K2 Started on 12/31

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moneyme

Father Nature
Reaction score
OK, I got my seeds in the mail yesterday from Nirvanna Seed co. It took about 7-10 days and the packaging was very discreet. I ordered K2 because it is high in THC and it can yield a lot. My intentions are to only have one female after all is said and done so I'm germinating 5 seeds. I'm using the wet paper towel method just started today. I'll keep everyone posted when something changes.

Good green mojo comin at ya man. :peace:
Look forward to seein them beans sprout.

K2 is a great white pheno indeed :D

clubs like captain cave man has

grow on

Well, after two days 3 of the seeds popped open and had half inch root tails so I planted them in 16oz plastic cups with vermiculite, perlite, and peat moss mixed with very little potting soil that has a VERY SMALL trace of nutes. I put them under two 25w cfls about 2.5 inches away about 3 days ago and nothing yet. Usually they would've sprouted by now. I wonder if they are still alive?

OK, all three I have in the solo cups have sprouted now. I guess I was just impatient. I'll take a pic in 2 days to show how they're growin.

Congrats on your babies. Look foward to watching them grow up into nice frosty young ladies. Good luck on the grow. Here is some GREEN MOJO for ya.

GreenMojo.JPG

Well, two of them are doing very good, but the other hasn't moved since the last time I posted. The two that are doing good are on their 3rd sets of leaves already and they're only about an inch tall. I added another 25 watt cfl so there's one on each solo cup and I have the lights about an inch from the leaves.

DSCN2162.jpg

DSCN2163.jpg

DSCN2165.jpg

Whats up moneyme. Your babies are looking great. Nice and green just how ya want them. You can get 42 watt CFL's like the one's you have for $8 at Wal-Mart. Each one puts off like 2,700 lumens. Your doing a great job mang keep it up. ;)

Hmmm.. I didn't see those there when I went. That's where I got these ones. I'll look a little harder next time I go. Thanks.

they have them, i have seen them before.

you should try looking them up on ebay, they have tons of different ones on there, and some sell them by the case.

is that a regular light just hanging upside down? and not to be nosey, but whats the key for? :D

That's the key to the city! No, I'm kidding, it's my thermometer. And yup, that's a regular lamp upside down. It's rated for up to 75 watts and that's what I have it running.

Hey there moneyme. Your babies are lookin happy & healthy, but unless you're planning to move them under a more powerful light you will have a very small yield. 75 watts just won't cut it :confused2:

I have a 400 watt hps. I'm just using the CFLs to veg. 75 watts would be a pretty emarrassing yield. I've grown a few times, but the most light I ever had was 150 watts of HPS on one closet plant. It was OK but the buds could've been bigger.

Looks like I'm plagued by slow growth and there's some purplish edges on some leaves. I'm currently using tapwater which I had tested. The Ph is around 8.0 and they said it's pretty hard water. So, tomorrow I'll be going to get some bottled water. I'll post some pics tomorrow too.

moneyme said:
Looks like I'm plagued by slow growth and there's some purplish edges on some leaves. I'm currently using tapwater which I had tested. The Ph is around 8.0 and they said it's pretty hard water. So, tomorrow I'll be going to get some bottled water. I'll post some pics tomorrow too.

Ph is definately too high... get it down a point or so and it would help a bunch.

I'm just wondering...wouldn't it be much better to grow these in a much smaller area? Light beams spread and by having so much space you are lighting a lot of space for no reason.

if you dont have a Ph down bottle use a lemon juice juust not too much
slowly add lemon juice mix and check ph level until you gonna getit in 5.5 range

Well, I waited until they needed to be watered and flushed them with bottled water. They don't seem to be doing too good. The one is curled under with yellowish spots on it. The other is a little more perky with purplish edges on the leaves. Neither seem to be growing very well. I have no idea what the problem is. Maybe it's the medium I'm using. I can repot them in something fresh and keep them on the bottled water. I'm assuming it's too early to give them any nutes? The growing space is about 18" x 18" x 18" right now so it can't really get much smaller. Any suggestions?

DSCN2195.jpg

DSCN2196.jpg

Like KADE said you need to get your PH down. Also what are the temps in your grow area because that looks like heat stress?

The temp stays around 72-74 degrees F. I'm on my way to the store to get a Ph meter. Do those test the soil or the water or both? I never used one before. It doesn't look like their burnt from nutrients to anybody? I haven't gave them any nutes but the tapwater was probably too high in something.

Latest posts

Back