Just bought Microgarden 14x30 Ebb&Flow 8-Plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sicnarf said:
In operation.

P1010005.jpg
Man, this looks like the space shuttle!

You've made a hell of a nice setup. Now we're going to see some green!

GREAT JOB !

My seeds have cracked (3 out of 4). I have them in 4 inch rockwool cubes. I made sure the cubes were moist by pouring distilled water over them. THey are sitting in the ebb and flow ready to go, but I have a question first before I add my nutes and turn the pump on.

1. Should I use just water until the seeds sprout with leaves or should I use 1/4 nutes right off the bat with them in the ebb and flow under full operation?

2. Or just wait until they are a few inches tall to start using 1/4 strengh mix?

3. Should I operated my pump 1 hour on 2 hours off right at the beginning or is this too much time in the solution mix for such a young seedling?

THanks guys and gals.

use regualer distled water till they are about 2 week old i would do ur pump 30 1 hour on 3 hours off sumthinlike that they dont need too much water if ur drainage isnt real good. they will develope promblems from being too wet at the stem... so watch that if i were u i would only do one plant in that thing... ull have one plant with root promblem or both with root promblems.. weed planst dont share roots too good.. i could see only one plant growin intehre tahts all u need man 1 plant is special on its own u knwo an dplus one plant will get hug in ur sytem if not over gro wit.. so 2 planst isnt very good... IMHO i wouldnt have boought a 100 dollar system u could have made one for about 20 bucks.. plus ur plans always change those system arent really for wed man they not enought room for btu one mature plant... clones would be good to use.. in taht tho... anywyas take my advice u want but ill see what happens

Peace and goodluck

Hey , ReaferCheifer26, nice to meet you and thanks for you input. So, techniqually, I can just water them by hand until they are like 2weeks old?

Do I start counting weeks now? Or start when the plant is up out of the soil at least a few inches high?

start counting weeks as soon as teh rigged leaves start to grow... water them by hand in teh rock wool till liek 5 dyas them start teh system with egular water for about a week ...exactly where do teh roots grow in ur setup? in just teh top tub ? if soo thats not gunna work not even for one plant

yo, well the top tray is 7 inches deep x 30inches long x 14 inches wide. I was told that this could grow 2 decent sized plants (4-5ft) and possibly 4 medium sized plants (maybe 3ft). I have hydrotron and rockwool in it.

Oh, thanks for the advice about the weeks and when to use the pump. Really helped a lot...omg.

Here's a pic

ya tahst shit looks tight man but with ur experience id say u can only grow one plant amn and 7 inches anit much space for roots man whoever told u those fatc either wasnt talking about weed plants or hes wrong... one plant would be safe infact probably teh onyl way to grow.. unless u ahd clones then u can do about 6 of them... if it were me i woudl be doin teh clones ull get mroe bud and u wont have to wait as long... like start with one plant and make it a mother plant.... or just flower out one plant those are pretty much your options with taht hydroponic setup IMHO..... Now if u did soil it would be a different story totally... if u went soil u could grow out 3 huge fuckers and harvest about a pound man at the least... u really should read and think your strategy.. ull amke many mistake growing in teh begging.. ur plans will always be changing.. u gotta think what works best in your situation...

Or idk u coudl veg otu 3 planst to see which are females.. .. Man im just high and trying to save u tiem and promblems so excuse me babbiling on and such...

gotta go peace

I would take a look at the small flood-n-drain system you have and then see what kinds of plastic containers you can find to build your own. The fittings are as little as $7 a set and I've worked with some glue trays used to put up wallpaper. They're a light plastic, but I think they're heavy enough to hold five 5" pots in a row on a level surface. Combine two of those with a large cat litter container, a pump, timer and some tubing, and you have a pair of floot and drains that hold up to 10 plants and costs about $90 total. Of course, there are still a lot of other decisions to make and for budding I used two 2' X 4' flood tables. Smaller system were used to raise the younger girls.

HK

HK-Buddy im now going to use the unit in the pic for vegging, im working out my flower unit now...decions, decions.

Thats funny i have that exact same hydro system with the same HPS light. Im sure our grows would be somewhat similar. Check out my grow here!!
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9556
:D
O also.... "with ur experience id say u can only grow one plant amn and 7 inches anit much space for roots man whoever told u those fatc either wasnt talking about weed plants or hes wrong... one plant would be safe infact probably teh onyl way to grow.. unless u ahd clones then u can do about 6 of them... if it were me i woudl be doin teh clones ull get mroe bud and u wont have to wait as long... like start with one plant and make it a mother plant.... or just flower out one plant those are pretty much your options with taht hydroponic setup IMHO..... Now if u did soil it would be a different story totally... if u went soil u could grow out 3 huge fuckers and harvest about a pound man at the least."
This kid is talking about not having enought root space or whatever. Let me tell you that i grew a 4 ft plant in that system with the little white pots that come with it. Its possible, it does work, check out my grow!!

Latest posts

Back