K2 Started on 12/31

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just fed them again with some water that's 5.5 . Hopefully that will help some more. These plants are really taking off!! They are growing so fast it's unbeleivable. But they are yellowish towards the inside of the veins. Don't know what that means. You can't see it in these pics because of the HPS. Today I installed a sheet of glass to stop some of the heat from hitting the plants, you can see it in one of the pics.

DSCN2245.jpg

DSCN2246.jpg

DSCN2247.jpg

DSCN2248.jpg

DSCN2249.jpg

This strain is looking funnier every day. There's a lot of leaves that are more rounded where it should have ridges on the sides. But since I started adjusting the pH level they have been growing like crazy. Here's some pics in normal light finally.

DSCN2250.jpg

DSCN2251.jpg

DSCN2252.jpg

DSCN2254.jpg

Boy, they weren't lying when they said this is a compact plant. They're already a month old and they're only about 5 inches tall!! The light is about 16-18 inches away so you would think they would stretch a little bit. The leaf growth is remarkable but there's just no height. I finally got the soil to about 6.4 on one and 6.6 on the other one and they're growing good. I'm probably going to veg for another week or two before flowering.

They may be small right know but that K2 being mostly indica will be short anyways and don't worry they will have a growth spurt so keep an eye out for getting too close to the lights because one day soon they are going to sprout quickly. I have noticed this with some bagseed that appears to be mostly indica.

Yeah, I saw a different grow journal somewhere where a guy grew K2 and started flowering at 18 inches and it turned out to be 40 inches when it was done. I don't want mine quite that tall so I will probably start flowering at around 12 inches. I'll look forward to that growth spurt, thanks for the info.

They seem to be indica dominant. They are from bagseed and are approximately 49 days old. Notice the dates on the photos and you can see the growth spurt difference. One has already started to show sex under 18/6 lighting, female woo hoo! Photo number three was 1/10/07 and the first two are 2/6/07.

Grow Pics 063.jpg

Grow Pics 062.jpg

Grow Pics 036.jpg

Anyone have any ideas why my soil's pH was at 7.6, then I watered it with water that was 5.9 and now the soil is at 4.9??? I need to be schooled. Any advice?

moneyme said:
Anyone have any ideas why my soil's pH was at 7.6, then I watered it with water that was 5.9 and now the soil is at 4.9??? I need to be schooled. Any advice?

Check it again in a day to see if it leveled off. Give it a bit to adjust it self as it may suprise you.

Right when I say something about how short they are I think they're starting a grow spurt. They grew from 5 inches 3 days ago to 7.5-8 inches now!! And there's a lot more new leaves now. They're definitely looking like some bushes! Here's some crappy a** orange pictures:

DSCN2264.jpg

DSCN2265.jpg

DSCN2263.jpg

I told ya I told ya! Looking good, I knew it was coming soon. Its like after 30 days veg they seem to take off. Its as if they have to get used to being alive first. :farm: :48:

Ok, these f***ers are growing like crazy. They're still growing about an inch a day! I switched the light cycle yesterday to 12 / 12. Otherwise I fear I may run out of room. They're 12 and 11 inches. I can only raise the light about another 6 inches up which I'll probably do tonight. The plant on the left has a possible nut sack. It's hard to say cuz it's kinda early for the sex to show but it sure looks like it. There's a couple of yellow spots on a few of the lower leaves but I think it may be from when I watered them I could've got a few drops on the leaves (with nutes). But a few leaves also are curling up on the sides. I think it's probably from heat. pH is at 6.6 and temp is around 80-82. Here's some pics of them and a pic of some Strawberry Cough I'm smoking on. BEST S*** I'VE HAD ALL YEAR!! One hit is almost too much!! :p

Also, out of the quarter of the Strawberry Cough I had I found a big fat walnut in a top. This would be a feminized seed then wouldn't it?:confused:

DSCN2271.jpg

DSCN2272.jpg

DSCN2273.jpg

DSCN2275.jpg

DSCN2277.jpg

That is amazing growth. Be careful of space because those girls are gonna increase in size during flowering. :)

One of them suffered a little heat burn. I had to close the closet before I went to work so it would be dark when the light goes out. They went about an hour with the light on and no ventilation and it got around 87 degrees in there. So I raised the light 6" which is as high as it'll go without some customizing. And I also got a larger piece of glass for under the light because the old glass was like 4 inches below the hood and the new one is right under the hood. Now I need a small fan to **** the heat out of the top of the hood. I also got a digital thermometer / humidity reader. The humidity is at 40%. Temp is at 81 after I raised the light.

THESE THINGS STINK!!! I left today and came back and the whole house smelled like skunk! And I didn't even smoke anything. This is like the 1st time I noticed any smell from them and it's strong. Sucks cuz my potpouri slow cooker just took a s***. Gotta get a new one. I'll post some new pics when I wake up.

moneyme said:
THESE THINGS STINK!!! I left today and came back and the whole house smelled like skunk! And I didn't even smoke anything. This is like the 1st time I noticed any smell from them and it's strong. Sucks cuz my potpouri slow cooker just took a s***. Gotta get a new one. I'll post some new pics when I wake up.

:rofl:

You better get some odor control quick dude or your gonna have 5 - 0 knocking on your door.

theyorker said:
:rofl:

You better get some odor control quick dude or your gonna have 5 - 0 knocking on your door.

I got a jar of this stuff. Works pretty good for one room but I should get a few more.

DSCN2278.jpg

The one I thought was a male earlier is looking more and more like one every hour. It's really hard to say. But it looks like VERY tiny growths in the cracks that don't resemble white hairs. The other one doesn't have these . I didn't pull it yet because I want to be 100% sure. Here's a few pics, it's probably too hard to see.

DSCN2299.jpg

DSCN2301.jpg

DSCN2302.jpg

RSCN2300.jpg

RSCN2303.jpg

And here's a few pictures of both of them. Recovering nicely from the heat burn yesterday. And smellin the whole place up.

DSCN2304.jpg

DSCN2305.jpg

DSCN2306.jpg

DSCN2308.jpg

Latest posts

Back