Just 1 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cincy boy

Growing Growing...Gone
Reaction score
I was wondering I'm going to try indoor soon and my friend has these construction lights theres two of them and there both 500watts a piece so a 1000watts all together thats around 10,000 lumes do any of you now if that would be suitable for 2 or 3 plants in a closet space. both lights are mounted on a cross bar and then theres a stand for them there really bright so i was guessing they'll be good for some phase of growth :rolleyes: :confused: CINCY

For 2 or 3 plants I would use just use one. Two would be a big heat issue in a small space. They put out alot of heat !

I'm doing a SCROG in a 3x3x5 with 9 plants under a 400w and they get plenty of light.

I figure 35 - 50 watts per sq. ft. is good. If its a big closet use both if you can vent enough air.

Good luck!

How big is the closet and what color are the lights ? Are they a white light or a amber/red light ?

You can veg and flower under both but it's best to use white/blue for veging and red/amber for flowering.

If you can keep it cool enough, Split the closet into two spaces and use one light on each side. One side keep on a 18/6 timer and the other a 12/12 timer. That would be the best use of space.

I planned on using a big box fan to vent the space the closet is pretty big with shelvs the lights are white i think it will work

try to find out what kind of lights you have. either metal halide or high pressure sodium. you may have a halogen or mercury vapor bulb which is no good for what you want to do.

there just construction lights for lighting up an area for painting or sumthing like that but there very bright and warm

there just construction lights for lighting up an area for painting or sumthing like that but there very bright and warm
Thats more than likely a halogen lamps...are they the ones on a tripod stand?

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back