K2 Started on 12/31

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I went to Stein's and got one of their cheap *** Ph meters. It's an analog meter that tests moisture, light in lumens, and ph level. I think this this is defective as far as Ph level. It only reads from 3.5 to 8 and every soil around the house I try it just stays at like 7.5, it never even moves. But i went ahead and repotted them in some straight vermiculite to improve root growth. Their roots were very thin and few. Since then I gave them just bottled water and today they seem to be doing much better. They grew about 1/2" and got a few more leaves. I'm going to order a digital Ph meter from ebay. Their Ph level ranges from 3-14. I'll post some pics tomorrow but here's the POS meter I got:

DSCN2211.jpg

Well, they're definitely in recovery mode. But they are showing signs of improvement. The leaves on both of them are pointing up towards the light instead of drooping down. Also the new leaves are greener with no signs of disease. I think within a week they will look much much better!

DSCN2218.jpg

DSCN2219.jpg

Well, I was right. A week later and they are growing much much better. All of the newer leaves are beautiful and they seem to be growing at a good pace. Today I just repotted them in 18 quart pots using worm castings, vermiculite, perlite, and peat moss. They're still on floros but I will be switching to the 400 watt HPS in the next couple days. Later tonight I will post some new pics.

Are you planning on flowering soon? Is that why you are switching to HPS lights?

leave them under CFL before you burn them under 400 watts and then they will not recover

Well I don't think I will burn them. I have a cool tube and a 20" box fan for it. Using the HPS has got to improve the speed at which it's growing provided I keep the temp where it should be. The problem I'm facing now is the Ph level. I got my digital meter in the mail and the soil tested at around 8.5 since I repotted them. What are some ways to lower it and what do you guys recommend I keep it around. Another weird thing is one plant's formation is real nice while the other is growing different. It has like a 3 leafer on one side and a single leafer on the other. Then it has one leaf without ridges on it. Kinda weird. Here's one pic of each plant:

DSCN2223.jpg

DSCN2225_2.jpg

Personally I use ph down from Techanflora and add it to my water which is at around 5.5-6.0ph before I water them. Also heard aspirin (powdered) will help too. It seems like you have nute lock-up due to the high ph.

All right, I ordered some PH down. Hopefully they'll be OK for a few days.

moneyme said:
OK, I got my seeds in the mail yesterday from Nirvanna Seed co. It took about 7-10 days and the packaging was very discreet. I ordered K2 because it is high in THC and it can yield a lot. My intentions are to only have one female after all is said and done so I'm germinating 5 seeds. I'm using the wet paper towel method just started today. I'll keep everyone posted when something changes.

:peace: keep the updates coming man.

I just had this problem and it reminds me of nute lock out due to PH. Good luck...

Stunzeed...

I installed the HPS today and it's very impressive how much light it gives off. I've only had a few 50 watt HPS lights before so I'm excited about the 400 watt. It's only been a few hours but the plants are loving it. The temp is around 80 degrees and I have the light about 20 inches from them. If I notice them start to stretch I'm going to lower it a little. I'll post more pics tomorrow.

Good luck with the 400w I have been using one since the second week of flower and it seems to do the trick. :farm:

Thanks. Oh yeah, I'm also going to top the plants tomorrow too. I've always just let them grow straight up but I hear you can yield more by topping them.

Just pinch off the top new growth and it will take about a week to recover but then you will have two shoots come in. After that I let the plant do its thing and create alternating nodes from then on. Make sure your cutting utensil and hands are clean before doing so.

Well, at first the growroom was getting way too hot. It was going between 90 and 95 degrees. Then I rearranged how the box fan was positioned. I don't know why I had it just blowing the air around in there instead of blowing towards the doors openeing. Now it cools itself off nicely in there and is staying at around 75-78 for the last 12 hours. I have the thermometer right in between the plants so I can see what temperature they're seeing. The plants are getting wider leaves and are growing like crazy. It's hard to see them in these pictures, but I'll post new ones tomorrow under normal light so you can get a better idea.

DSCN2235.jpg

DSCN2236.jpg

DSCN2237_2.jpg

DSCN2238_2.jpg

OK, I topped them off today so I guess I have to wait a few days for them to recover. I also noticed leaf growth beginning at the internodes. They are growing really good. They looked like they doubled in size in the few days the HPS has been on them. I'll update once I notice them start to recover from topping them.

Well I took my 1st trip to this really good growshop today. They had anything you could possibly imagine there from exhauset sytems to scent control, all kinds of fertilizers and lights. I picked up some Ph down finally, along with some Tiger Bloom for later on, and some scent control too. The plants are doing OK, The internodes are coming along nicely. Nothing to post a pic for really.

The new leaves at the internodes are growing like crazy, but the leaves were all starting to curl up again. I finally watered them with water that was adjusted with the ph down. I had it at about 6.0. Then today I woke up and they already seem to be doing better. That ph down is pretty strong. I put like a teaspoon in a gallon and it lowered it to like 3.1 . I had to play around with it for a while to get it just right. I'll post some pics later tonight.

Latest posts

Back