K2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

astra007

stoney bud posted in another thread that k2 is not a white strain. IT IS A MEMBER OF THE "WHITE" FAMILY

Attacking verbiage removed from the post by Stoney Bud.

pretty sure it is from the white famliy pheno..... been mess'n with it for a few years myself

didnt see the post your talk'n about but perhapes it was a typo or something

easy mang

From Nirvana's site:

K2 is a long-time reliable Dutch commercial strain because of it being a bit easier to cultivate than the “white” strains.

*I* didn't say it wasn't a white strain. I quoted a reputable seed breeder.

I did exactly as you suggested and Googled it. Of the replies, with the exception of one, each said clearly that it is easier to grow then WHITE STRAINS. Several did say that the strain is related to White Widow, but in the same paragraph, each also said what I quoted above.

Obviously there is some disagreement about what this strain is. By far, the wording of it's description is that it is NOT a white strain, only related to a white strain.

Stoney Bud said:
Obviously there is some disagreement about what this strain is. By far, the wording of it's description is that it is NOT a white strain, only related to a white strain.

yep thats what i meant as well, related.... tricky wording like from the venders and mine didnt help:D

thats the way i under stand k2 as well.... related to the white pheno via WW

knew there was a simple answer

and it is easyer to grow :p

HGB said:
pretty sure it is from the white famliy pheno..... been mess'n with it for a few years myself

didnt see the post your talk'n about but perhapes it was a typo or something

easy mang
I quoted Nirvana in the quote I referenced. The statement that I found from several seed suppliers was that K2 was "easier to grow than the white strains". The wording would lead anyone to believe that by saying that, it would exclude it from white strains.

One seed supplier in the UK did refer to it as a white strain, but the others said it was a "relative" of white widow, but each said "it is easier to grow than white strains".

Based on this, what do you think? If a strain is "related" to a white strain, does that make it a white strain or is it possible for it to not be a white strain even though related to one?

What exactly is the requirement for a strain to be called a white strain and why are these breeders saying that it isn't one?

HGB said:
yep thats what i meant as well, related.... tricky wording like from the venders and mine didnt help:D

thats the way i under stand k2 as well.... related to the white pheno via WW

knew there was a simple answer

and it is easyer to grow :p

Thanks HGB, that helps clear it up some. I asked you this in the below post, but what criteria has to be present in a strain to make it a "White" strain and not only related to one?

Stoney Bud said:
Thanks HGB, that helps clear it up some. I asked you this in the below post, but what criteria has to be present in a strain to make it a "White" strain and not only related to one?

say stoney,

no prob mang...

never really thought about that alot... just took it to mean like 3rd cousins so to say :confused:

didnt google anything up on this today but did alot of rearch 3 years ago when i got into white russian and crossed it with k2 :eek:

got some white willow (not widow) in flower now and find my self wonder'n what to call it after i cross it with a WRxK2 :eek: semi I related:confused:

will get back to this thread later

grow on

go to 77seeds.com i have grown k2 - bought it from nirvana in fact. it sugars up like a widow and grows similar. something like misty or easy rider. on the back of the nirvana seed package; all the white family are listed. k2 is included. hope this clears it up

Stoney Bud said:
but what criteria has to be present in a strain to make it a "White" strain and not only related to one?

say stoney,

did a bit of research on this and found a ton of info. alot of conflicting as well so had to read between the lines at times

this is the way i understand the diff.

phenos from the white family have a white name like whiterino,white russian ect. but when crossed with a non white family pheno the off spring then become related to the white family and carry part of the gene's....

guess my white russian x white whillow will be from the white family and my white willow x k2 will be related

ching ching

grow on

Hey HGB, thanks for the information. It's interesting that the "White" strains have such a place in the world of weed.

What's the history on your White Willow? I haven't run across it before.

now what would black widow be? white widow x black pearl doesnt say white; then we have easy rider hehehe sorry

White Willow is named after Soma's daughter who is quite a strong human being which reflects thisstrong plant. A cross of White Widow and Afghani-Hawaiian this plant has massive buds and large THC crystals. The color of the leaves is a dark almost bluish green. The taste is sweet like some special desert. The smell is Afghani-sweet. It takes a while to finish so again you need experience for this one. Quite a good yield. Strong high.

HGB said:
White Willow is named after Soma's daughter who is quite a strong human being which reflects thisstrong plant. A cross of White Widow and Afghani-Hawaiian this plant has massive buds and large THC crystals. The color of the leaves is a dark almost bluish green. The taste is sweet like some special desert. The smell is Afghani-sweet. It takes a while to finish so again you need experience for this one. Quite a good yield. Strong high.
That sounds real interesting. Where is the best place to get seeds for it?

soma's website is down. this is mainly sativa? dom? flower 11 weeks? i've had old god hawaiin and afghani #1

seems white willow is in stock HERE

this is my first round with it stoney so time will tell how it is....

first male showed at 3 weeks into veg ;)

grow on

$89.18 US

Wow!

I'm going to have to wait until I've paid for my new well.

Ouch!

This sounds like one hell of a strain. Maybe I'll wait until you harvest and cure HGB and see what you think of the weed after smoking it.

Or have you smoked it already?

Edit: Also, I looked all over their site but didn't see how many seeds are provided in a purchase. ???

its a newer strain thus costly. they have a white willow x g13 and a white willow x haze out now too.

astra007 said:
its a newer strain thus costly. they have a white willow x g13 and a white willow x haze out now too.
Sure, go ahead and tease me. Ha!

I have to deal with this monstrously expensive hole in the ground first. This is the first new well I've ever had to pay for. The last as well he tells me. I'm not sure if he meant the longevity of the well or me. The guy tells me, you need a new this, you need a new that.

Holy crap! Tomorrow night, I should have lots of water and almost no money.

I do have a shit load of weed tho. I'm good.

Latest posts

Back