Just needed a little bit of information :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey265

Reaction score
Ok so I have researched this for a long time, and want to grow so badly. Im moving to Northern India so I need a little bit of information/help, have a few questions. These are around the coordinates...

First, can anyone tell me the ideal time to start growing outdoors, basically the normal time for planting, vegetation, and flowering stages, and harvest months.

Secondly, in the months of august and september, it can get really humid and there is quite some rainfall, I would hate it if mold could pose a problem. Also, the temperature never falls below zero and it is really not that cold until December/January so if flowering doesn't occur till later, hopefully the rainfall shouldn't be a problem, since this region is like home to a lot of strains.

Lastly, anybody know of getting seeds to india?

Thanks in advance...

sorry i took a look at one of the stickies... the link wasn't working before but now i know why... i found out the answer to my first question partly... so when i plant my seeds, there is about 14 hours of sunlight a day and in 2 months, it will go down to 12 and then less... will i be able to vegetate enough?

2 months should be enough veg time. Its probably not a good idea to give the exact location of your grow, could be used against you. I would remove them from your post before someone uncool sees them.

Thanks Nova.. but don't worry those aren't anywhere close to where i am at, but almost same climate ;) uncool ppl are not welcome!!

So i know we flower at 12/12 light cycle, and veg at 18/6... but what about 14/10? will that still be vegetation period?

Yes, they need 11 hours of dark to flower.

I hope those coords aren't from your grow room area....if so, you should delete them quickly!

thanks nova, so if they need 11.. then that means i will only have 1 month for vegetation? or do they have a minimum vegetation period like a certain amount they have to mature before they can flower?

and Roddy, no no omg they aren't brother... but i'll go ahead and delete them to avoid confusion... :)

Also, anyone have any ideas about the humidity... it gets really humid here and that will attract mold as ive read... how do i stop that from happening?

anyways, ive got my inspiration to try at least.. I will know the answer to all of these questions after the first grow round but would like to come out of it with more than knowledge if u know what i mean ;)

As soon as they show sex they are mature enough to flower

nova564t said:
Yes, they need 11 hours of dark to flower.

:confused2:... My outdoor plants are within a few weeks of finished, by the time 11 of darkness is reached naturally. Indoors we use 12/12 to induce and produce flowering. Outdoors is an entirely different process. They will flower when a 'critical' point is reached, when the flourigen (sp?) level becomes high enough, and will continue unless reversed by longer day lengths.

For Friday, September 2, 2011 Denver
hXXp://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Twi: 6:01am
Sunrise: 6:28am
Sunset: 7:32pm
Twi: 7:59pm
Day length: 13h 3m
[/FONT]
(10 hours and 57 minutes of "no sun" Actually from 'daylight' until 'dark' the hours are even longer..from 6:01am to 7:59pm...14 of light, or 10 hours of dark)

Unless you are near the equator, 12/12 has little application 'outdoors'. ;)

Thanks Hick for that Info. I had always woundered about that. So outside is about the SP level. Cool.

"SP"..:confused2: It performs the same process, 'trigger flowering'. It is just a longer, slower, drawn out process outdoors.
As each night gets longer, more of the hormone is being produced, as each day becomes shorter, less is being destroyed.
As soon as that hormone reaches the "critical level" of that particular plant/strain/phenotytpe, it flowers.
The "Fall equinox" (12/12) is not until October 21/22. If plants "required" 12 hours of darkness in order to flower, not many of us could grow OD. I'm garaunteed frost by late Oct.

Thanks for the info there my Colorado brother.

Thanks guys!!! :D

One last question... It gets really humid here, so how will that affect my plants?? Im thinking that it will be humid here for a few months... so that means until they start flowering... but after that, it will just start getting colder and less humid... so will i be ok or could there be a mold issue? :(

start at the end of this month , is the weather like blore in where u are? because if its that crazy , hold on until the middle of nextmonth

because some areas have rains of fountains , u got to find a place similar to those ayurveda plantation spots where they get best weather through out the year for their growing crops , ur location is one of the best for natural growing btw=)

Thanks crozar... yea i started growing a few years back on my roof in pots.. and it was about a month, but there was a chance of other ppl snooping so i had to trash it... :( but now i found a new grow area... and am gonna try to grow a full grow this time. You get weed really cheap here, 1 dollar for about 5 grams.... but its not good at all, and after learning what i learned here on this site, i know why... they don't harvest it properly, at the rite time, there are no red hairs, u can't even see any trichs... its so dry that it just crumbles like sand in my hands... this is because they work more towards hash and not weed... and the hash is amazing... so im thinking if i grow some of it, and harvest properly, it will be some good smoke... plus i just think the plant is so amazing :)

ouch if ur from the banned area's grow indoor better , but if ur from the sectors of the region who uses it in their belief when performing ritual meditation ( mind /etc.. ) then go outdoors

It is not so much banned, just frowned upon.. lmao they won't really do anything unless they find like hugeee amounts and plus im growing on a friends roof this time... and the cops wouldn't dare come into the house...

Latest posts

Back