Just starting!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcolvv89

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls...I just joined this site and think its amazing! I was looking at getting into this hobby since I love weed anyway lol...But I have some questions first.

1. What is the proper light to grow?
2. Do I just need 1 seed or many?
3. I heard only the brown seeds grow not the white ones, is that true?
4. How much and often do I water them?
5. Put them in a flower pot or what?

Now this is what I was thinking of building for me to house them...

I was going to get some wood and build basically a box, paint the bottom white, and the sides will be all tin-foil...cut a circle from the top and have the light sit on there...Cut a hole in the back to vent air out, and one on the side to put a fan in...This box will be pretty big with a divider in the middle so I can grow to plants..

Does that sound good or no?

Please help me

Hi! I would recommend reading one of the many, many grow guides before starting anything. They will answer most of those basic questions.

Try here:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5837

Many of your questions are simply a matter of taste or opinion.

Having said that:
1: Flourescents of any kind will work but to really grow you will need a special light called a high intensity discharge (HID). High pressure sodium is the best
2.You NEED at least one seed of course, but more seeds you have the better chances you will get females
3. No idea
4. depends on the size of you pots
5. Anything that will hold dirt will work, but generally need one gallon of soil per foot of plant (or somesuch).

make sure when you buy a flower pot that it has plenty of drainage. Some of the pots out there are very inadequate when it comes to drainage. I would recommend getting plastic that way you can always add more.

The tiny white seeds are typically a sign of immaturity.

or line the bottom of your pot with rocks to allow for more efficient drainage.

Alright thanks guys, I'll read that growing guide...

I have one more question...what does 12/12 mean? Im such a noob to this and I don't know some of the things I'm reading

Like Mutt said, white seeds are a sign of immaturity and they probably wont germinate.

12/12 means 12 hours of light and 12 of darkness. If you see things like 18/6, 24/0 (24/7), etc. it is probably refering to the light cycle with the first number meanign the number of hours of light.

welcome to MP hope u enjoy your stay i will be looking forward to seeing your grow good luck

Latest posts

Back