Just wondering...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlo

Reaction score
Hello All,

I understand that during lights-out in the flowering stage, no light should get to the plants...However, I find myself whispering to my brother as we inspect the flowers during lights-out.

Do I have to whisper as they sleep? My brother thinks I'm crazy, but I say they're sleeping and I personally don't like hearing noise when I'm sleeping.

What do you guys think? Would the plants be bothered by our voices as they sleep?

Like I said, it's something that I've just been pondering on....I'm currently on day 15 of flowering and everything seems to be going well at this point, especially since adding the 6"inch inline fan with charcoal filter.

Your joking rite?

You dont even need to be in there with them during lights out.

im sure if your speaking bothered them they would say somthing.

mine listen to the radio all the time and I never get any complaints

only if it's corn.. corn has ..."ears"..:p
bu I agree w/ dman If you 'n your kin are "inspecting buds during lights OUT".. you're providing unnecessary stress to the ladies.
Assuming of course, that you are useing your eyes to inspect them. ;) "Some" form of light is required to see..:confused2:

You are just asking for problems being in there during lights out.....jmo

I at times have to venture into the bedroom where I flower during lights out because my wireless router is in there and needs to be reset a few times a week. The girls are enclosed in panda on all four sides but not completely light proofed without the door closed I sneak in, in total darkness, usually stubbing my toe on a cinder block or sticking my hand in a ceiling fan, DOH! I can feel for the plug to pull it and put it back in. Point is, no matter how bad I jack myself up in the dark I do not make a sound. I do not want to wake my sleeping beauties. HA!

Hamster Lewis said:
You are just asking for problems being in there during lights out.....jmo

I agree... how can you possibly inspect anything with the lights out???????

If you want to know what your plants are like in the dark, set up a couple of potatoes. I sure they can catch a few things with the eyes that those suckers have.

Let me clarify. I don't live in the same area as my plants. Sometimes I check on them after the lights have gone out. I simply enter the room w/o turning on any lights and just see if everything is okay.

Then my brother enters, with his loud ***, and I tell him its probably best if he whispers....Like I said, just pondering.

Thanks for the jokes.

Glad you have a sense of humour Carlos. in all seriousness becareful disturbing the dark cycle, but as for loud noises i wouldnt worry about it.

good luck and stay safe.

LMFAO!! thought you were joking! NO dude your voices will not wake them up but you messing with them or letting just a little light hit the plant, you will wake them up and they will be Pissed!!! in a very bad mood:angrywife:

I woke mine up once, and one of them grabbed and held me while the others had their way with me!! Man that is No Fun when your Plants Attack!! Ohhh F***** Funny!

:holysheep: :holysheep: Just playing! lol

The light you let in is way more to worry about. If anything the talking might help add a little Co2 to the space!:rofl: I woke mine up a couple times a night for a whole month when my timer got bumped. See Accidental re-veg in my sig,

I am sure I hear that a grower who woke his plants up like this got accosted by them and his story of what happened was turned into a film, twice, its called "day of the triffids", it could have been "days of the gangja" but due to the hushed tones used regarding cannabis in the 1950's when it happened, the name had to be changed.

And if you could hear me talking, you would know my tongue was planted firmly in my cheek there!
W

Carlo said:
Let me clarify. I don't live in the same area as my plants. Sometimes I check on them after the lights have gone out. I simply enter the room w/o turning on any lights and just see if everything is okay.

Then my brother enters, with his loud ***, and I tell him its probably best if he whispers....Like I said, just pondering.

Thanks for the jokes.

Do not enter your grow room after lights out. If you cannot get there when the lights are on, just forget it. You are doing harm to your plants by interrupting their dark period. IMO, if you do not get hermies, you will be lucky. Noise has not effect on them.

Latest posts

Back