Just Right Xtra coco - No need to adjust ph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wetdog said:
It's a basic peat/perlite/EWC mix for organic. Peat/perlite/fir bark fines for chems and a couple other variations for different stuff.

I don't pH anything, never have. The mix is limed and that's pretty much it AFA pH goes. You get your soil/mix pH right and it becomes a non issue.

Wet

You n' I have the same method. Never bothered with ph-balancing till I ran my first seed run (widows) which i heard were very sensitive. Before that...never...dolomite lime has always worked for me, and I love it...

:peace:,

7ge:)

Yes, I own a pH meter, a Milwaukee SM-101.

I do use it for making AEM and brewing beer, things like that.

I just don't bother pHing water or anything going on the plants, like teas (low pH) or the ProTekt (high pH).

It's just that once your soil/mix is dialed in, it's dialed in. I do check runoff every now and then on long term host plants to make sure the lime isn't depleted. But you'll usually see something going wonky when that happens.

LOL, I was doing all sorts of crazy stuff when I started growing mj again after a 20 year hiatus, with crazy results. Then, I decided to just treat them like my garden plants that I've been growing all along. DUH!!! Problems cleared right up.

I still laugh at myself for falling into the hype about growing mj. If you can grow decent tomatoes, you can grow decent mj.

Wet

Latest posts

Back