just cant diagnose this one...anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey saycheese,
I'm going to chime in with what little info i can remember from 3 yrs ago and indoor growing man.

First never stress , only i'm allowed to do that .
Drastic changes can cause a grower to take drastic action. "I'm guilty"

The lower growth is Gone past the point of salvation!
CFL's create more heat than HPS so 125w x2 is going to generate a lot of heat.
Not sure if you mentioned your HPS is air cooled hood or cooltube.
You are roughly 2 weeks into flower is that correct ?

If so i would feed maybe 1 more vege feed to boost nitrogen for the flowering period as she will most likely have early signs of nitrogen deficiency at around 7 weeks !

Then continue with the flowering phase feeding schedule Imo !

You also mentioned that you have a new CFL which is Blue.
If my memory is'nt baked ..I think that blue is for vegetative growth and will serve limited if any good purpose during flowering.

Red light closer to 2200k is what you need some people have mixed blue with red but in my experience of doing that with cfl it produced leafy buds !

I would'nt recommend using the Blue cfl at all, if your 430w HPS can adequitely cover your area and you have utilised some good flat white paint you should be golden!

Thats about all i can suggest friend.
Your plants look good considering the complications they have endured.

Flower away !

Peace THC .

thanks thc,

they have greened a bit, and the bunch/rosetting slightly decreased . the lower third wasnt guna get adequate light anyway i realise so losing the foliage will prob help increase airflow and give me room to top dress as ive wired down all the branches its hard to see the dirt where they so bushy

i will only be using the blue for the next week or so while they still grow upwards then on your reccommendation i shall discontinue use and just have hps and bloom cfl

i plan on air cooling on the next run if i can afford to and if my wife allows yet more holes in the wall, should i be air cooling with a 4 or a 5 inch fan for 430w hps

on my calender ive put flowering started 4 days ago, thats when i felt they were beginning (more than 1 pistil at each budsite and less noticeable vertical growth )

i think im recognising the delayed stress from heat, the 'banding' or strap like thin appearance of the top growth, thankfully restricted to top and not severe

i was also thinking the same, that they look ok considering circumstances,they could be brown and naked by now

do you think ill hermie? ( in your opinion, based on what you see and know, and zero further problems )

Hey saycheese,

If they are nice and lush, Pics can be decieving sometimes.
Go for it. Some indoor growers boost nitrogen up for the first week flowering to ensure that the plants dont become deficient of nitrogen to early during the flowering phase.

Some would even say that flowering doe'snt actually begin until your onset of stretch/preflowering so a 9 week flowering strain would run for 10.5 weeks kinda thing !

I'm unsure by what you mean by having a cooling fan ...but as long as you have an air exchange of at least 2 times per minute in room with 3 times being ideal you should be fine.

Should you be using a 4 or 5 inch fan for your 430w HPS and 1x 125w cfl this depends once again on air exchange required, Room size, CFM of the fan etc... if your room was for instance 2x2x3ft you would need a passive intake fan that can move 12cfm to exchange the air 1 x per minute.
24cfm to exchange 2 x per minute etc...your ideal fan would be 3 x 12ft and 36cfm

As long as you have air exchange, dialed in temps,reliable lighting timers, and don't kill them with kindness you should be fine regarding hermies .

Some strains are also prone to hermie easier under stress situations imo
Personally i believe that the longer a strain has been stabilized you have less chance of getting hermies ...they can take a lil stress .

Do i think your plants will hermie ...No !

Because you are going to ensure that everything i mentioned up their is golden ;)

Just watch your temps brother ya wanna avoid that canoeing where possible and keep humidity at 40-60%

All the best.
Oh and i hope my advise is ok man ...Its been a long while since i grew indoors so i am probably a bit rusty .

Good luck. THC .

Cant find anything to add to what THC said,,,,,another words :yeahthat:

TwoHighCrimes said:
Hey saycheese,
I'm going to chime in with what little info i can remember from 3 yrs ago and indoor growing man.

First never stress , only i'm allowed to do that .
Drastic changes can cause a grower to take drastic action. "I'm guilty"

The lower growth is Gone past the point of salvation!
CFL's create more heat than HPS so 125w x2 is going to generate a lot of heat.
Not sure if you mentioned your HPS is air cooled hood or cooltube.
You are roughly 2 weeks into flower is that correct ?

If so i would feed maybe 1 more vege feed to boost nitrogen for the flowering period as she will most likely have early signs of nitrogen deficiency at around 7 weeks !

Then continue with the flowering phase feeding schedule Imo !

You also mentioned that you have a new CFL which is Blue.
If my memory is'nt baked ..I think that blue is for vegetative growth and will serve limited if any good purpose during flowering.

Red light closer to 2200k is what you need some people have mixed blue with red but in my experience of doing that with cfl it produced leafy buds !

I would'nt recommend using the Blue cfl at all, if your 430w HPS can adequitely cover your area and you have utilised some good flat white paint you should be golden!

Thats about all i can suggest friend.
Your plants look good considering the complications they have endured.

Flower away !

Peace THC .

imo a mixture of light is better then just red or blue spectrum. i run a mix spectrum in the veg room. i would also run mix spectrum if i had the money to run mh & hps at the same time in my flower room.

but i agree that you never mix hps+cfl together

Growing liberty haze I'd say pretty unstable, relatively new strain and a cross of g13 and chemdawg ( both of which have genetics shrouded in mystery )

saycheese said:
Growing liberty haze I'd say pretty unstable, relatively new strain and a cross of g13 and chemdawg ( both of which have genetics shrouded in mystery )
yeah you have some interesting choices there saycheese ;)
I think BBP "BomBudPuffa" knows a Whole lot about chemdawg .

I enjoyed reading various historical stories/myths about G13 as well a few years ago.

Its really popular amongst indoor growers in Australias "Sydney town"
Kings Cross Dealers are/were selling it everywhere.

Anyway thats another story ;)

Are you going to do a GJ would be an interesting topic i imagine .

Peace THC :)

Latest posts

Back