they are both starting to show what appears to be balls :eek: we were planning to keep it if it ws a male and collect pollen for breeding....but we have since taken on a few new projects of growing out some new breeds for a breeder friend

if it does turnout these are boys...they will get the chop

coming soon ..... a test subject grow :)
Thats a real bummer LL. hope you get some girls next time around.

LdyLunatic said:
coming soon ..... a test subject grow
I love flowering cuttings. The plant gets over it fast and never leaves veg.

You are one smart lady!

Good luck. I hope they're really ladies!

Ldlunatic; nice pics even if you were a newbie on a digital. My first herb shots were sooo laughable. While your herb looked nice and fuzzy mine were always unintentional. LOL...

Few things I never overlook when someone says their plant is leggy are: humidity, heat, light leak, poor circulation or combos of all that. Nute imbalance can really throw the plant too.

hey everyone!!! thanks all for your kind words....seems any sign of sex i saw....has done gone and dissappeared :eek: the hubby was the first to notice the wee ball (well it seemed to be a ball)

but damned if we can see it now....so my fingers are still crossed for a girl

no worries though....i have other ladies flowering now...and a Shishkaberry and G13 mum....so if the JF's a boy....i still got other mums to chose from ;)

so....i guess the waiting game for the JF sex is back on :D

Latest posts

Back