just started my first grow..what do u think??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaz1873

Reaction score
Hi guys

Ive got pictures of my first grow :D .. i took them today but ive had my 6 clones in a propagator since saturday 25th nov..what do u think of the plants..i think they look healthy enough..i have a 400watt hps light and plan to transplant them into a 4 foot NFT hydro tank once they have rooted through the larger rockwool which is the next step..i had the light just over 4 foot from the tops of the propagator but ive now moved the hps light down abit to 43"..is this ok??
anyway have a wee look at the pic and tell me what uz pros know ;)

the light was only on for 15 mins and i just put the thermometer/humity meter in there at same time..maybe that why cold and humid??

cheers man :cool:

DSCF0949.JPG

DSCF0950.JPG

DSCF0951.JPG

DSCF0952.JPG

DSCF0953.JPG

DSCF0954.JPG

DSCF0957.JPG

DSCF0958.JPG

looks good.i wish i had a room that big,all i have is a2'x4'x6' bedroom closet.
what strain are your plants?

sgtsmoke said:
looks good.i wish i had a room that big,all i have is a2'x4'x6' bedroom closet.
what strain are your plants?

least u got some rooom mate...better that than nothing eh ;) its a cross between nothern lights & ?? lol..my mate told me who gave me the cuttings but i cant remember..im a OG stoner :ccc: i will find out and tell u exactly what else it is my friend..

Hey Looking Good So Far Can't Wait To See That Room Filled Up With Girls

Everything is looking great so far. I'm not sure about using the 400 watt HPS for rooting clones as they really don't need much light to root. CFL's would work much better for your clones IMHO. ;)

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Everything is looking great so far. I'm not sure about using the 400 watt HPS for rooting clones as they really don't need much light to root. CFL's would work much better for your clones IMHO. ;)

I dont have any other light TBG other than the HPS one..heard i can use HPS for all stages of growth..if i was to get CFL's what wattage do i need??whats is IMHO??:confused:

jaz1873 said:
I dont have any other light TBG other than the HPS one..heard i can use HPS for all stages of growth..if i was to get CFL's what wattage do i need??whats is IMHO??:confused:

You can use hps... but it works slowly... and u have to keep the humidity up high in your dome or you'll lose them very easily... you are best off gettin a couple flouros, higher wattage the better for cfls.

imho = in my honest opinion

Hi jaz1873, nice looking set up you got there

I have seedlings under HPS now and they're flying it. I had major problems during the summer with heat so had to raise the light and got some stretching. Don't have experience with cuttings though ... I grow from seed.

At the moment my temp and humidity are spot on ... rarely need to be checked. It's due to the colder weather.

Now I look forward to winter because I get better growing conditions

Every cloud has a silver lining :)

i have my cuttings in the attic and it is getting colder here at nights (scotland)..so hope my babies are ok..i will try get some CFL's for the next grow..can someone send me a link to CFL's that i could use please..the CFL's wouldnt burn as much electricity either, right??

jaz1873 said:
i have my cuttings in the attic and it is getting colder here at nights (scotland)..so hope my babies are ok..i will try get some CFL's for the next grow..can someone send me a link to CFL's that i could use please..the CFL's wouldnt burn as much electricity either, right??
Whats going on jaz1873. Man i found some CFL'S but it's gonna cost you an arm and a leg for shipping like $40. :eek: Do you have a store near you like K-mart or Wal-Mart or maybe another store? Yes CFL's don't cost nothing to run compared to a HPS.

Dude, run a jam like this cloning chamber I built. It's a deep 30 gallon plus storage bin and works great. Did I say this thing was deep? There is a second 'grow area' at the bottom that is easier to see in the second pic.

I have run it with a computer fan and just 2 flouros (and later mylar).

It's worked wonders. Everything I bought at Home DePot.

The last pic is of the clone/rootgrowth in 11 days cutting to transplant.

I think keys to successful cloning are high humidity and an adequate supply of water to decrease wilt/stress (the Cut Flower or Water Column method).

propogation chamber 1.jpg

chamberdonetopon.jpg

clones dy 11d.jpg

Zarnon said:
Dude, run a jam like this cloning chamber I built. It's a deep 30 gallon plus storage bin and works great. Did I say this thing was deep? There is a second 'grow area' at the bottom that is easier to see in the second pic.

I have run it with a computer fan and just 2 flouros (and later mylar).

It's worked wonders. Everything I bought at Home DePot.

The last pic is of the clone/rootgrowth in 11 days cutting to transplant.

I think keys to successful cloning are high humidity and an adequate supply of water to decrease wilt/stress (the Cut Flower or Water Column method).

nice one dude..i could just use the grow area i built in the attic couldnt i and just put some CFL's in there maybe screwed to the side of the wall just above the propagator..what watts is your light m8??how many clones u got in there??

would one or these do or more?? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270053897944&fromMakeTrack=true

some more piccies...5 days after i first put them in the propagator..i was a little worried tonight when i went to check them..they where kinda drooping and a couple of them had yellow bits at the end of the leaves..check on them tomorrow..hope there fine :)

DSC01250.JPG

DSC01252.JPG

DSC01253.JPG

DSC01254.JPG

DSC01255.JPG

DSC01258.JPG

DSC01259.JPG

DSC01260.JPG

DSC01261.JPG

That room is gonna fill up nice. Looking good and much Green Mojo your way. Try spraying them with some pH balanced water. Also keep em warm and in a humid place

took some more pics this morning..they look abit better than the other day..i think the reason that a couple of the leaves have went kinda yellow at the ends because when i checked the water ph its was 7.9..i then made some ph 6 and poured a little on the rockwool and sprayed the leaves and the propagator with this..i think this was a good thing to do..anyone??

DSC01262.JPG

DSC01263.JPG

DSC01264.JPG

DSC01265.JPG

DSC01266.JPG

DSC01267.JPG

DSC01268.JPG

DSC01269.JPG

DSC01270.JPG

jaz1873 said:
took some more pics this morning..they look abit better than the other day..i think the reason that a couple of the leaves have went kinda yellow at the ends because when i checked the water ph its was 7.9..i then made some ph 6 and poured a little on the rockwool and sprayed the leaves and the propagator with this..i think this was a good thing to do..anyone??

It wouldn't hurt... rockwool should be ''prepared'' b4 being used... it contains lime deposits which will throw the wools ph off.

KADE said:
It wouldn't hurt... rockwool should be ''prepared'' b4 being used... it contains lime deposits which will throw the wools ph off.

What u mean "prepared" kade??

jaz1873 said:
What u mean "prepared" kade??

I'll just write a big *** blurb.

It is a common belief that stonewool (rockwool, grodan etc) is alkaline and one has to continuously adjust the ph... this is not true! When rockwool is new it contains residual lime from production. You should soak the rockwool in NO LOWER then ph 5 water a day b4 use. (Under ph 5 can and will damage the wool and will create huge ph values)
This dissolves the lime. The lime will make the PH raise a full point. Immediately b4 use you flush your rockwool with your nutrient solution... when you flush this flushes the dissolved lime and the rockwool will not effect the ph at all here after.
Why is your PH still going up and changing? It goes up because of root activity. If the ph is not going up your plant is not growing!

Also.. some other quick facts... last water should be 2 hours b4 light off... flood cycles only need to be 10mins max... thas the longest time it takes a rockwool cube to completely soak itself... longer cycles or nite feeding can increase risk of root rot.
(however my pump runs 24/7 and i haven't had rot yet... altho i do let wool dry a bit during the days.. and my res is well aerated)

cheers for that dude..but i heard if u let rockwool soak in water it gets clogged with water and can not breath properly..do u just like dip it in ph 5 until wet through out then let it dry the day b4 u use it then next day let it soak in ph6water/nutes??i know u are a pro and not saying u are wrong just wanting to hear what u say to that :)

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7554

i went to check my babies today and they have still not rooted..this is been a week past saturday now!!is this normal??i will go back to check them friday or saturday again..the rockwool is still kinda damp though..one of the leaves had a tiny yellow spot on it..whats this??

Took some more piccies for yas to see for yourselves

DSC01271.JPG

DSC01272.JPG

DSC01273.JPG

DSC01274.JPG

DSCF0961.JPG

DSCF0962.JPG

DSCF0963.JPG

DSCF0965.JPG

DSCF0966.JPG

DSCF0967.JPG

Latest posts