Kali Mist II -- grow dy 23 and 30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zarnon

Reaction score
Kali Mist was my favorite herb I've grown/smoked .) 100% Sativa, very 'up' high. The flower on this under hydro and CO2 will still run you over 2 mo tho.... more if soil.

It is supposedly a 'low yielder' but I found it to give you tons of herb if you just have the patience to wait for her to ripen.

My first grow with KM was my first grow and I made a few mistakes.

This time things are chugging along pretty good. The only prob was a few seeds were defective, with weird stunted cotyledons. I think some moisture got in the seeds (storing in the refrig was not a good idea! :( )

The back three were topped 4 or 5 days ago and are at 11-12 inches.

Running at 400 ppm Canna, Cannazyme, Superthrive n' lots of good energy. I'll run this until the plants start flowering under 12/12.

Temp 77 night, 80.9 day in beautiful Nirvanialand, gentle westerly breezes throughout

Also beginning spraying weekly to avoid pests; Dr. Bronner and Neem 1.5 tsp each/qt.

Ultimately I'll grow a max of three out of these.

23 and 30.jpg

Whats up Zarnon. You my friend have got a green thumb for sure. How many grows do you have going. Nice fat little bushies. Your babies look great.

Nice stuff!! Very nice looking plants indeed :D Did some sativas a while back (just a couple off to the side) and yes...very good and a decent yeild....when your patient ;)

Grow on :D

TBG: I can only do one grow at a time. Really it is enuf since I just either smoke or give it away. I've probably mixed things up by posting pics of past grows in with current ones... sorry!

Ldy... Yep... ya gotta be careful wit dem sativers because the stretch can really fool ya. KM was my first grow and I started flower at 1.5 feet. I almost ran out of space. The biggest have all been topped so it slowed their vertical momentum somewhat.

I'm happy with how they're coming along. I try to hold my camera with the same landmarks when comparing growth, here's a pic two days later (The front right and rear were swapped for better spacing).

Day 25 n 32.jpg

Gorgeous plants. Nice and green. :D

God, looks like we're stuck with this dum title I chose. haha....

Well, we're beyond dy 23/30 now :D

I started flower two days ago, so this pic is dy 2 flower, dy 26/33 all.

I'm running an E.C. of 600 now, still canna veg, cannazyme, superthrive.

I'll just be running canna flora a/b from when the flowers start coming in then add 'the goods' around week five (pic 2).

I like these additives b/c they look like they'll complement the current nute prog. I have used BM and it is great.

The other two are very low in NPK. I've found it best not to mess with the ratios of the canna (I have gotten relative nute imbalance because of it).

The plants are doing the incredible sativa grow and are putting on a lot of mass and height. If you look at those 'landmarks' in the photo above, I had to back out a little more to get them all in.

I have now topped twice and the tallest are at 1 ft 6in with largest fan 7.5 inches from center of leaf. Gonna have to thin the herd soon, males or no.

FLowerdy2.jpg

closers.jpg

big broad leaf.jpg

lookin really good zarnon! nice and healthy...not one flaw

Just a funkifired quick update

3 days later here we are. No flowers yet but don't expect 'em. But I bet that top right one is going to be female, just by the clusters of preflower leaves...

I got me a 50-50 chance of looking smart (or dum haha).

So the older 3 are at 2 feet. That means the last three days they have been putting on 2 inches daily! :eek: They are shluurping those nutes from the res.. haha... They are currently drinking about 1/2 gal dy each.

This is where hydro starts really kicking in hee hee....

Kali M stretches a lot. I think I timed the start of flower right, but as I recall I had some nervous moments last time...haha...

LOL. I had to back up to get the plant-ation in view for a photo....

4-25 flower dy 5.jpg

And 2 days after that (sorry did not know it was that soon LOL).

Curr. largest at 30 inches, Topped twice.
Here's how I see 'em, even tho there's no definite sign of sex.

Top left - male
Back right - male
Top right - female
Back far left - female
back middle - no clue

This is all based on the clusters of preflowers and that can be deceiving but I'm kinda bored. :)

4-27-06 Flower Dy7.jpg

OK, so, my older three have 'declared', and I am batting 100% so far LOL.

The two ones I thought were female were female (front right and back far left).

The one I had 'no clue' on turned male (I shoulda looked closer at this one, it had a lot of penii popping out all over).

Very nice plants i plan to grow a kali strain as well as a Hindu Krush i cant wait for them all lol so many strains. Cant wait to see the harvest even tho is long away.

Wassup late night twisters...!!??

LLCB: Yep, you're right... it will be a nice slow ride to harvest. The main ingredient is patience lol..

I wanted to post on these 'punji' stix I use.

I made these by just drilling a hole for a large dowel all purchased at Home DePot. I use adjustable weights from this dumbell set I bought.

These are very adjustable and very forgiving if you accidently bump them (they 'give' and don't tear your plants).

These also buy me some time and increase the horizontal plane. I think as long as you do not overdo it, this stuff is really beneficial at filling in empty spaces and evening out the grow area.

I want to post some pics with the halogen off. I'll do 'er tomorrow so you can see how the lil planters have adjusted.

So, I guessed 3/4 correctly before flowering, which means I got a C!!!!! Yesssssssssss!!!! (pumps fist) I passed!

3 females are great for this room size. As Mr. Burns would say; "Excelllllllllent!"

:D

punjiagainb .jpg

5-1 earlyb mornin.jpg

Dowel 1b.jpg

Beautiful plants Zarnon, you've got one helluva grow setup! ;)

gorgeous plants. I like your training method. Looking great.

;)

Here they are the next morning.

Thanks for the comments. The right back one is stunted (because I had this string tied around it I just remembered a few days ago DOH!) and needs to do some catch up.

So I trained the plants around it and spread the branches so they will all have a lot of light exposure.

I tried to take a pic just using a small fluro and a portrait halogen, but got some really uneven light. Oh well...

5-1 later day.jpg

Your jungle is looking great and i can't wait to see those big fat buds they are gonna have. Great job man.

Thank ye one and all (two of you, haha).

Hey, I'm buildin' me a pppopa--, a ppppropa--,
a propagation chamber!!

I have it mostly done. I haven't hung the fan cuz the drill ran out of juice but very Fritz Lange so far, no?

The tub is 35 gal I think. The fluoros are diff size. Together they are 3800 lumen. Enuf for what I want to do in here (I hope).

It's nice and deep and the smaller 'clone chamber' is a foot tall and a few feet long.

While I have more to do, like Towlie:

"First I better get a little high!"

propogation chamber 1.jpg

chamber2.jpg

Wow it is looking good Zarnon, good luck with your up coming clones, your chamber looks great

Latest posts

Back